Welcome, Guest

weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik)
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 7348 Views

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 26 Mar 2011 19:09 #102084

• geshertzarmeod
  • Current streak: 2245 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Like a bridge over troubled water.
my 2 cents
i think youre biting off more than you can handle. reason being that the computer is obviously a big draw for you, and you are getting down on yourself for not staying off it. I would think that it would be smarter to allow yourself to be on with certain precautions etc... as have been discussed. but that just my 2 cents which may or may not make sense
ישראל אע"פ שחטא ישראל הוא
If you're connected above, you won't fall down below - Reb Shlomo
ולבי חלל בקרבי
לולא האמנתי לראות בטוב ה' בארץ חיים
Last Edit: by .

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 28 Mar 2011 06:42 #102238

• Areivim
  • Current streak: 112 days
  • Junior Boarder
Your point is well taken. I will focus on using my time productively - learning, spending time with my family, reading, and sleeping, which will automatically reduce my computer time.

I will allow myself on the computer, but not for long stretches of time
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2017 23:10 by Areivim.

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 28 Mar 2011 08:07 #102250

• geshertzarmeod
  • Platinum Boarder
Be matzliach!
ולבי חלל בקרבי

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 29 Mar 2011 03:29 #102396

• Areivim
  • Junior Boarder
Great news to report: I was just in the SAME situation that I have repeatedly failed at in the past, and I passed! Boruch HaShem! Instead of feeling disappointed in myself and stupid and weak, I feel energized, great, and strong. If only this could happen every time...consistently!
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2017 23:11 by Areivim.

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 29 Mar 2011 03:31 #102397

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HAHA!!!  YESSSIR.    KOT!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 29 Mar 2011 08:53 #102417

• geshertzarmeod
  • Platinum Boarder
WAY TO GO !!!! HOOORAY !!!!!!!!!
ולבי חלל בקרבי

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 29 Mar 2011 12:09 #102427

• Areivim
  • Junior Boarder
Today is day 6...and after last night's near miss, I'm feeling stronger than ever. Kind of like after they find something wrong with the airplane, and it is delayed on the ground for 2 hours, some people are nervous about the future flight, but I always think, wow, this is way better that they found this problem BEFORE we took off, and now that they knew there was a problem/near miss, they must have really checked and fixed everything well, so we are actually even safer than before.

One can learn a lot from a near miss, and I am thankful to HaShem that I didn't need to fall flat on my face in the mud pit to get the message He is sending me...fix this area of vulnerability, so that you don't fall in the future. Since you really wanted to pass, and really needed to pass to get "the ball rolling" (clean days), I helped you succeed at the last minute. But take the warning, and don't let it get that close again. Boruch HaShem, I got the message. And I also realize through this episode, how much HaShem really loves me and wants me to break free and succeed. This feels amazing.

Last Edit: 04 Mar 2017 23:14 by Areivim.

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 29 Mar 2011 15:19 #102447

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
sounds very good!
keep up the good work
zs
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 30 Mar 2011 11:40 #102592

• Areivim
  • Junior Boarder
Today is day 7...when I successfully make it through today, it will be a FULL WEEK clean. Maybe a small achievement for some, but a very good indication that I am on the right track for me. Since starting here, I have messed up WAY MORE than usual, and haven't been able to put ANY successful string of days together. But that was all in the past, and now I am Boruch HaShem on track...and feeling good.

Last Edit: 04 Mar 2017 23:16 by Areivim.

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 31 Mar 2011 00:40 #102696

• geshertzarmeod
  • Platinum Boarder
Phenomenal!
ולבי חלל בקרבי

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 31 Mar 2011 04:49 #102714

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
gevaldigggggg!

pssssst, wanna know a secret?, there is a pub on GYE,
www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=1609.msg102671#new
why dontcha head over and make a lechaim or two or three or....
drinks on me!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 01 Apr 2011 00:19 #102852

• Areivim
  • Junior Boarder
I am now completing day 8. Eight is great.

I am up way too late tonight, and may have failed in the past...as this is the danger zone, but I am flying too high and am too focused for it to even be a big test right now. I hope it is always this way  , but I know that it won't be.

Thanks for the l'chayim.

Thanks for being with me in my struggles AND successes!
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2017 23:17 by Areivim.

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 01 Apr 2011 01:52 #102857

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
LEVEL 2!!!!!!

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 01 Apr 2011 07:04 #102889

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
I don't know about Starbucks but you can buy Woodford in any liquor store in America if you are 21 years old. If you are too young, ask Bardichev to buy it for you, he is 84 next week.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: weekly accountability and chizuk (the making of a Tzadik) 01 Apr 2011 10:25 #102903

• Areivim
  • Junior Boarder
As far as I know, Woodfood Reserve is a bourbon, though I have never tasted it.

It is on the kosher list:

www.crcweb.org/KC_latest.pdf

But I am looking for a very good, kosher coffee liquor (as I mentioned in my last post). I can't find Starbacks in the liquor stores, and Kahlua is a problem/not recommended.

Today is day 9!

p.s. is Woodford Reserve very good, or is it just part of an inside joke or something? Because I do like Jim Beam Black
Last Edit: 04 Mar 2017 23:19 by Areivim.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes