Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 107003 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 22 Aug 2011 20:07 #115774

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
here's to keeping the proverbial green tree close at hand heart and attracting the Monstuh' Truck Singing Birds
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 22 Aug 2011 21:50 #115808

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Is that the name of our new band?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Zemmy's story 22 Aug 2011 21:56 #115809

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
great idea! 
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 22 Aug 2011 21:58 #115810

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
I play really good Air Guitar 

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2011 20:55 #116016

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
was riding my bike yesterday. seems like it has some type of issue, where if i pedal hard it misses a gear or two, but if i pedal slowly it works fine. so when i go uphill if i get all gestaltzimfleeged about it and pedal like a madman it actually slows things down...

~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2011 21:40 #116031

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 23 Aug 2011 20:55:

was riding my bike yesterday. seems like it has some type of issue, where if i pedal hard it misses a gear or two, but if i pedal slowly it works fine. so when i go uphill if i get all gestaltzimfleeged about it and pedal like a madman it actually slows things down...

More bicycle lessons
Attachments:
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2011 23:34 #116055

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

I'm sure there is some sort of deep lesson here.

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2011 23:43 #116057

• ur-a-jew
  • Platinum Boarder
gibbor120 wrote on 23 Aug 2011 23:34:

Yes. Very deep:  You get what you pay for. Especially when they are on sale at Wal-Mart.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Aug 2011 00:40 #116058

• ur-a-jew
  • Platinum Boarder
gibbor120 wrote on 23 Aug 2011 23:34:

On a simple level however the lesson is that at times we expend effort thinking that its our efforts that allow us to accomplish when in  fact not only are efforts not bringing us closer to our goal they are actually frustrating our reaching that goal.
עיין עלינו. לשבח. ספר דברים עמוד נה. "האדם, ברוב סכלותו, ומחמת אי,-סבלמתו  מכניס את עצמו לצרות ויסורים שכלל לא. גזר עליו. אם היה עוצר לרגע ממרוצתו, מרוצת הנפש והבהלה, ועורך חשבון נפש נוקב עם ליבו ומחליט להטיל את כובד השקל של הענין בו הוא עסוק, על הקבה, ונשים בו את מבטחים, מתוך ידיעה ברורה שהאלוקים שהכניס אותו אל הענין הזה, יש בו כח לחלצו מן המיצר הרי שללא ספק היה רואה בישועת ה' כהרף עין, הרבה יותר מהר ממה שחשב

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Aug 2011 01:10 #116060

• Back on Track
Ditto.

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Aug 2011 05:07 #116084

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Back on Track wrote on 24 Aug 2011 01:10:

Why cant i upload an avatar? I want a monstuh' truck on my profile....

You must be pedaling too hard.  You need to admit powerlessness and give over your desire to have an avatar to Hashem .

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Aug 2011 11:18 #116106

• Back on Track
Ur soooo right. No more pedalin' just say no.

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Aug 2011 14:26 #116136

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
my much-maligned bike is a 2007 Mongoose bought for $120 from Amazon, so it has a fine pedigree, thank you.

and thank you UAJ for so eloquently expounding upon the bike-mussar
another point that was brought home to me yesterday on the bike was that to me the most enjoyable part of riding is downhill, where it takes no effort to move along and the wind rushes by. The only responsibility i have then is to make sure to slow down or stop in time for obstacles. But no real gain is made health-wise, any more than riding a roller-coaster. Pedaling uphill or on level ground where you expend effort, is where the health benefits are. so too in life.

and today's saying is:

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.  Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do,
there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
  ~A.A. Milne
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Aug 2011 15:02 #116151

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
It's that moment what you have your honey and you're eating it too 

- General Grant

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Aug 2011 15:22 #116159

• ur-a-jew
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 24 Aug 2011 14:26:

my much-maligned bike is a 2007 Mongoose bought for $120 from Amazon, so it has a fine pedigree, thank you.

Thank you for reinforcing yesterday's lesson that you get what you pay for. 
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes