Welcome, Guest

Work in progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Work in progress 15655 Views

Re: Work in progress 19 Oct 2023 22:52 #402540

• cordnoy
Bennyh wrote on 19 Oct 2023 21:27:

Vehkam wrote on 19 Oct 2023 19:33:

On another thread that someone posted regarding a desire for piercings and tattoos there was a comment that said

“I don't think the fact that you still desire it indicates any flaw in your relationship with Hashem I think the the person who has a desire to do something inappropriate and controls himself is closer than someone who doesn't need to overcome them.

the beauty of judaism is that we are mainly credited for things we actually struggle to overcome and although this sounds basic, most people in society don't seem to understand this”

I did not want to hijack the thread with my responses to someone other than the original poster so I am responding here instead.

I followed your lead and brought my thoughts to your thread so as not to hijack that other thread.

I think what the original poster meant (not to put words in his mouth, but this is just how I understood it), is that if all else is equal and Person A never had to struggle and Person B did have to and yet overcame that struggle, then Person B is closer to Hashem.

And I don't see how that is a controversial statement to make.

It's literally the micro actualization of why Hashem gave the Torah to humans and didn't keep it in shamayim for the malachim.  

Not controversial, just wrong.

(Without even gettin' into why Mr. A struggled in the first place.)
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Work in progress 19 Oct 2023 23:08 #402541

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 19 Oct 2023 22:52:

On another thread that someone posted regarding a desire for piercings and tattoos there was a comment that said

“I don't think the fact that you still desire it indicates any flaw in your relationship with Hashem I think the the person who has a desire to do something inappropriate and controls himself is closer than someone who doesn't need to overcome them.

the beauty of judaism is that we are mainly credited for things we actually struggle to overcome and although this sounds basic, most people in society don't seem to understand this”

I did not want to hijack the thread with my responses to someone other than the original poster so I am responding here instead.

I followed your lead and brought my thoughts to your thread so as not to hijack that other thread.

I think what the original poster meant (not to put words in his mouth, but this is just how I understood it), is that if all else is equal and Person A never had to struggle and Person B did have to and yet overcame that struggle, then Person B is closer to Hashem.

It's literally the micro actualization of why Hashem gave the Torah to humans and didn't keep it in shamayim for the malachim.  

Why is this not exactly what חז''ל said
אשרי מי שלא חטא ומי שחטא יוב וימחול לו

Chaimoigen had a very long post about this a few months ago - im a drop to lazy to look for it

Not lazy anymore - this post was too good!

May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2023 02:24 by redfaced.

Re: Work in progress 19 Oct 2023 23:51 #402542

I am the one who posted that , and that is precisely what I meant and I don't see how its controversial  or wrong.
In my opinion a foundational part of judaism is the struggle and effort to rise above the temptations and flaws that we have been given.The thing that the differentiates us humans from animals is the ability to override our biological wants and temptations, which is what the whole concept of bechira which means that what makes us special is the ability to choose, even though we do have temptations just like animals we don't need to act on them like animals do.
Last Edit: 19 Oct 2023 23:52 by ih987654321.

Re: Work in progress 19 Oct 2023 23:54 #402543

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
We are in agreement on that. Thank you. 
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Work in progress 20 Oct 2023 01:50 #402547

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 19 Oct 2023 23:08:

cordnoy wrote on 19 Oct 2023 22:52:

Why is this not exactly what חז''ל said
אשרי מי שלא חטא ומי שחטא יוב וימחול לו

Chaimoigen had a very long post about this a few months ago - im a drop to lazy to look for it

Not lazy anymore - this post was too good

See Maharsha there- this line in the gemara is talking about people who sinned and did not do teshuva vs people who did not sin.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Work in progress 20 Oct 2023 01:52 #402548

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 20 Oct 2023 02:01 #402550

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder
So nice to have everyone posting in my thread!  This was a good chazara.   Going to sleep now. Have a wonderful night.  
vehkam7@gmail.com

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Work in progress 02 Nov 2023 00:56 #403133

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder

I told my wife during supper tonight that today is my birthday.  She looked at me perplexed as she knows quite well that I was born in June.  Within a moment the perplexed look was gone and she hypothesized, today is the day that you decided to become clean? I confirmed.  She said, let’s go out for dessert to celebrate!

It is two years to the day since I committed to find clarity and to live the life that I truly want for myself.  When I made that decision, I had no idea if I could be successful.  But I decided to try.  I can truly say that hashem gave me a gift.

Up until that point my struggles had me falling deeper and deeper into a never ending rabbit hole of promiscuity.  Anything I tried to break that pattern was short-lived.  I felt doomed to living out my life with two separate identities and no place at all in the world to come.  The pain of this contradiction was soothed only throwing by myself further into a world of lust and pleasure seeking.

Two years ago, all of this changed.  With hashem’s help I was motivated to make real changes. Changes that would impact my inner self.  With tremendous siyaata dshmaya, I found the tools needed.  The books to read, the people to speak to and the  activities to keep me busy.  I documented most of it in my thread so that I can go back and read it.  For the first few months I kept looking over my shoulder wondering when the motivation would wear off.  B”H it never did.  Slowly but surely I developed a confidence in myself.  Not complacency, I still work on this every day.  But there is a confidence.  I don’t expect to fall again.  I daven to hashem every day that he help me with this.  I am confident that if I continue to do my part, hashem will continue to help me.

When I dated my wife earlier this year I told her all about my past.  It was a lot for her to digest.  I told her that if she allows me the time she will come to know that I am the person that I portray.  She gave me the time.  She recognizes that so much of who I am came about specifically because of my struggles and my work to break free.  She is incredibly proud of me.  I am so lucky.  I don’t have to keep any secrets.  I can read my posts to her.

I am incredibly grateful to the rbs’o for the life that I am living. It is truly a new life.  To the outside world I appear happier and more confident but inside it is so much more than that.

I hope that my writing can continue to inspire others.  Much of it was written with tears streaming down my face.  (I remember after one post that my eyes hurt for the next two days!  I am no longer as emotional but I am just as grateful.)  Over the past two years I have been fortunate to talk to many and meet some of the people on these boards.  We are a special group.  It is an affiliation that I will always be proud of.

So happy second birthday to the new me and heartfelt brachos to all of you for continued siyaata d’shmaya in all of your efforts and may we each continue to help each other to live a life of kedusha.

Best wishes always

vehkam

vehkam7@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 02 Nov 2023 01:19 #403134

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel Tov!!! 
may you have many more years of continuing to inspire and be inspired! 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: Work in progress 02 Nov 2023 03:32 #403139

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy birthday buddy. Next year iyh a chalaka in Meron!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Work in progress 02 Nov 2023 03:49 #403141

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy Birthday, to the one and only Vehkam.

Your story, and your words are forever etched in the hearts of all those who have read it and been inspired by you.

I, and many others are fortunate to have gotten to know you, either in person or through your writings.

The message of your story is resoundingly clear!

Yes, Anything, ANYTHING, is possible!!!!!!

keep on sharing!!

Re: Work in progress 02 Nov 2023 19:19 #403198

• iwannalivereal
  • Current streak: 342 days
  • Expert Boarder
Although I did just hang up the phone after calling Vehkam to wish him Mazel Tov, I also wanted to add my wishes here!
To me, Vehkam is not just a lesson in knowing that anything is possible. To me Vehkam is a living example of how to properly channel our struggles to reach greatness. It's not every day that I have the opportunity to have a shaychus to a Gadol, but since I've met Vehkam I now have that opportunity. Seeing his face and hearing his voice always gives me such inspiration as his kedusha and gishmak shines out so bright and clear. Thank you for always having time and patience for me, for meeting with me, talking on the phone and of course all the texts back and forth.

Much continued hatzlacha and keep racking up all those zchusim of people who have changed because of you!
Feel free to say hi! iwannalivereal@gmail.com
Check out my story here!

Re: Work in progress 02 Nov 2023 20:46 #403207

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
What birthday present could possibly do justice? But ill share with you that im gaining a lot from the battle of the generation that you sent me. And im hoping to buy one for my rosh yeshiva so he can give it to whoever might need it. Happy birthday!!!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: Work in progress 02 Nov 2023 22:58 #403211

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Your birthday, Vehkam, has birthed a thousand hopes and new beginnings.

From the very day that you wrote to me “There are many doors open to you…”, and I went on to read your thread, my heart knew a rebirth… 

You have shown us what Teshuva MeAhava  can be, the delicate beauty it can create, the clarity it can engender. 

וכאשר זכיתה ללב טהור ורוח נכון מחדש, קיים בעצמך גם ״וחטאים אליך ישובו״… 
יה״ר תזכה לעלות עוד ועוד על במתי התורה והטהרה והקדושה, וגם להשפיע על רבים 

יה״ר שימלא השי״ת תמיד כל משאלות לבבך במידה טובה ישועה ורחמים 

מזל טוב 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 05 Nov 2023 23:32 #403276

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Vehkam! Always inspiring by sharing your real struggle and energy and willpower to change, smartly. Battle of the Generation!

I think we both started on gye the same time. I remember chatting with you back then...

Ad meah ve'Esrimim!!
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes