Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 108491 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 13 Dec 2011 07:49 #128410

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
And I don't even have an iPhone...  :-\
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 13 Dec 2011 19:59 #128461

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
yehoshua wrote on 13 Dec 2011 07:49:

And I don't even have an iPhone...  :-\

that's a GOOD thing!

in other news, it would seem superfluous to point out that i am/was on the forum umm... a lot. i am addicted to the forum.
(my name is ZSgiraffepossum and i am a forumaholic)
with inspiration and leading by example by 'certain people' i am trying to cut back on the time i spend here.
b'h for the past few days i have been off the forum for nice stretches of time. i hope to make a habit of limiting my forum-time.

Disclaimer: i am forever grateful to the RBSO and to His shluchim on GYE for bringing me to a place of such caring, goodness, inspiration, acceptance, and true growth. it is only a reflection of my own mismanagement and addictive behavior that manifests itself in excessive 'forumming'. i cherish the precious friends i've made here and i plan to stay in touch with you and also to keep up on the forum, just in a more managed way, be'ezras Hashem.

so if anyone sees that i am 'forumming' recklessly, swerving between threads while talking on a handheld device or spending days hours on end on the forum please let me know (this is to have some form of accountability).
thank you kindly
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 13 Dec 2011 20:43 #128466

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 13 Dec 2011 19:59:

with inspiration and leading by example by 'certain people' i am trying to cut back on the time i spend here.

THE REBBE, I ASSUME.

ZemirosShabbos wrote on 13 Dec 2011 19:59:

i cherish the precious friends i've made here and i plan to stay in touch with you and also to keep up on the forum, just in a more managed way, be'ezras Hashem.

YOU'D BETTER, IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

HEH HEH.

Re: Zemmy's story 13 Dec 2011 20:53 #128467

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What's going on here? the Rebbe, Yosef Hatzaddik, and now Zemmy? I feel lost already.....

!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Dec 2011 05:35 #128483

• Back on Track
Zemmy u kidding right?

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Dec 2011 07:18 #128485

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Certain experts (not only me) believe strongly that addiction to the forum might be a mith.

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Dec 2011 17:34 #128515

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
is MITH one of those mythical creatures you read about in myths from different mythologies?
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Dec 2011 18:59 #128527

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
mith might be how you spell myth after a little meth math
vitamin KOT should relieve the symptoms

Back on Track wrote on 14 Dec 2011 05:35:

Zemmy u kidding right?

trying not to. did i say sumpin' wrong? all i said is that i hope not to be glued to the forum

Gevura ShebYesod wrote on 13 Dec 2011 20:53:

What's going on here? the Rebbe, Yosef Hatzaddik, and now Zemmy? I feel lost already.....

Gevura, may the force be with you, the wind in your sails, the money in your pocket and the cholent on your plate (and don't forget the chrome hub-caps)

~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Dec 2011 19:03 #128529

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
obormottel wrote on 14 Dec 2011 17:34:

is MITH one of those mythical creatures you read about in myths from different mythologies?

Actually, it's the Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities, they commissioned a study about the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and how people who study that subject often end up in the Federation Of Retired Union Members.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 18 Dec 2011 03:40 #128669

• Back on Track
Thanks for clarifying that uaj. I was gonna say the same thing just didn't have the koyach to type it all in. Glad s/o is watchin the fort.

Re: Zemmy's story 18 Dec 2011 08:51 #128691

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice move Zem.

Re: Zemmy's story 19 Dec 2011 15:47 #128767

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Back on Track wrote on 18 Dec 2011 03:40:

Thanks for clarifying that uaj. I was gonna say the same thing just didn't have the koyach to type it all in. Glad s/o is watchin the fort.

Knowing that we can count on each other is what makes this place so great.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 19 Dec 2011 22:39 #128778

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
M.A.N. alert!

in related news: the wife recently bought me a present. i was excited and curious to see what the present was. turns out it was a package of post-it notes. larger than the ones i had been using. anyone who fancies himself a therapist/armchair psychologist/actuary is welcome to offer interpretations as to what that signifies in the greater scheme of things.

otherwise little me is trucking along, doing well baruch Hashem, much praise and glory to the One Above, with reduced forum-time. i do miss the camaraderie and the banter.

Chanuka is a very 'close' yom tov to us. both chronologically (it's the last one) and in it's meaning. outside, in the dark cold night a gleam of warmth. It's a time when we can feast our eyes on a holy sight. A time when we can sit quietly at the lecht and daven. Talk to the RBSO in your own language and phrases.

The Greeks wanted the yidden to 'write on the horn of the ox that we have no chelek in Elokei Yisrael'. the Maharal explains why on an ox and why specifically the horn. the ox symbolizes the Eigel, which the yidden made right after Matan Torah, and the horn represents the hardest part of the animal. All in order to show the yidden that they are cut off from the RBSO, otherwise how could they make the Eigel immediately after Matan Torah. (something many an addict must think at times "how can i still be a yid and relate to the RBSO after what i did"?).
גם אלה תשכחנה ואנכי לא אשכחך
Chazal tell us that the RBSO says that He forgoes and forgets the chet ha'eigel, meaning that it is NOT a sign of severance, but He always remembers Matan Torah, the bond forged there is eternal. The Maharal explains that according to our own merits and actions the bond would be severed but being that the RBSO made an unconditional bond (with unconditional love) it cannot be severed and we are with Him for good. That is the first of the Aseres Hadibros: Anochi Hashem Elokecha, I am your G-d, independent of anything you say or do. That is also why the yidden said Naaseh Venishma, an unconditional acceptance.
may we all be zocheh to taste this unconditional love and fan the embers into a flame
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 20 Dec 2011 16:49 #128830

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 19 Dec 2011 22:39:

M.A.N. alert!

in related news: the wife recently bought me a present. i was excited and curious to see what the present was. turns out it was a package of post-it notes. larger than the ones i had been using. anyone who fancies himself a therapist/armchair psychologist/actuary is welcome to offer interpretations as to what that signifies in the greater scheme of things.

It means you had better keep writing them  ;D.  oh, and she really likes them! good for you!

Re: Zemmy's story 20 Dec 2011 16:51 #128832

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 19 Dec 2011 22:39:

may we all be zocheh to taste this unconditional love and fan the embers into a flame

אמן
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes