Welcome, Guest

My Journey L'chaim Tovim
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 7193 Views

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 27 Jul 2022 16:00 #384016

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
Trouble wrote on 26 Jul 2022 21:25:

Sapy wrote on 26 Jul 2022 21:10:
No way that was you trouble... I was there, just couldn't talk... 

wow! that's great! a royal flush!

seems like there was a consensus that you should order for your wife the vintage cote de boeuf, and regarding the hachanos and gartel, we also agree

I'm still traumatized from the monkey fist Monkey's fist - Wikipedia I'm going to behave...

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 27 Jul 2022 17:06 #384022

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
connected wrote on 27 Jul 2022 14:52:

Lchaim Tovim wrote on 27 Jul 2022 13:47:

No problems whatsoever with the waitress 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Hmm... a guy won't work for me. He'd (I'd) probably be even worse.

Same here...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 27 Jul 2022 17:26 #384025

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 27 Jul 2022 13:22:

Sapy wrote on 26 Jul 2022 21:39:
Troub you should do this more often.

I am so bummed out that I missed this! I hope Trouble does another one so I can join.

I'm in. How's about once a week?  Trouble, what you say?

i'm game for once a week.

jules on the deck -  +674 557 0147
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 27 Jul 2022 20:36 #384031

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 27 Jul 2022 17:26:

I am so bummed out that I missed this! I hope Trouble does another one so I can join.

bartender told me that three pervs from east coast americas called asking for trouble

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 27 Jul 2022 20:45 #384032

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Trouble wrote on 27 Jul 2022 20:36:

Trouble wrote on 27 Jul 2022 17:26:

bartender told me that three pervs from east coast americas called asking for trouble

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 14:54 #384052

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
had a party the other night with a bunch of chevra. All mainstream former yeshiva now working guys.

All had browsers on their phones, various apps that I don't have, didn't seem to be any filters (or at least not much filtering)

Give me any of their phones and I'm finished, 

Left the night feeling am I just screwed up? What's wrong with me? how does everyone else function?
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2022 14:54 by lchaim tovim.

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 15:22 #384053

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 28 Jul 2022 14:54:
had a party the other night with a bunch of chevra. All mainstream former yeshiva now working guys.

All had browsers on their phones, various apps that I don't have, didn't seem to be any filters (or at least not much filtering)

Left the night feeling am I just screwed up? What's wrong with me? how does everyone else function?

Totally relate to these feelings, step one tells me that yeah, I am different than most people, thank God that today I've accepted it and I'm okay with it (most of the times).
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 15:32 #384054

Here's how they function: The same way I functioned till three months ago.
Although looking back, I wouldn't call that functioning.
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 16:58 #384056

• Avrohom
  • Current streak: 135 days
  • Expert Boarder
connected wrote on 28 Jul 2022 15:32:

Here's how they function: The same way I functioned till three months ago.
Although looking back, I wouldn't call that functioning.

Agreed. We can't know for sure - but I imagine, and based on the many snippets of conversation with guys over the years, that a large percentage of frum guys with unfiltered phones struggle - or maybe just view it as part of normal life. Nothing to be jealous of!
אין הדבר תלוי אלא בי
אלמלא הקב"ה עוזרו לא יכול לו
זרע אברהם אוהבי

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 18:48 #384063

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you YFM, Connected and Avrohom.

It's not so much that I really care about how they could do it and not me. I think it's more the confusion I feel. ​I'll try to express the mumble jumble in my mind but I'm not sure how coherent it will be.

I took off my browser and filtered everything as those were obvious things that I had to do. I guess the question is regarding everything else-trying to put filters all over my life (taking off my glasses for example). Why am I being so extreme in all these areas? It's because I feel that I am powerless over lust and I can't do what's "normal". I can't have access to these things and I have to be in fighting mode so that when temptation arises, I will be successful.

Or not..

Is all my obsessive prep that I am doing consuming me? Is it causing me to think about situations of lust all day? Am I burning myself out? Am I ready to do this for the rest of my life? What will I do when faced with a challenge I did not prepare for?

But if I don't, how will I overcome temptation staring me in the face? What will I do when I am in a situation that I failed a thousand times before?

Am I supposed to give  up  living  like everyone else and having  all these things or am I supposed to give up living life like it's one big battlefield but then what do I do?

I don't know if this makes any sense but...

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 19:10 #384067

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 28 Jul 2022 18:48:
Thank you YFM, Connected and Avrohom.

It's not so much that I really care about how they could do it and not me. I think it's more the confusion I feel. ​I'll try to express the mumble jumble in my mind but I'm not sure how coherent it will be.

I took off my browser and filtered everything as those were obvious things that I had to do. I guess the question is regarding everything else-trying to put filters all over my life (taking off my glasses for example). Why am I being so extreme in all these areas? this question doesn't seem to be addressed to us. It's because I feel that I am powerless over lust and I can't do what's "normal". I can't have access to these things and I have to be in fighting mode so that when temptation arises, I will be successful.

Or not.. is this a question?

Is all my obsessive prep that I am doing consuming me? yes. Is it causing me to think about situations of lust all day? yes. Am I burning myself out? not necessarily; it depends upon the future. Am I ready to do this for the rest of my life? only you can answer this accurately, but my hunch is no. What will I do when faced with a challenge I did not prepare for? again, only you can answer this, and this one - even you can't provide a definite answer. my hunch says that in the near future, you will succeed, longer term, i'm not sure.

But if I don't, don't what? how will I overcome temptation staring me in the face? What will I do when I am in a situation that I failed a thousand times before? are you forgetting all about your past successes?

Am I supposed to give  up  living  like everyone else and having  all these things no or am I supposed to give up living life like it's one big battlefield i'm confused on the grammar but then if what happens? what do I do?

I don't know if this makes any sense but...

there are too many questions to give just one answer, so please see replies above in bold and red.
after your next response, i am hoping i can give one clear answer (just because it may be clear does not mean that it's right).

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 19:19 #384068

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Thanx. I guess it was mumble jumble.

I guess my questions are...

If I'm not in fighting mode, how do I fight when temptation comes up? I'm gonna get sucker punched if I let my defense down.

If I've fallen with something so many times in the past, how can I possibly have it (like whatsapp for example) or keep my glasses on etc?
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2022 19:20 by lchaim tovim.

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 20:08 #384069

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 28 Jul 2022 19:19:

If I'm not in fighting mode, how do I fight when temptation comes up? I'm gonna get sucker punched if I let my defense down.

If I've fallen with something so many times in the past, how can I possibly have it (like whatsapp for example) or keep my glasses on etc?

i dislike the word 'fighting,' but the purpose of the 'fight' is to change how your insides work; that will either result in not having temptation at all or being tempted and overcoming even though you are not on the battlefield any longer. and it is for that very reason why eventually you may be able to use whatsapp and you may be able to walk into jules on the deck with your glasses on.

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 20:53 #384072

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
Had similar thoughts; powerlessness and fighting can't coexist, if you admit powerlessness that means you accept the fact that you're different than most people who aren't powerless, so while they CAN fight it if they choose to, people who are powerless CANNOT fight it off, period.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow my friend, I'm too sick to have had any other choice.
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2022 20:54 by YidFromMonsey.

Re: My Journey L'chaim Tovim 28 Jul 2022 20:58 #384073

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 28 Jul 2022 20:08:

Lchaim Tovim wrote on 28 Jul 2022 19:19:

i dislike the word 'fighting,' but the purpose of the 'fight' is to change how your insides work; that will either result in not having temptation at all or being tempted and overcoming even though you are not on the battlefield any longer. and it is for that very reason why eventually you may be able to use whatsapp and you may be able to walk into jules on the deck with your glasses on.

Once you have defined boundaries ingrained that you will not cross it may be possible to use the parts of WhatsApp  that you deem appropriate.  You should be able to walk in the street on a summer day without panicking.  It is not about letting your guard down it is about  gaining clarity about what you will and will not do and learning how to safeguard those commitments and values.  Once you have that confidence and are not in crisis you can decide what is appropriate for you b
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes