Welcome, Guest

Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 20144 Views

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 14 Jul 2011 04:30 #111252

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you UAJ--always there.  Dov, yeah it's ordinary.  Thank God for ordinary.  At last it's getting closer.  Thanks again.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 14 Jul 2011 17:05 #111293

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
idaat, you are amazing.
glad this hurdle was passed so well and you are growing closer to your family and to Hashem. that is the dream...
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 22 Jul 2011 01:35 #111994

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Zem, thanks.  In no small part because of your help.  It's still 1dayatatime.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 22 Jul 2011 16:52 #112092

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi 1daat, wishing you a great shabbos!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 27 Jul 2011 16:36 #112550

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
R' 1daat,

Just caught up in reading this thread. (I neglected it for WAYYYY too long.  :-[ )

After the tears & smiles, came warmth. ... and love!  We never met either, but I would like to take part in the "Anonymouses Anonymous" meeting which Dov is planning!

P.S. I also attended those meetings which Rav Shmendrik is referring to; It was a wonderful experience! We all had stickers with our usernames on our shirts & HUGE smiles on our faces! It was a lot of fun!!!

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 29 Jul 2011 01:14 #112684

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Yosef Hat tzakid,

Thank you for the nice things you said.

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 27 Jul 2011 16:36:

We never met either, but I would like to take part in the "Anonymouses Anonymous" meeting which Dov is planning!

P.S. I also attended those meetings which Rav Shmendrik is referring to; It was a wonderful experience! We all had stickers with our usernames on our shirts & HUGE smiles on our faces! It was a lot of fun!!!
  I can only imagine.  To meet the Rav himself, you, and the other guys I've come to know and love, IN PERSON, would be amazing.  Did you guys make a minyon?  To Daven together!  Oy, somebody, PLEASE, let me know.  I'm west coast.  If it's in E Y or NY, no matter.  I'm flying out.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 29 Jul 2011 02:27 #112688

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi guys. 

So the inevitable happened.  I knew it was coming.  I got my professional journal in the mail yesterday, and there it was in black and white: "Disciplinary Actions. blah blah blah..respondent plead nolo contendere blah blah blah...Respondent solicited a police officer... [I'm not including the details not because I'm ashamed, but because I'm concerned it could be triggering].

All I feel is sad. No drama, no crying and carrying on.  Just a deep sober feeling of finality and loss.  Now the worst is really over.  People will think what they think.  Since I have my God, the pretenses have been getting stripped away, with that love of His, and unflinching truth (Chesed sh'bgvurah).  Nobody can think worse of me than me, most especially when He comes with that annihilating nachama, and let's me know how little I am, and how much He loves me, and how it hurt Him to have to be so tough on me.  "Shah, it's ok now."

Someplace in his commentary on the Tanya, Rabbi Steinsaltz says something like, we cannot glimpse who we are until we can get on the periphery of our personality, by looking back.

The finality, the black-and-whiteness of seeing my name in the professional journal brought up a looking back at the desperate, frantic, lonely, empty, secret life I lived for thirty or forty years.  And then seeing, too, what Hashem had to do to wake me up.  To bring me back to Him.

That's all it was, really--What He had to do to bring me back under His wing.  And so,  "Gam zu... "

One less set of secrets.

When I go to see my daughter at the end of August, I'll be making a side trip to see her mother who is dying.  We will talk.  She is someone who understands this kind of talk.  It may look different when I get there, but my impression now is that it will be a good thing.  And that will be one more secret gone, one more person I can love without the tricks and disguises and all the manipulating how people see me. 

If you guys hadn't been there, time after time after time with your love and counsel and busting me, and making me not take my drama so seriously, getting here from there could never have happened.  He needed you.  You came through.  You did a mitzvah.  Ask for a Brochoh.

Thanks.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 29 Jul 2011 15:40 #112722

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
1daat, you are our brocha
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 29 Jul 2011 15:50 #112727

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yes, you are our brocha. Thanks for sharing all that with us here. May Hashem continue to have Rachamim on you and on others who are suffering right now, and may you (and we) have the wisdom and strength to stay on the beautiful path you have taken hold of for a while now.
Amein.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 04 Aug 2011 04:40 #113402

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Amain!  If I am something that's useful to you, it's a good thing.  Thank you for thinking that of me.

Now, on to the comedy part of out show...

"Yippee, Yippee.  I'm a brocho, mommy, I'm a brocho.  The guys said I was a brocho.  What's a brocho mommy?"

"A blessing".

Yippee, yipee, I'm a blessing, I'm a blessing.  Can I have t-shirt?  'I'm a blessing'?"

"Brocho Shmocho.  No, you can't have a t-shirt.  And stop picking your nose!  Don't believe everything people say about you.  They really mean to say they love you.  If they call you a bad name, don't believe you are what they call you.  They're just trying to say how much they don't like you.  Besides, a brocho wouldn't pick its nose."

"Now go wash, make a motzi, and eat your dinner, brocheleh"

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 04 Aug 2011 12:44 #113436

• Dov
  • Administrator
Oy vei.

Poor kid.

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 04 Aug 2011 21:43 #113595

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
poor kid is right!  It's hard when the mother loves her son and doesn't want him to get a swelled head, confuses him, and doesn't tell him out loud how much she loves him.  No wonder he gets so excited when somebody says something nice to him.

succinct post, Dovy.  Nice.  Bulls eye.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 05 Aug 2011 01:27 #113624

• Dov
  • Administrator
Nu. Succinct? Miracles happen every day! ;D

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 25 Aug 2011 01:24 #116294

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
So now it's off to see my daughter whom I haven't seen for many years.  I am clean with my sons, and now it seems the right time to clean up with her.  I have to be sure I'm not on a mission here, because it could be this isn't a good time for her.  I'll have to just use my intuition and trust "H.

I'm nervous.  But I also can't wait to spend time with her.  On the phone and emails, everything seems good. 

I'll check in afterwards.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 25 Aug 2011 05:39 #116318

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Wishing you the best of luck with your daughter. Hashem is on your side and so are all of us here on the Forum.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes