Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The journey 961 Views

Re: The journey 01 Sep 2024 07:31 #420473

• upanddown
  • Current streak: 140 days
  • Expert Boarder
JARES90 wrote on 01 Sep 2024 06:29:
Alright we’re back day 1. After 50+ days had a fall. Gonna get back up but the falls always happen at the worst/unexpected times just when u think you’re in the driver seat. Very frustrating. But what can I do. Gonna try to stay strong and post daily. Feel free to chime in. Thanks 

These are words of a real fighter! 
You're an inspiration!
Keep going... we're here to support you in your journey

Just a short thought I had over shabbos that's punkt nogea to your post:
שבע יפול צדיק וקם
The number 7 is known to be a number symbolising טבע. (Vs number 8 which is מעל דרך הטבע.)
It seems that as long as a person is within the framework of טבע, even for a Tzaddik falls are very normal. The main thing is that he gets right back up. Only if a person reaches a life of מעל דרך הטבע which is perhaps a life where he's only busy with torah study, tefilla and mitzvos, then he can be less concerned about falling... but for most of us who are still within the טבע framework, we must be on guard at all times.

Just a Hargasha... i wonder if anyone is maskim to the vort...

Keep fighting brother... you're awesome!
Much Hatzlacha,
UpAndDown
My favourite resources:
1. "Zos Brisi". A Likut of fantastic Mareh Mekomos and Chizukim. hebrewbooks.org/56572
Message me privately if you'd like me to send you a sharp PDF version of it.
2. "Sha'arei Gedula". An inspiring & 'down to earth' Sefer. hebrewbooks.org/48344
3. "The Battle of the Generation". guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation

Every stage in life comes with new challenges, see my threads: Emunah struggles, Celebrating a fall, I'm fed up(my main thread), I'm drowning, Tips for Shmiras Einayim

Re: The journey 01 Sep 2024 09:25 #420474

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 142 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just remember that Hashem knows how many clean days you have, even with your counter set to 1.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Falls are tough, no doubt about it. You’ll get back up, and restart with a drive, I know it!

Keep your chin up buddy, you’ll get through this….

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2024 09:25 by Muttel.

Re: The journey 05 Sep 2024 05:52 #420823

• JARES90
  • Senior Boarder
Day 3: last couple days have been ok. Desires are bubbling under the services. Trying not to indulge. 

Re: The journey 06 Sep 2024 01:39 #420870

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 142 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Do you have anything that would serve to bestir lust? Triggers? Cutting those out may help ease the inner squeeze...

Here's wishing you success to keep trucking!

With a heart full of brotherly love,
Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2024 01:39 by Muttel.

Re: The journey 06 Sep 2024 11:52 #420878

• upanddown
  • Current streak: 140 days
  • Expert Boarder
JARES90 wrote on 05 Sep 2024 05:52:
Day 3: last couple days have been ok. Desires are bubbling under the services. Trying not to indulge. 

I've got a feeling that you're still disheartened about the fact that you had that accidental fall and that you're back at the beginning of counting...
Just remember who you really are: You're a real fighter. You have built up tremendous skills over the past half year, you had a few long streaks. Really you should be counting this as day 60 or similar... because that's where you're really holding. The fall was an accident, you might have fallen on the outside but in regards to all that you've worked on, your Pnimiyus, you've not fallen at all.. 
Keep that in mind and stay strong!
You can do it!
My favourite resources:
1. "Zos Brisi". A Likut of fantastic Mareh Mekomos and Chizukim. hebrewbooks.org/56572
Message me privately if you'd like me to send you a sharp PDF version of it.
2. "Sha'arei Gedula". An inspiring & 'down to earth' Sefer. hebrewbooks.org/48344
3. "The Battle of the Generation". guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation

Every stage in life comes with new challenges, see my threads: Emunah struggles, Celebrating a fall, I'm fed up(my main thread), I'm drowning, Tips for Shmiras Einayim
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes