Welcome, Guest

Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 555 Views

Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 15 Mar 2021 14:01 #365411

• Ripelsa
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm here for 2 weeks I was sure its impossible to get a week straight but the first fall here on gye made the distance to the next fall longer and the next fall gave me strength to keep it up for 5 days and now I'm up to 10 EVERY FALL MAKES YOU STRONGER !!!

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 15 Mar 2021 14:08 #365412

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Strong as iron wrote on 15 Mar 2021 14:01:
I'm here for 2 weeks I was sure its impossible to get a week straight but the first fall here on gye made the distance to the next fall longer and the next fall gave me strength to keep it up for 5 days and now I'm up to 10 EVERY FALL MAKES YOU STRONGER !!!

Let's keep on internalizing the letter of Rav Yitzchok Hutner, zt"l
"Seven times does the righteous one fall and get up" (Mishlei, 24:16), writes Rav Hutner, does not mean that "even after falling seven times, the righteous one manages to gets up again." What it really means is that it is only and precisely through repeated falls that a person truly achieves righteousness. The struggles – even the failures – are inherent elements of what can, with determination and perseverance, become an ultimate victory.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 22 Mar 2021 17:22 #365883

• Ripelsa
  • Fresh Boarder
I heard a good vort this Shabbos: 
In chess, the pawn is the easiest to knock down.
and there are many more pieces that are much stronger then the pawn.
But all of them keep on being the same piece during the whole game. The pawn on the other hand, if he keeps it going (after a few falls) and he reaches the other end of the board, he turns in to a queen.

The same is with us people
 we look at the malachim wow were am i look how holy they are.....
But we have to remember that they were all born malachim and they all serve the same king we serve  but no difference what they do they always stay the same.
But a man that works hard and doesn't give up the fight at the end he turns in to the queen the closest to the king...…..

​just remember the fact that you can fall is the reason you can succeed!!!!

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 22 Mar 2021 17:31 #365884

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
The notion that we must always succeed actually turns us into easy prey for our Yetzer Hara. He uses our good qualities, such as our constant yearning for perfection, and he turns it against us by trying to get us to feel down when we experience a fall! In this struggle, it is never “all or nothing”. When an army goes out to battle, do they always win? Are there never casualties? People injured? The Pasuk says: “There is no Tzadik on earth who does only good and never sins” (Koheles 7:20).

It is brought down in the sefer Menucha v'Kedusha, written by a talmid of R' Chaim Volozhiner, that even a person who sins his whole life can still be considered a Tzadik, as long as he never gives up and always continues to fight. We like to think of success in terms of results. But Hashem looks at our efforts, not at the results.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 22 Mar 2021 17:50 #365886

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 22 Mar 2021 17:31:
It is brought down in the sefer Menucha v'Kedusha, written by a talmid of R' Chaim Volozhiner, that even a person who sins his whole life can still be considered a Tzadik, as long as he never gives up and always continues to fight. We like to think of success in terms of results. But Hashem looks at our efforts, not at the results.

Where in the sefer is it? I've heard that many times just want to see it inside...

Thanks
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 23 Mar 2021 15:06 #365956

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HappyYid wrote on 22 Mar 2021 17:50:

Where in the sefer is it? I've heard that many times just want to see it inside...

Thanks

R' David are you around?
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 23 Mar 2021 15:19 #365960

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
HappyYid wrote on 23 Mar 2021 15:06:

HappyYid wrote on 22 Mar 2021 17:50:

Thanks

R' David are you around?

Yes, I reached out to the person that I got the quote from, waiting for a reply as well... 

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 06 Apr 2021 12:56 #366402

• Ripelsa
  • Fresh Boarder
I fell yesterday again after falling on choel hamoed.
I tried to get back on track but I have to do it fully no cheating 

Re: Yes we could all do it all it takes is a few falls 06 Apr 2021 15:44 #366413

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Strong as iron wrote on 06 Apr 2021 12:56:
I fell yesterday again after falling on choel hamoed.
I tried to get back on track but I have to do it fully no cheating 

In many things in life, cheating produces benefits. The cheater gains what he may have not had otherwise. In some instances, especially when it comes to lust, cheating is just shooting yourself in the leg. All it does is increases the desire tenfold and causes it to be many times harder than it can be. Every time we take a "little peek" or a "peripheral glance" it just creates more pain and makes the mountain seem that much taller.

Hang in there and fight smart! You are #strongasiron.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes