Welcome, Guest

Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey.
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 11235 Views

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 13 Jan 2022 12:05 #375871

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Human being wrote on 12 Jan 2022 18:20:

For the first time in years the battle only lasted 5 min before I fell asleep without messing up. Usually its an hour long battle where I end up giving up out of exasperation because I tell myself " I'm going to end up giving up either way, I might as well give up now and not lose out so much sleep" 

​Last night I told myself right away  "I will NOT end up giving up at the end of this fight. I don't do this anymore". Right after I told myself that my urges subsided and I fell asleep. 

​Thank you Hashem I love you!!

The yetzer hara feeds us the big fat lie that we NEED this stuff. Therefore since we are going to "have to" give in eventually, just get over with it now - why suffer all that tension....  Once you realize the truth - that we simply do not need this garbage, the "game" becomes fair. We are not "overwhelmed" anymore. Hatzlacha buddy!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 13 Jan 2022 20:35 #375891

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
BH we are at 11 days my friends! Its getting closer to 15! 12...13....14....15..................16!.................................17.................................................18.......................................................................................................................90........................................................................................................................................................................................................................1000!

Friday night and Shabbos is usually hard. I hope its not a long battle. It wont be because I'm not going to give in no matter what.

I WILL NOT GIVE IN I WILL NOT GIVE IN I WILL NOT GIVE IN    I've done it already last week and will do it again this week. And the next week.(and the next)
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 13 Jan 2022 21:23 #375898

Hey tzaddik! Your an inspiration! Keep going! 
keep in mind, fights are much harder when you know it’s an option.. if phone sex didn’t exist it would be much easier… there’s ways to make it considered not an option! Let me know if this seems something your interested in.. 
also keep in mind it’s helpful when you constantly remind yourself why your not interested in that game anymore... 
Here’s some successful tips on the proper mindset to make your journey successful…
1.replacement of thoughts. - the more we think about sexual stuff or even how alleviating it’ll feel to masturbate… the more we’re inclined to turn there and eventually making a much tougher battle to fight
2. Remember in the beginning it’ll be hard. Extremely hard, but remember it’ll get easier.. your constantly retraining your brain to not turn to this stuff for this relaxation. 
3. After all, doesn’t masturbating make you feel so relaxed? Less irritable? Just calmer? And less triggered? For me - Yes! Therefore our minds are so inclined to fall and get that cuz we love it, therefore it’s important to remember your spiritual feelings about it? Your ultimate goal! And why your honestly trying to stop.. 
4. Often strong intensity comes from sexual thoughts. Which leads to the need to alleviate it through masturbation… therefore reminding yourself of the proper mindset that thinking about sexual stuff is running on ice and destined to fall and go down a slide.. and what you really want is intimacy.. and that’s what will last! that can help a lot on not overthinking about sexual stuff cuz you remind yourself you’ll just end up on a slide downhill. 
5. reminding yourself that you can get the same relief for these triggers through any kosher dopamine relief like exercise… helps that you not feel too deprived and you realize you don’t want masturbation you want a simple relief and it can be received from kosher stuff.
6. Reminding yourself that longer you hold out from masturbation and sexual triggers the more stronger of a Person you’re becoming. 
7.by holding out of masturbation and sexual stuff you start dealing with your issues face to face and your no longer keep surrounding your issues with 100s of bandaids..  
much hatzlacha buddy! 
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 13 Jan 2022 21:45 #375899

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
The combination of clarity and motivation decreases the amount of willpower necessary to overcome bad habits.  Once you have acted properly for enough time, new habits will form and override your old ones. 

It takes great effort to decide to change, and even more effort to stick to that resolution for even a short time. As we know, effort is all that matters, and every instant of effort is priceless. The battle against desire is a challenging, lifelong battle, and it was not created to be easy. It is supposed to be a struggle, and the odds are strong that some battles will be lost. But by keeping his determination to fight despite the difficulty, a person can achieve the ultimate success: emerging victorious from the most intense battle ever. A person should feel proud and encouraged about every ounce of effort he has exerted. As a result, he will emerge stronger from his errors rather than losing his will to fight!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 14 Jan 2022 11:33 #375908

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
Its day 12 my lovely brothers!! ......13......14.......!!!!15!!!............90....180....365...1000!

I do have to reflect on the past also though. Its not just about the future. I have to be proud that for the past 12 days I've been pure. clean. light. -closer to hashem.

Today I feel very trapped in emptyness. Im ready for the emptyness to settle in tonight and tommarow even more intensly because thats how i feel on friday nights/shabbos. Its a feeling of lonelyness and lovelessness. of emptyness abandonment and isolation.

In the past it has led to phone sex and/or masturbation.

Unfortunately for masturbation i will not be interested in him over the weekend. I hope he leaves his jewish friends alone and instead finds a quiet corner to take a few day vacation. If he needs to talk to someone i hope he finds a non jewish friend somewhere out there to shmooze with instead of a jewish one. But im sure he will. He is a master manipulater with friends who chase him futilely the world over.
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 14 Jan 2022 12:10 #375910

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking forward iyh to your post on Sunday that you had a beautiful geshmak productive and clean Shabbos!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 14 Jan 2022 12:18 #375913

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you! Early sunday morning i will be at day 14.
%100.

I hope everyone following has a close, connected, loving and clean shabbos.

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 14 Jan 2022 17:48 #375926

You've got this! Keep up the amazing work, and good Shabbos

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 15 Jan 2022 18:35 #375932

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
And day 13 it is! Tomorrow gets me to level 4! I cant wait I'm very excited!! This is a huge accomplishment for me! 2 weeks ago I didn't imagine being here! I gatta thank all you guys big time!

​Any ideas for a celebration?

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 15 Jan 2022 21:52 #375935

• joetyh
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
go get yourself some sushi/whatever kind of food u like!!! but the most important is to look in the mirror and compliment yourself and congratulate your accomplishments!!!!!!

STAY STRONG 
feel free to contact me with chizzuk or to stam shmuz @ joestyh@gmail.com 

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 15 Jan 2022 22:58 #375937

Human being wrote on 15 Jan 2022 18:35:
And day 13 it is! Tomorrow gets me to level 4! I cant wait I'm very excited!! This is a huge accomplishment for me! 2 weeks ago I didn't imagine being here! I gatta thank all you guys big time!

​Any ideas for a celebration?

You got this buddy! Each time you post it puts a smile on my face! I love seeing your motivation! Keep it going! 
Some food for thought.. think to yourself “how can I keep this motivation and clarity going all 90 days+..?! What can I do to keep it up?” 
Wishing you a wonderful kosher week ahead! And remember, you don’t want or need to masturbate because of XYZ… rather you want sometimes to give yourself good relaxing chemicals so get it from a kosher outlet! 
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 15 Jan 2022 23:00 #375938

joetyh wrote on 15 Jan 2022 21:52:
go get yourself some sushi

Lol that’s always me! Getting the most expensive rolls special cuz I overcame these battles! Trust me it’s worth it !!

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 16 Jan 2022 08:33 #375951

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
Shtarkandemotional wrote on 15 Jan 2022 23:00:

joetyh wrote on 15 Jan 2022 21:52:
go get yourself some sushi

Lol that’s always me! Getting the most expensive rolls special cuz I overcame these battles! Trust me it’s worth it !!

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 16 Jan 2022 10:11 #375952

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
L'Chaim! Its day 14! Sushi is actually a great idea. I can eat 10 rolls of sushi.

The challenge is getting harder and harder. My next goal is just (YES JUST) 16 days away. 30 days fellows and I go on a special trip.

I do still have day 15 and day 16 and day 17 and 18 and 19 and 20 &21&22&23&24&25&26&27&28&29&30......................90......................1000

Re: Destination - 90 days, A human beings journey. 16 Jan 2022 10:12 #375953

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm a little nervous because here's when it gets less exciting and harder. I'm nervous. But i have to have the day 1 attitude of odaat.

Last Edit: 16 Jan 2022 15:18 by human being.
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes