Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: NEW THREAD 1983 Views

Re: NEW THREAD 16 May 2021 21:33 #368642

• thetimeisnow!
  • Current streak: 289 days
  • Senior Boarder
Two weeks Be'Ezrat Hashem

Looking to keep up my momentum. 

Keep fighting everyone, the feeling of freedom is worth it

Re: NEW THREAD 23 May 2021 20:09 #368881

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
3 weeks BH!

This time I can feel a difference, I have definitely jumped the initial hurdles, I just need to keep up the momentum!

thetimeisnow!

Re: NEW THREAD 24 May 2021 12:41 #368908

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
I love your username. Keep fighting and inspiring us!!
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: NEW THREAD 24 May 2021 15:32 #368912

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
thetimeisnow! wrote on 23 May 2021 20:09:
3 weeks BH!

This time I can feel a difference, I have definitely jumped the initial hurdles, I just need to keep up the momentum!

thetimeisnow!

Please remember that that its very normal after 20 - 30 clean days to feel weak. Most people go thru this stage.The ones that realize what's behind this, stay strong an the others fall back and then start the same cycle again.The reason is that the initial emotional excitement wares off ... now its an intellectual struggle. 

The good thing is that when you get over this bump, and you stay strong not because of feelings but because you know what's important and you want in life, things really start falling into place - big time!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: NEW THREAD 27 May 2021 03:05 #369077

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
You are right. I definitely have to pay attention to my motivation! Thank you for the inspiration

Re: NEW THREAD 30 May 2021 18:49 #369215

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
Four weeks BH!

In the next few days I will try and make a longer post detailing what has gone on in my life and what has worked for me over the past month, I realize haven't been posting that much lately and I apologize for that

Re: NEW THREAD 30 May 2021 19:49 #369219

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great job!! 
Keep it up!
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: NEW THREAD 01 Jun 2021 19:34 #369315

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
One month for the first time BH!

I've found a strategy that works very well for me and I will lay it out here.

There is as youtube video I heard about that is basically a documentary about what went on in the concentration camps of the Nazis during world war two. Here's the link to it: youtu.be/xy_xWKJubuY

It contains some very very very graphic imagery (and there is a part you need to skip over where it shows women taking showers), but I decided to watch the whole thing about a month ago at this point. My current strategy is, whenever I feel an urge coming on, to think about the scenes I saw in this documentary or watch parts of it again if I can't remember well enough. The documentary was so graphic and so terrifying that thinking about it for even 10 seconds is enough to basically wipe out my urge instantly. The pictures are scary, but they are much better than immodest pictures in my head. The documentary also has helped me develop better yirat Shamayim as it basically depicts Gehinnom on earth. On top of that, some of the people in the camps who died in these awful ways were people like Rav Wasserman, tzaddikim of their generation. If they died in such in awful way, how much more so should we be afraid of the consequences of our actions if we can't pick ourselves up and to teshuva!

The documentary really is very scary, but it has helped me a lot over the past month and I certainly would not have been able to go 30 days without watching it. Let me know if this strategy works for anyone...

thetimeisnow!
Last Edit: 01 Jun 2021 19:35 by thetimeisnow!.

Re: NEW THREAD 06 Jun 2021 05:35 #369499

• thetimeisnow!
  • Senior Boarder
5 weeks Baruch HaShem. I never thought I would make it this far. Just six months ago I could barely make it three days. Keeping pushing everyone!

Re: NEW THREAD 06 Jun 2021 14:38 #369510

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
thetimeisnow! wrote on 06 Jun 2021 05:35:
5 weeks Baruch HaShem. I never thought I would make it this far. Just six months ago I could barely make it three days. Keeping pushing everyone!

Amazing! 
Besides the direct benefit that you're gaining now, please realize that you're also inspiring so many people that are struggling. There is nothing like a role model which people can follow and say "if he can do it, I can do it too!"
Keep it up for yourself and for the sake of all of us!  
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes