Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My journey 707 Views

My journey 26 Mar 2023 12:35 #393895

• iffalldowngetup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone,

Thank you hashem I made it to 77 days, just wanted to say what helped me out. I committed for 10 minutes ever single night no matter what time it is im going to be on GYE website. Its the consistency that kept me going. I also made a deal with myself that if I act out I'm going to have to give 250 to tzedakah unless I first go on Gye website for 15 min, and this was a game changer for me.
"If we didn't have to face any challenges than we wouldn't be any better than a rock"

Re: My journey 26 Mar 2023 13:27 #393896

• eccentriccomposer
  • Current streak: 299 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow, amazing! Hatzlacha Rabba!
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Email: eccentriccomposer01@gmail.com

Eccentric Trip to Freedom
Daily Dose

Re: My journey 26 Mar 2023 16:14 #393902

Wow!! Great idea!
I see it on myself, this holy site GYE is a life saver! There’s so much to learn about!
Keep it up!
Trying the best!

Trying The Best! You'll become the best!

I can be reached at 1tryingthebest@gmail.com, 929-500-1185 (google voice number)

Re: My journey 26 Mar 2023 18:34 #393910

• eerie
  • Current streak: 766 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautiful! Welcome, you are inspiring u all so keep posting and sharing! Keep soaring, my friend! It is so nice to see the strategies, the thinking ahead. Hatzlacha!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com
Last Edit: 26 Mar 2023 18:35 by eerie.

Re: My journey 26 Mar 2023 18:53 #393912

• excellence
  • Current streak: 57 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow!! incredible!! GYE users will be on the front line to greet Moshiach. Now that you have made it to 77 you can make it to 177 then 1077 and further.......

Just one thought: Many times when I reached a milestone I became too comfortable and let my guard down which led to a fall...... so keep up the consistency and viligance!!

חזק ואמץ  

Re: My journey 26 Mar 2023 19:02 #393916

• iffalldowngetup
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, 100 percent I try to focus more on just keeping on fighting than the streak.
"If we didn't have to face any challenges than we wouldn't be any better than a rock"

Re: My journey 29 May 2023 03:39 #396320

• iffalldowngetup
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone, its been quite some time since I last posted. I made it past 90 days, but unfortunately had a couple of falls since then and now. I haven't had a streak for longer than a week or 2 since the initial fall. But I'm continuing the fight hoping for long term freedom.

Re: My journey 29 May 2023 10:06 #396325

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
My friend stay strong you can do it! you have the strength don't give up, we are here for you, to see and celebrate your successes and to empathize when its tough.
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” (thomas Edison)
Long term freedom will come one day, but now make it day by day.

And here my humble advice: Don't only post when you fall or having a tough time, post after a good day as well, celebrating and getting some compliments from others while the good moments of victory will add to some more desire and ambition to stay focused and not let yourself fall.
Reach out to some friend here when its hard, there's always some special people here willing to help.

Wishing you to continue your journey to freedom.
True self
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: My journey 29 May 2023 13:17 #396336

• eccentriccomposer
  • Current streak: 299 days
  • Gold Boarder
true_self wrote on 29 May 2023 10:06:
And here my humble advice: Don't only post when you fall or having a tough time, post after a good day as well, celebrating and getting some compliments from others while the good moments of victory will add to some more desire and ambition to stay focused and not let yourself fall.
Reach out to some friend here when its hard, there's always some special people here willing to help.

Totally agree with this part, don't only post when you struggle, post when you feel like you're doing well, it will keep you upbeat for when a challenge does come your way! 
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Email: eccentriccomposer01@gmail.com

Eccentric Trip to Freedom
Daily Dose

Re: My journey 31 May 2023 08:41 #396558

• excellence
  • Current streak: 57 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iffalldowngetup wrote on 29 May 2023 03:39:
Hi everyone, its been quite some time since I last posted. I made it past 90 days, but unfortunately had a couple of falls since then and now. I haven't had a streak for longer than a week or 2 since the initial fall. But I'm continuing the fight hoping for long term freedom.

have you thought about getting a partner?

Re: My journey 15 Oct 2023 08:00 #402257

• iffalldowngetup
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone, It's been a while since I last posted. I think I'm going to take everyones advice and start posting more often. To sum up my journey I completed the 90 days a while back, and the past couple of months have been on and off. I couldn't make a streak longer than a week or 2. Then unfortunately a couple of days ago an ad for a website popped up and I by "mistake" clicked on it and for some reason my filter didn't block it. I don't want to trigger anyone so not going to disclose it, but I reached a new low for myself and visited site a couple of times each time saying I'm never going to do this again. I'm working on getting the website blocked. I'm writing this right after a fall, I'm determined to make a comeback and do over 90 days clean, I'm using this chat as an accountability. I'm going to bl"n give $250 to tzedaka if I fall again without first spending 15 minutes on gye etc. Thanks for reading, I appreciate feedback.
Hashem please help me.
Last Edit: 15 Oct 2023 08:17 by iffalldowngetup.

Re: My journey 16 Oct 2023 00:14 #402310

• iffalldowngetup
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone,

Today is day 1 of the fight, in the morning it was a little difficult to keep my mind clean after the fall, but otherwise the day went by smooth.

Usually when I start a new streak after a fall I don't feel like I'm a fighter until I'm couple of days clean, but this time I was thinking that as soon as I say I'm going to keep fighting after a fall, I'm in the same boat as before. Its just like when I'm building something and I lose a screw, I don't lose the whole project. 

The past couple of attempts I was focusing mainly on setting roadblocks, blocking youtube, all socialmedia etc. but I'm realizing now I need to focus more on having proper thoughts on the fight as your never going to be able to fully shield yourself. What are your guys thoughts on this. 

All the best
Last Edit: 16 Oct 2023 00:15 by iffalldowngetup.

Re: My journey 17 Oct 2023 03:57 #402371

• iffalldowngetup
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone,

Today is 2 days clean b"h, so far it's been an easy fight. I was thinking the yetzar hara is just keeping quiet waiting for me to let my guard down, Im not going to let that happen. We must remember never to let our guard down, it's a never ending battle. 

Re: My journey 18 Oct 2023 18:10 #402457

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So true! You are doing a fantastic job dear! Keep climbing!
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: My journey 23 Oct 2023 02:53 #402669

• iffalldowngetup
  • Fresh Boarder
One week clean
Today was a little struggle, but we pulled through with hashems help. It was a good reminder that you have to pull back at the earliest point otherwise it's going to get nearly impossible to fight, it's just like a vacuum the closer you get to it, the stronger it gets. 
Last Edit: 23 Oct 2023 03:01 by iffalldowngetup.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes