Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5706 Views

Re: Nothing to lose 23 Jun 2024 07:39 #415647

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
No i dont use P..n 
I don't know my options with tharpy
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2024 07:40 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose 23 Jun 2024 10:33 #415650

• adam2014
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
@notezy, I can relate to your continued "falling." It is a vicious cycle that is hard to break. Do you see any recurring events leading to the falls? Is it a certain time or day or a certain situation (like walking the streets with underdressed women) that triggers you? Also, how available are unfiltered devices? I am thinking about things that led to my many falls. I have learned that nothing is unpenetrable, but the more friction you can put between yourself and the urge, the better. Those few moments that I had to wrestle with getting past a filter have saved me numerous times.

Anything that you can do that can give you an advantage in this battle is well worth the effort.

Coming on here is a HUGE step and please keep coming
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2024 10:33 by adam2014. Reason: spelling

Re: Nothing to lose 23 Jun 2024 11:59 #415653

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I would say women on the street can be an issue sometimes but generally it's to do with self worth, somtimes it's just strong urges nothing more or maybe I haven't identified where those strong urges come from I'll say the strong urges come after longer clean streaks.. and somtimes just in the morning when I wake up which I assume comes from thinking about things unintentionally the night before... speaking of filters I have web chaver on both devices and I use "Lock me out" as a parental locking control for my phone and Microsoft family safety as a parental controls for my computer. Genrally very locked down. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose 23 Jun 2024 16:40 #415669

• horizon
  • Gold Boarder
ashrecha that you set up those protections! knocking p. out of the picture is HUGE.

i would suggest to follow Frank.lee's head.

hatzlacha!

טאטע טאטע טאטע איך וויל זיין, יא איך וויל זיין, א ירא שמים

my forum

Re: Nothing to lose 23 Jun 2024 18:40 #415675

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell again tonight.
not sure what you mean by franlees head...
I would also add that their is stuff i see somtimes online not p..n but still problematic. 

Re: Nothing to lose 23 Jun 2024 23:30 #415695

• horizon
  • Gold Boarder
frank.lee wrote on 23 Jun 2024 06:43:
Hi @notezy, you're awesome, staying connected to here, on top of the situation for yourself, sharing. 

About therapy, I also used to think - what can a therapist help? But it is wrong. These are ppl who work all day to figure out how and why we act, and learn tools to help. Therapy can help tons!! And if you are missing some of the drive or motivation, that should be addressed in therapy.

Do you know your options for therapy?

therapy is a tremendous brocho and resource our generation was zoche to. if you're determined to put in the work, it can (w hashem's help) bring you from a horse and buggy to a sports car.
also, nowadays there are really good options that except insurance essentially making the help you'll get free.
somewhere on this site there are links to referral agencies who can show you your options and guide you to the right shliach. (one such option is relief)

טאטע טאטע טאטע איך וויל זיין, יא איך וויל זיין, א ירא שמים

my forum

Re: Nothing to lose 25 Jun 2024 16:10 #415806

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Went to Jerusalem today for a meeting. Stopped by the kotel to pray for everyone again....
I gaurded my eyes on the street as much as i could there but still have urges as i am arriving home. So I guess it's time to fight for it going to try to go help my rabbi with something to keep busy.

Last Edit: 25 Jun 2024 16:10 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose 26 Jun 2024 07:57 #415859

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Made it through the night.
But the battle is never over.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 103 26 Jun 2024 15:44 #415875

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a fall 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 103 26 Jun 2024 16:34 #415881

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Harav Rabbi Notezy, I think its time for you to start doing something different. 
Please reach out to HHM and schedule a therapy visit. You need to start somewhere. Yu are stuck in the mud and turning your wheels. that not working for you., 
Sorry for being harsh, but it hurts me to watch you suffer like this, when there are so many tools available now BH. 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 103 26 Jun 2024 16:54 #415887

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Check out this post, it will give you perspective on how important this struggle is. 

guardyoureyes.com/forum/15-The-Torah-amp-Chizuk-Approach/415810-Rabbi-Tzvi-Freeman

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 104 27 Jun 2024 16:18 #415955

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Another fall.
Ill look into it when i get a chance i dont know when that will be.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 104 27 Jun 2024 16:28 #415956

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 100 days
  • Gold Boarder
notezy,

I really feel for you watching this cycle.... been there, done that.... Are you regularly in touch with a mentor here on GYE for some accountability (HHM)? It's doing wonders for me.......

Here's hoping you can turn failure to success, get out of this mess, turn over a new leaf, and satisfaction from aliya reap!

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 104 27 Jun 2024 18:11 #415960

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 27 Jun 2024 16:18:
Another fall.
I’ll look into it when i get a chance i dont know when that will be.

Email me if you want to talk
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 104 29 Jun 2024 20:46 #416022

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
And another fall tonight....

Time to create page: 1.13 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes