Welcome, Guest

OivedElokim-I’ll never give up
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 33556 Views

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 12 Sep 2021 20:45 #372378

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
After I posted last night I fell while texting with a GYE friend. I took a very drastic step to prevent future falls, one that I was very reluctant to take  but I did it nonetheless. I may elaborate on this in a future post.
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 12 Sep 2021 20:45 #372379

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell again today 
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 12 Sep 2021 20:46 #372381

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I really don’t believe I’ll make it to 90 days, even 30 days anytime soon. Very disappointed and discouraged.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 12 Sep 2021 20:51 #372382

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Feel like giving up. Gotta change the title of this thread…

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 13 Sep 2021 01:25 #372388

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Warning: In this post I will discuss a seemingly benign app that has been a big מכשול for me. Don’t want to give anybody any ideas, so proceed to open the spoiler at your own risk ⛔️  ⚠️ (Thanks @wngu for the format idea )
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

My current thread 
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2021 01:37 by oivedelokim.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 13 Sep 2021 02:07 #372390

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am profoundly impressed by you.
I as well listen to podcasts as an outlet and can imagine how hard it must be to cut it all out.
One possible eitza is to get specific apps for the podcasts u listen to.
Idk about the Jewish ones but political ones like Daily Wire (Ben Shapiro etc) etc are available.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 13 Sep 2021 03:01 #372391

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
That is a hard move - shows your commitment 
theres an app called yidpod has only Jewish podcasts, I’m not sure how good it is but definitely worth checking out .
Also Torah anytime just released their new and improved App , I found it to be way more enjoyable to use. ( when is Gye gonna do that ?)

hatzlacha!

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 14 Sep 2021 16:39 #372445

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Haven’t been having a great עשרת ימי תשובה in any regard. Sleeping in a lot, not learning much. Falling a lot. 

I took another step today and deleted an app I use to buy books on that i used to get borderline pictures and caused many falls. I now have no way of ordering books to read which was going to be my replacement outlet after podcasts. I hope that’ll help me stay clean and give me some זכותים going into יום כיפור… 

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 14 Sep 2021 16:47 #372447

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
OivedElokim wrote on 14 Sep 2021 16:39:
Haven’t been having a great עשרת ימי תשובה in any regard. Sleeping in a lot, not learning much. Falling a lot. 

I took another step today and deleted an app I use to buy books on that i used to get borderline pictures and caused many falls. I now have no way of ordering books to read which was going to be my replacement outlet after podcasts. I hope that’ll help me stay clean and give me some זכותים going into יום כיפור… 

You look at it as not having a great עשרת ימי תשובה 
Hashem looks at things differently...
He knows how hard it is for you. He cares for you. He says "my OivedElokim took another step today and deleted an app to buy books on that caused many falls! He's amazing!"
Just keep on celebrating the not so small achievements...
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 15 Sep 2021 20:02 #372494

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder

גמר חתימה טובה!

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 19 Sep 2021 01:47 #372539

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell 

My current thread 
Last Edit: 19 Sep 2021 01:48 by oivedelokim.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 19 Sep 2021 05:38 #372548

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
i-man wrote on 13 Sep 2021 03:01:
That is a hard move - shows your commitment 
theres an app called yidpod has only Jewish podcasts, I’m not sure how good it is but definitely worth checking out .
Also Torah anytime just released their new and improved App , I found it to be way more enjoyable to use. ( when is Gye gonna do that ?)

hatzlacha!

I don't understand? Deleting one app at a time? Why not tag the phone or get rid of the smart phone all together?

Just askin'
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 19 Sep 2021 06:06 #372550

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I am pretty happy with my current filter (Apple restrictions) but it’s not possible to filter apps. I don’t see how getting it TAGGED would rectify that.

As far as giving up my smartphone-I am not ready for that now, maybe sometime in the future. For now I am focusing on making sure my smartphone is completely Kosher.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 19 Sep 2021 06:57 #372553

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
OivedElokim wrote on 19 Sep 2021 06:06:
I am pretty happy with my current filter (Apple restrictions) but it’s not possible to filter apps. I don’t see how getting it TAGGED would rectify that.

As far as giving up my smartphone-I am not ready for that now, maybe sometime in the future. For now I am focusing on making sure my smartphone is completely Kosher.

I think the question was if the phone is more trouble than it's worth. This doesn't mean that you have to get rid of it right now, but the awareness can be a gamechanger. You might really need it, but you can still give it some thought.

I think "tagged" would mean getting rid of apps that can be a problem.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 19 Sep 2021 13:47 #372556

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
OivedElokim wrote on 19 Sep 2021 06:06:

Why don't you call TAG and ask them if they have any solutions that would work for you. For example, blocking certain apps. They will discuss with you what they can and can't do, and you can make sure it's something you are comfortable with that works for you. It doesn't hurt to ask.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes