Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 107011 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 19:15 #118009

• bardichev
shlishi limilah is the only suedas mitzvah metioned in the torah
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 19:20 #118010

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
What about sheva brachos for rachel and leah?

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 19:25 #118013

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
or paraoh's b-day?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 19:30 #118014

• heuni memass
Vyas avraham mishte gadol bayom he'gomal as yitzchak.. Rashi says at 24 months he made a mishte gadol. with the roshei hayshivos.

bards- were does it say about  seuda on shlishi?

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 19:30 #118016

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
or the raute linzen voa der feter hot gegesen

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 19:54 #118023

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
The Malachim came to Avraham Avinu on his Shlishi l'Milah. he served them a meal.

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 20:07 #118027

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 07 Sep 2011 18:47:

maybe its a tikkun for when klal yisrael left Har Sinai, כתינוק הבורח מבית הספר, now everyone runs after the schools

I never heard this before, zemmy, that's very interesting, and your proposed tikkun is genious.
It must be some Rashi on Chumash somehwere that they learnt on a day I missed school?
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 07 Sep 2011 19:25:

or paraoh's b-day?

isn't this amazing, we learn quite a bit of stuff from paraoh melech mitzraim? Jokes aside, I actually heard a limud on importance of celebrating b'days that quoted paraoh's party and Homon's demise that was caused by Moshe Rabbeinu's b'day.
But I've never heard of a shlishi l'milo seuda outside of parshas Vayeiro.... 
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 20:27 #118035

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Have you ever been to a chasidisher shteeble with yungeleit?

You know? The kind where they bring Tikun For Yartzeits, l'chaims for upsherens, & mezonos for Shlishi l'Milah....!!!

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 20:34 #118039

• heuni memass
YH - that was the old times. Now its danishes, hering shtiglets, matjas, crackers, sushi, OJ ,ice coffee.. and Lechaim

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 20:48 #118047

• bardichev
AND WE CAME HERE TO FIGHT LUST

WE LEAVE BECOMING

groisseh talmidei chachamim

experts in hashkafa

zooligists

and overeaters

keepp on trucking dudes  she is everywhere you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 21:17 #118055

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
rebbe b, permit me to use your comment as a springboard for an idea

coming to GYE to fight lust and leaving with a doctorate in zoology and a certificate in gastrointestinal research in hungarian food among many other sundry topics is possibly a good thing. maybe even a great thing.

if we sit all day and focus on not lusting... chances are we will end up exactly there.

it's a delicate balance. if we focus on it too much we lose. and if we don't focus on it enough we lose as well.

when we are in the mud and desperate to get out all we see is the mud. when we shake loose a little and stay clean for a while we see that there are more dept.'s in the store called life. not just mud or mud prevention.

so let us continue talking about slivovitz recipes, paraoh's birthday, possums, cholint, hovercrafts, shalom zachors and wooly mammoths. and keep on trucking!

lechaim yidden!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 21:38 #118060

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 07 Sep 2011 21:17:

rebbe b, permit me to use your comment as a springboard for an idea

coming to GYE to fight lust and leaving with a doctorate in zoology and a certificate in gastrointestinal research in hungarian food among many other sundry topics is possibly a good thing. maybe even a great thing.

if we sit all day and focus on not lusting... chances are we will end up exactly there.

it's a delicate balance. if we focus on it too much we lose. and if we don't focus on it enough we lose as well.

when we are in the mud and desperate to get out all we see is the mud. when we shake loose a little and stay clean for a while we see that there are more dept.'s in the store called life. not just mud or mud prevention.

so let us continue talking about slivovitz recipes, paraoh's birthday, possums, cholint, hovercrafts, shalom zachors and wooly mammoths. and keep on trucking!

lechaim yidden!

Sounds like someone was immersed in the chinuch this past Shabbos (must have been while rocking the baby to sleep):

וכענין שיאמרו החכמים שרוב ההרגל הוא מה שאחר הטבע, כלומר כי כמו שהטבע יכריח האדם למה שהוא מבקש כן ההרגל הגדול חוזר בו כעין
טבע קיים ויכריחנו ללכת בדרך ההרגל לעולם, ובלכת העם בדרכי היושר והאמונה ובוחרים בטוב תדבק בהם הטוב וישמח ה' במעשיו
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 21:39 #118061

• bardichev
avaddeh in avvadeh

the yezter hara wants us to talk about conquring lust

he wants us to define minutea (my new sha) about yh

its all about being busy with him

even on a frumma level

( just to have it out there but not to pick any fights  DOV u know i love you the most)

thats why i am not a chassid of the 12 steps ( i havent said it in almost a year but whoever knows me knows that)

like zemmy said

yak

posuum

geshtaltzemfllegin

smalltexas towns

loquuat shlivovots herring

norvardikker kick boxing

NO YH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 21:43 #118063

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 07 Sep 2011 21:39:

thats why i am not a chassid of the 12 steps ( i havent said it in almost a year but whoever knows me knows that)

bardichev wrote on 07 Sep 2011 21:39:

like zemmy said

1) yak

2)  posuum

3)  geshtaltzemfllegin

4)  small 5) texas 6) towns

7) loquuat 8) shlivovots 9) herring

10) norvardikker 11) kick 12)  boxing

Could've fooled me.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 07 Sep 2011 21:45 #118064

• bardichev
look i finally write a serious post

pooof!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes