Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 7763 Views

Re: Nothing to lose - update 13 12 Feb 2024 20:39 #408607

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 12 Feb 2024 14:39:
Day 19 I had a fall today. 
I read your msgs. But I didn't do enough.
i had a dr.appointment this morning and when I got back I didn't go straight back to Yeshivah like I should have. Lead down a path and here I am after falling.
Not sure what I am going to do next. 
I got farther then I execpted to... 

Please focus on this line   "I got farther then I execpted to... "

"Not sure what I am going to do next." 
If I may suggest, the next thing you should do is celebrate the clean days. You deserve it!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Nothing to lose - update 14 13 Feb 2024 13:50 #408621

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I had another fall today I think I am going to take a break from posting on here for a bit I will be back.
open to hear peoples advice. 
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose 13 Feb 2024 16:54 #408629

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 332 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You may need to fortify your strategy and you may also need to reach out to people privately. Have you realized the situations, thoughts and emotions that precede your falls? Do you see a pattern? Are you addressing it? Also, are you taking the Flight to Freedom course and reading The Battle of the Generation? If you are doing all of the above it might keep you afloat until you return to the forum.

I left the forum for a few months because I was addicted to it. I found it very useful to journal instead of posting and share my journal with my psychologist until I was able to return to the forum but it was only because I also had people from GYE who reached out to me occasionally that I succeeded. If you reach out to people very often privately you might not have anything more than that to gain from journaling.
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2024 19:09 by yitzchokm.

Re: Nothing to lose 13 Feb 2024 19:31 #408634

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I am still talking to people privately and I journal. 
I haven't been doing the f2f program as much as I would like to be.
trying to read the battle of generation at night when I have time off at work...
Just want to sort myself out take a bit of time to reflect before I start again.. I might mess with some filter settings... I'll see.
I'll still he on here.

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose 13 Feb 2024 22:55 #408637

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
If you are still falling from YouTube it is a great idea to change the filter settings. Life is generally much better, easier and healthier without it. Wising you Hatzlacha on your journey.

Re: Nothing to lose 14 Feb 2024 12:24 #408654

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First thing is celebrate your 19 days... Secondly, tighten up the safety of your environment... 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Nothing to lose - update 15 15 Feb 2024 17:24 #408714

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 2, I am continuing.
Still deciding how I am fortifying. 

Re: Nothing to lose - update 15 16 Feb 2024 13:08 #408770

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Almost didn't want to post about it but I had another fall today. 

Re: Nothing to lose - update 15 16 Feb 2024 14:44 #408774

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 16 Feb 2024 13:08:
Almost didn't want to post about it but I had another fall today. 

You deserve a compliment for the courage to post about the fall. 
Do you have a plan going forward? 
You might want to use the attached form to help you create a plan that can help you with recovery. 
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Nothing to lose - update 16 17 Feb 2024 21:13 #408790

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I was clean over shabbos I'll look into it tomorrow I can feel I am struggling a lot more now without the momentum 

I also feel like it's a good idea to keep doing the F2F program however its so much information and strategies at once i dont feel like i have the time or its practical to fill out all these charts...
I am not sure if I shoushould continue or just watch it through and just do some of the exercises...

Last Edit: 17 Feb 2024 21:18 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 16 18 Feb 2024 04:25 #408800

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 17 Feb 2024 21:13:
I was clean over shabbos I'll look into it tomorrow I can feel I am struggling a lot more now without the momentum 

I also feel like it's a good idea to keep doing the F2F program however its so much information and strategies at once i dont feel like i have the time or its practical to fill out all these charts...
I am not sure if I shoushould continue or just watch it through and just do some of the exercises...

I suggest that you go very slowly and do every exercise. The goal is change. This happens only through taking all the intermediary steps without skipping anything. If you just skid through the program you will be lacking the internal change necessary in order to heal. You will be making a siyum on the program but not on your struggles. If you can, I suggest that you even take notes and summarize every point in every lesson but definitely don't skip anything. Take your time and make yourself a schedule of going through only a few lessons a week if necessary. It will take you slightly longer to reach your goal but you will be standing on solid ground.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 16 18 Feb 2024 06:55 #408809

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay then I think I will stick to finishing the book I am a 4th of the way through it and then I'll focus on the f2f program after.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 17 18 Feb 2024 23:01 #408835

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 2 A3 Proud of myself took the day off for a friend's wedding stayed clean through out the day kept myself busy and mostly productive and I was also careful with where I looked at the wedding. 
also did some hisupodeduce and read a chapter of the book today.

Last Edit: 18 Feb 2024 23:03 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 18 19 Feb 2024 19:09 #408869

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 3: Continuing the success I had a good day today, kept busy.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 18 20 Feb 2024 01:39 #408878

notezy wrote on 19 Feb 2024 19:09:
Day 3: Continuing the success I had a good day today, kept busy.

Way to go, notezy!
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes