Welcome, Guest

looking for chizuk
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: looking for chizuk 3235 Views

Re: looking for chizuk 20 Mar 2022 05:07 #378784

• 613guard
  • Current streak: 52 days
  • Senior Boarder
Friday night was my worst and longest urge in the past 42 days since im clean
it was a combination of the unwinding from purim and a lot of stress
bh after a lot of fighting the yh 
i decided i can't do it on the day r chaim was niftar
i told myself if i still want i will do it tmrw 
and lo and behold bh i awoke today much calmer and said no way not today either
so still clean bh 
RIDE THE WAVES.
Keep Fighting because thats why you're alive! 
Never ever give up no matter how many times you fall.
If you are about to fall call someone for chizuk.
DON'T FALL,CALL.

Check out easypeasymethod.org

My thread
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375231-looking-for-chizuk

Re: looking for chizuk 20 Mar 2022 14:23 #378794

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
613guard wrote on 20 Mar 2022 05:07:
Friday night was my worst and longest urge in the past 42 days since im clean
it was a combination of the unwinding from purim and a lot of stress
bh after a lot of fighting the yh 
i decided i can't do it on the day r chaim was niftar
i told myself if i still want i will do it tmrw 
and lo and behold bh i awoke today much calmer and said no way not today either
so still clean bh 

Amazing! Reb Chaim Z"L should be a meilitz yosher for you and you should be able to keep on going strong in this battle and be successful in everything you do. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: looking for chizuk 25 Mar 2022 17:21 #379088

• 613guard
  • Senior Boarder
Upto 47 days
over halfway to 90 
bh an easier week so far 
Iyh vaiter
RIDE THE WAVES.
DON'T FALL,CALL.

My thread
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375231-looking-for-chizuk

Re: looking for chizuk 27 Mar 2022 05:09 #379119

• 613guard
  • Senior Boarder
Day 49 its crazy that i was able to make it this far 
thank you hashem
RIDE THE WAVES.
DON'T FALL,CALL.

My thread

Re: looking for chizuk 01 Apr 2022 19:50 #379479

• 613guard
  • Senior Boarder
I found a major chizuk this week in Alei shur

(Chelek rishon shaar shlishi maaracha shaini perek zayin)

"whoever stands up against the yetzer hara is a TZADIK, whoever doesn't stand up is a RASHA"

NOT  whoever wins every time

you just gotta fight the fight

RIDE THE WAVES.
DON'T FALL,CALL.

My thread

Re: looking for chizuk 03 Apr 2022 19:54 #379515

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
By the conflict between Yaakov and Eisav,  Yaakov Avinu had no choice but to wrestle with the very malach of Eisav.  As much as he tried, Eisav’s angel was unable to overcome Yaakov, lo yuchal lo. 
The question is:  “How strong is an angel?”  
The answer is that an angel has whatever strength, whatever power he needs to accomplish his task.  The angel that overturned Sodom must have had tremendous strength.  But if this is true, then why wasn’t the Tzar of Eisav able to overcome Yaakov Avinu?  Evidently, that wasn’t his task.  His task was merely to cause Yaakov Avinu to confront and fight back.  If Yaakov fights back he wins, if he gives in and surrenders, he loses.  The angel was given only the strength to cause him to fight and if he fights, not to overcome him. 

Who is the Tzar of Eisav, we know that the Tzar of Eisav is also the Yetzer Hara.  If so, then the Yetzer Hara does not have the power to defeat us, unless we don’t give it a fight.  If we surrender to him, we lose, but if we fight back we are assured, we are guaranteed to win
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 05:20 #379829

• 613guard
  • Senior Boarder
Had a wet dream last night
And now it got in my head and gave me huge taiva
almost gave in tonight 
Its not fair i was doing so good 
HELP ME
RIDE THE WAVES.
DON'T FALL,CALL.

My thread

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 06:18 #379832

This is a very common experience. Others can say more than I can, but it's understood to be a positive sign. You aren't receiving stimulus while you are awake, so your subconscious is chasing after it while asleep. I know it's not the most fun way to wake up, but you can feel positive that a change is happening in your brain for the better. These dreams will also likely settle down soon!

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 11:17 #379834

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
There has been much written on the forums about wet dreams. Ask Markz - he has the incredible ability of referencing past posts.  In summary, they are expected as one recovers due to the pleasure starving one is doing to his subconscious mind. eventually they diminish in frequency and intensity. for now ignore them and take them as a good sign, that you are not consciously feeding the beast any more.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 14:23 #379842

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 11 Apr 2022 11:17:
There has been much written on the forums about wet dreams. Ask Markz - he has the incredible ability of referencing past posts.  In summary, they are expected as one recovers due to the pleasure starving one is doing to his subconscious mind. eventually they diminish in frequency and intensity. for now ignore them and take them as a good sign, that you are not consciously feeding the beast any more.

or take them as no sign whatsoever
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 14:46 #379845

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 11 Apr 2022 14:23:

@Trouble, do you mean to say that it's better to ignore it and not to think about it so it does not register in us as anything significant? 

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 15:22 #379849

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 11 Apr 2022 14:46:

@Trouble, do you mean to say that it's better to ignore it and not to think about it so it does not register in us as anything significant? 

ignore completely as if it never happened

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 15:23 #379850

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 11 Apr 2022 15:22:

But it did happen. What's the gain of fooling ourselves?

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 15:34 #379854

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 11 Apr 2022 15:23:

Trouble wrote on 11 Apr 2022 15:22:

But it did happen. What's the gain of fooling ourselves?

many things happen in life all the time - many are insignificant - when you ignore those things, you are not fooling yourself at all - you are accepting its insignificant impact upon your life.

Re: looking for chizuk 11 Apr 2022 17:09 #379860

Trouble wrote on 11 Apr 2022 15:34:

many things happen in life all the time - many are insignificant - when you ignore those things, you are not fooling yourself at all - you are accepting its insignificant impact upon your life.

beautiful post! 
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes