Welcome, Guest

New name, New thread, New Age
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New name, New thread, New Age 301 Views

New name, New thread, New Age 07 Mar 2021 20:14 #364911

After 3 falls in 16 hours, felt like it was time to change things up. For starters, stop posting on a thread called "Falling hard nonstop"-not very encouraging; and change the name of my profile (nobody, including me, knows what "The Sicario Warrior" means anyways). 
I WILL find a way to be more resilient and resourceful when unfiltered devices are left around. I WILL go on GYE more often, even when doing well, to keep myself strong. I WILL get to 90 days, no matter how hard the Yetzer Hara tries to stop me.
I WILL win this fight. I WILL win this fight. I WILL win this fight!
"It ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can GET hit,
and keep moving forward,
how much you can TAKE,
and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!"

Re: New name, New thread, New Age 07 Mar 2021 20:40 #364913

• DeletedUser825
  • Current streak: 109 days
  • Expert Boarder
Yayy I'm finally top comment for once lol!

Welcome Fighterwithfire! I'm here to wish you all the hatzlocha in the world with overcoming this! It sometimes seems physically and scientifically impossible to overcome and i myself have been having a lot of urges lately too (so feel free to reach out to me anytime and we can give each other chizuk).

Just a couple of tips:

1. I know for myself that i would be constantly surfing the internet for shmutz if i didnt have filters installed on my devices. Even if you don't want a filter that blocks anything, you can get one that just takes screenshots of what you look at and sends it to someone who can hold you accountable- you'd be amazed how well this works as a deterrent.
  2. Like you said, GYE is one of the best weapons we have in this battle and it pays to go on here. What's worked for me well is that everytime i have an urge to look at shmutz, I'll go on here instead (this usually results in me going on here multiple times a day).

Anyways b'hatzlacha with overcoming this formidable nisayon!
My thread: Let's get this party started

Who the heck is Benoni?

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. -Gerald Vaughan

Re: New name, New thread, New Age 07 Mar 2021 20:59 #364914

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I love your name.
Mate you will do it.
Stay connected.
possibly a way to catapult your recovery is to write your story. It will hep you formulate your thought and it will help others connect to you through similar experiences. No need to write a chapter book.   

Re: New name, New thread, New Age 09 Mar 2021 19:58 #365120

Thanks-I have already written my story (under my old name)-in fact, I think you commented on it. Here it is: guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/362124-Falling-hard-nonstop  
"It ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can GET hit,
and keep moving forward,
how much you can TAKE,
and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes