Welcome, Guest

OivedElokim-I’ll never give up
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 33531 Views

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 03 Mar 2021 01:13 #364599

• determinedtowin
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Keep it up! You're doing great!
Great that you are aware of both what helps and what doesn't. 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 03 Mar 2021 21:20 #364655

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day seven.

כל השביעין חביבין -ויקרא רבה פכ״ט,ג

Having a good day. Missed Shachris, but otherwise I’m learning and staying busy. I need to make time to celebrate my clean week. Maybe I’ll order food later...

Hatzlacha
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 05 Mar 2021 16:50 #364807

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 9

Slept in today. Have a lot of things to do today, and I’m already behind...

But I’m clean today. Thank you, Hashem!
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 07 Mar 2021 03:58 #364843

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day eleven 

Had a nice Shabbos. Hung out with friends for most of the day, plus a good few hours of learning in the morning.

Went for a 15 minute jog tonight.

Clean.

BH

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 07 Mar 2021 19:53 #364910

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Having a decent day, though I’m an emotional wreck. Probably just need to get some more sleep

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 07 Mar 2021 23:24 #364927

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Just got some good takeout food to celebrate my clean streak. It also cheered me up a bit as my mood was pretty down today. Overall was a good experience.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 07 Mar 2021 23:45 #364929

• DeletedUser825
  • Current streak: 109 days
  • Expert Boarder
OivedElokim wrote on 07 Mar 2021 23:24:
Just got some good takeout food to celebrate my clean streak. It also cheered me up a bit as my mood was pretty down today. Overall was a good experience.

Good idea. It helps to associate staying clean with a positive reward like takeout (or so I've heard). 
Kol hakavod!
My thread: Let's get this party started

Who the heck is Benoni?

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. -Gerald Vaughan

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 08 Mar 2021 15:46 #364979

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day twelve 

Slept well last night , BH. Feeling much better.
I wanted to share the following from Chabad.org by Rabbi Tzvi Freeman. He has 20 affirmations for fighting depression. I found that they were all good, but I really connected to this one. It seems to be based on Tanya Perek 31. Here it is:

I didn’t create myself. Who made this mess and why?

It could only be that a loving Creator has decided to invest in resources that anyone else would completely ignore—because He alone sees the great potential there. As for me, I need only to dig, and I will find the gold.

With such a deep investment, the payoff must be big, very big.

My current thread 
Last Edit: 08 Mar 2021 15:47 by oivedelokim.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 09 Mar 2021 23:14 #365134

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day thirteen 

Good day. No urges, and doing much better emotionally, BH. 

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 10 Mar 2021 00:56 #365141

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
OivedElokim wrote on 09 Mar 2021 23:14:
Day thirteen 

Good day. No urges, and doing much better emotionally, BH. 

Nice

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 10 Mar 2021 20:20 #365192

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day fourteen 
(Level 4)

I’m doing well today, BH. Clean. Don’t have time for a longer post now. Maybe later today.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 11 Mar 2021 03:58 #365223

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Feeling depressed lately.

Don’t feel like I was successful in Yeshiva in terms of growth or learning. I feel like I totally wasted my potential.

I know that it’s coming from my יצר הרע. I also know that I have chemical imbalances in my brain that cause depression. But it’s not going away. And it’s painful.

Anyways.
Still clean.

Good night.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 11 Mar 2021 05:19 #365225

• mount whitney
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Senior Boarder
good luck my friend wish you lots of hatzlocha

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 11 Mar 2021 22:27 #365272

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day fifteen of being clean

Having a somewhat better day today. Met a close friend and spoke a bit.

Here’s something I’m doing to cope with life: It’s of utmost importance that I communicate to others how I’m feeling and get help instead of isolating myself and living in my head. That’s something I’ve learned the hard way. So I’m going to make some phone calls today, iyh.

My current thread 
Last Edit: 11 Mar 2021 22:28 by oivedelokim.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 12 Mar 2021 05:37 #365289

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
To follow up:
Had a nice phone call with one of the chevra. Helped a lot. Thanks. You know who you are

Hopefully I’ll get a good nights sleep and I’ll have a great day tomorrow. 

GN

OivedElokim

My current thread 
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes