Welcome, Guest

Chazak Amenu's climb
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chazak Amenu's climb 14206 Views

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 16 Sep 2011 14:33 #119248

• Dov
  • Administrator
Geshmak, geshmak, geshmak!!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 22 Sep 2011 22:00 #120004

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks, so today if completed will be my 21st day clean. I had a REALLY close call the other night and i saw some pictures (they were not clear, they were ancient photos) and struggled between ignoring them and looking at them for about 30 seconds, and i finally shut the page and did very well the rest of the night so i was pretty proud of myself that was the second time i had really faced a major challenge in this current streak. the first time was on shabbos when i had about an hour before some friends came over and i told myself that i might as well m-bate because i wouldnt be able to hold out. but i shook my head and yelled at myself and said "come on! in an hour you will be so proud you did not forfeit!" and i didnt it was a great victory because that was a time slot i had always struggled with. have a great shabbos everyone! 

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 23 Sep 2011 03:48 #120044

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
wow, you're doing great.

I wish I could have caught myself when I was your age.....

Keep On Truckin'!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 23 Sep 2011 12:51 #120073

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
vow, amazing. You go man!!!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 23 Sep 2011 13:00 #120074

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Chazak Chazak Venischazek!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 23 Sep 2011 19:10 #120139

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Than you so much for replying! i know i used to be on the website but i think now that i have mature a little and i really am looking at this more realistically i figure it was time to post again (though for less). I might try and post one more time before the chagim, because i know how hard yom tovim are in general with long afternoons or even just small time slots before getting together with friends or family. but i would really like to keep clean because obviously it would be hypocritical to fall on a day when i am being judged for doing things that are going to tip the scales out of my favor! anyway i will make sure i have friends coming over or me going to their houses. and def wanna take it one day at a time which is why i was hesitant to post about the future but i always think its good to get thing "out" there and written so i dont forget and so i remain accountable. thank you all! ksiva vchasima tova!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 11 Oct 2011 00:39 #121703

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I am on my second longest streak ever right now, i am on 39 if i remember correctly, i just wanna keep going strong and one dat at a time hope everyone is doing well!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 12 Oct 2011 16:03 #121904

• Dov
  • Administrator
Beautiful! Hodu laShem ki tov! Please be sure to do what you can to enjoy this 39th day as much as you may enjoy your 3009th day, iy"H. There really is no difference between them - both are a chessed and the same brocha.

One geshmak and REAL day at a time, like you said it so well above!

Un ah Gitteh, zeeeseh yontiff to you and yours!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 17 Oct 2011 20:44 #122063

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks! still seem to be going strong yesterday was m 45th day clean, i am under alot of stress this year with SATs and all but its really helping that i have made alot of new friends and hangout with them often this is also good because on yomtov or shabbos when there are long expanses of time where normally i would be in bed reading or falling asleep and ultimatley fantasizing i am enjoying time with friends. chag sameach to everyone!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 18 Oct 2011 07:01 #122084

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Baruch Hashem!!!  ;D

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 23 Oct 2011 19:49 #122247

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
hey, Well three days a way from my all time high of 55 days and it is getting a little hard to take it one day at a time but i am gonna try to do so! i had a good yom tov but i am getting stressed about the psats! just wanted to update, daven for my psat scores! hopefully i will update in a few days again with good tidings!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 26 Oct 2011 01:13 #122722

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
If i stay clean the rest of today and tomorrow i will have broken my all time record high clean streak! and it feels really good also i am better off because i am nervous about my psats so i wont only be focused on that (which IS a good thing cause the less i think about staying clean the better cus thoughts dont start to plague me)  hopefully next update will be a really good one!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 26 Oct 2011 01:16 #122723

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hatzlocha rabbah, chabibi. Hashem is Good, no?

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 26 Oct 2011 21:11 #122916

• wishing for the real me
Hashem is soo good to me. Hey dov, did you get my pm?

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 27 Oct 2011 02:02 #122958

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yeah. Parcheesi later?
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes