Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: just do it! 4651 Views

just do it! 02 Nov 2021 15:35 #373810

• ybird
  • Current streak: 304 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hi everyone here on gye, this is yBird,

I want to post some of my struggle in my journey to 90 days clean,I'm in my low 20's with 2 children, in a Chasidic community in brooklyn,Before my chasuna i B"H didn't know of any shmutz (WHAT?!) not erection, not p**n, only holiness ty"h, but I did sometimes have lust thoughts going through my mind like imagining how to have s*x and how it would look like after my Chasuna, also I used to have wet dreams once in a while.

I married a wonderful wife and we had a wonderful marriage, but not for too long. The first 6 months after marriage we had a wonderful love life with intimacy every single day, but it all came crashing down when she got pregnant, it went from 7 times a week to once in every 7 weeks or even less! it was very hard for me, really tough but i got thru it for some time, till i discovered that i could have pleasure without having my wife involved RCH"L, also i started to watch p* on my wife's phone when she didn't see, first it was very few and far inbetween, but it got more frequently, and i sometimes i even opted in for own pleasure instead of real s*x with my wife,

After first baby things didn't get any better from wife's side, she got totally disinterested in having s*x, after a year and change she got pregnant again and now she is after her 2nd baby, and I'm reaching out to hashem to save my s*xless marriage, and myself from avairesi started GYE right before Rosh Hashana, together with the 90 day calendar but I fell a few times,

please if someone could give me some advice or chizzuk i would appreciate it very much.If you read till now please forgive me for writing such a long post
thank you.
*** READ THIS***
You may see a low number of clean days, but don't forget to add 700 days to it, YES! you're reading it well, Seven Hundred plus  amount of days
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2021 15:39 by ybird.

Re: just do it! 02 Nov 2021 16:26 #373813

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi
First of all, MAZEL TOV on your second child!
You wrote: "please forgive me for writing such a long post" ...
This is YOUR thread and you can write as long as you want (and by the way, it's not that long - compared to many others).

The purpose of this forum is to help bring to people like us: support, encouragement & connection (which is the opposite of addiction). 
​My suggestion is that you connect to someone in real life to help you navigate and grow in your struggle. Someone like "Hashem Help Me" would be a great person for your situation. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: just do it! 02 Nov 2021 17:25 #373819

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder

I work now in a male only office ty"h, i got an offer to make about double wages but in a office with no bounderies between men and women and i refused

?you think i'm on the level as yosef hatzadik

*** READ THIS***
You may see a low number of clean days, but don't forget to add 700 days to it, YES! you're reading it well, Seven Hundred plus  amount of days

Re: just do it! 02 Nov 2021 17:39 #373821

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Ybird wrote on 02 Nov 2021 17:25:

I work now in a male only office ty"h, i got an offer to make about double wages but in a office with no bounderies between men and women and i refused

?you think i'm on the level as yosef hatzadik

The Rebbi Reb Zusha once said, "Hashem does not want me to be my brother Reb Meilech, but he wants me to be the most the Zusha can be". 
Every person has his own level of yosef hatzadik that he can reach... so yes, you are the yosef hatzadik that Hashem wants you to be! 
Keep it up!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

Re: just do it! 02 Nov 2021 18:58 #373825

So sorry to hear about your sexless marriage. I just want to caution you that because of your use of p. on her phone, she may feel that she's just an outlet for you. Even if it's not true, but if she feels that way that may be the reason why she's never in the mood. I know I'm saying a cliche', but unfortunately your wife responds to what you want and think about (don't ask me how they know - they know .)

If I were you I would ask an expert here on the site to assess how bad a p&m habit you have right now, and then go after it with guns blazing before your marriage goes totally off the rails.

If you want to try in-person meetings, that can be very effective (no guarantees) and you can have fun doing it too. I bet in Brooklyn they have meetings with lots of guys who look just like you, so you can feel at home too.

It's very likely that once you're *happy* and free of p&m, ie you don't miss her any more, then she'll start missing you.

SA meetings in NYC: https://www.sanyc.org/meetings
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2021 19:01 by anonymous.lost.everything.

Re: just do it! 03 Nov 2021 14:01 #373850

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
Hi, now on day 2, 
bh I'm in good spirits, see you iyh on 88 days on day 90!
*** READ THIS***

Re: just do it! 03 Nov 2021 15:01 #373852

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi YBird and Welcome!

If you haven't yet done so, I would suggest that you get access to the Married Mens' forum. You will find many guys in similar situations as yours, and lots of helpful guidance and Chizuk to help you along.

Hatzlacha!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: just do it! 04 Nov 2021 13:49 #373900

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
day 3! now we have chazuka!
see you in 87 days!
*** READ THIS***

Re: just do it! 05 Nov 2021 14:01 #373960

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
mazel tov to day 4!, thanks you hashem for giving me the opportunity of being holy!!
*** READ THIS***

Re: just do it! 05 Nov 2021 14:51 #373965

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Ybird wrote on 05 Nov 2021 14:01:
mazel tov to day 4!, thanks you hashem for giving me the opportunity of being holy!!

Congratulations on your day 4!
You are a true example of celebrating "One Day At A Time" ... Keep it going!

Re: just do it! 05 Nov 2021 16:07 #373974

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1321 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov!

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: just do it! 08 Nov 2021 17:37 #374093

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
bh, already 1 whole week clean!!!
tyh
*** READ THIS***

Re: just do it! 10 Nov 2021 14:28 #374174

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
mazel tov, already 9 days!
*** READ THIS***

Re: just do it! 11 Nov 2021 21:23 #374201

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Ybird wrote on 10 Nov 2021 14:28:

Hi Ybird
How is day 10 going?

Re: just do it! 15 Nov 2021 16:15 #374292

• ybird
  • Gold Boarder
DavidT wrote on 11 Nov 2021 21:23:

Ybird wrote on 10 Nov 2021 14:28:

Hi Ybird
How is day 10 going?

back to day zero, achhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
*** READ THIS***
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes