Welcome, Guest

OivedElokim-I’ll never give up
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 33532 Views

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 24 Feb 2021 15:29 #364151

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear

There's a whole book of strategies. Give us a clue if you can by answering these questions
What have you tried

Why do you think those things haven't worked

Is there something you think might help you, but you are avoiding (I do that alot)

Was there a device involved and can it be ffiltered

How do you feel after you fall

Why do you feel you dont want to fall again
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection
Last Edit: 24 Feb 2021 15:34 by hakolhevel.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 25 Feb 2021 01:53 #364201

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Seems like it’s time to read through the handbook again...
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 25 Feb 2021 01:54 #364202

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Hakolhevel wrote on 24 Feb 2021 15:29:
Sorry to hear

There's a whole book of strategies. Give us a clue if you can by answering these questions
What have you tried

Why do you think those things haven't worked

Is there something you think might help you, but you are avoiding (I do that alot)

Was there a device involved and can it be ffiltered

How do you feel after you fall

Why do you feel you dont want to fall again

שאלת חכם חצי תשובה 

I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 25 Feb 2021 14:50 #364226

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear OE,
Its hard. Its tough. Falling was not on your agenda. Those thoughts and images are still lingering in your mind. The fight is now tougher than ever, but you will prevail. You will get over it and reach 90+ days IYH very soon.
I would like to give you one tip. Know your triggers. Its purim coming up. I dont know where you live, but there may be some people that are extremely machmir on dressing up when it can go over board (not tznius). Some may drink and could also make them fall. 
Please everyone know where you are going. PLan in advance what you will do.
You may go to shul and after the fast there could be a mix of men and women (not covid friendly). Guys I beg you. Plan, strategize and come up with a plan of what you will do. What happens if a women comes up to you and wants to chat.
Stay sober, stay strong, just as the yidden prevailed then we can do the same.
Just to leave you all off with something special.

****Purim is greater than maatan torah! What you may ask? You must be crazy, purim greater than maatan torah? the answer is yes. On purim they yidden accepted asher hachailu laasos, like it says in the megillah. During maatan torah hashem was kofoh alayhem har k'giggis. Hashem said if you dont accept my torah I am going to make the world like the way it was before the world was created. The yidden then did not have a choice even though they said naseh v'nishma. During the gezairah from haman, the yidden renewed their bond with Hashem. The accepted the torah and the mitzvos willingly and happily.

So guys, like Reb DavidT wrote on his forum, its a time to make kabolas hatorah and the kabolas ol malchus shamayim. let us all unite as one. We are all together in this. Let us daven and storm the heavens for ourselves, our family, GYE family and for all of achainu bais yisroel.

May we emerge strong from this year purim stronger than ever. Through this may we be zoche to the coming of the righteous moshiach NOW!!!!

​***this dvar torah is an excerpt from the maamar that the Lubvitcher Rebbe said on on parshas tzaveh 5741 and was the last maamer (discourse) that he looked over and distributed it on purim katan 5752.
Last Edit: 25 Feb 2021 14:52 by eyes.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 25 Feb 2021 22:32 #364265

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I would really like to eat now.
There’s good food all over.
It smells great.
But I won’t eat cause I’m a Jew that fasts on the days we are supposed to.

I hope to one day adapt that view in regards to acting out sexually.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 26 Feb 2021 00:05 #364269

• DeletedUser825
  • Current streak: 109 days
  • Expert Boarder
Bro frrrrr. I’m famished
My thread: Let's get this party started

Who the heck is Benoni?

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. -Gerald Vaughan

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 26 Feb 2021 19:12 #364288

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
In the Purim Mamer of 5713 the Lubavitcher Rebbe explains a profound idea regarding the choice a Jew makes when he chooses Hashem.

To put it briefly: We don’t choose Hashem cause we are forced to, either by intellectual or emotional reasons. We choose Hashem because that is what we identify with at our core, and it’s impossible to choose otherwise. That means that the essence of בחירה is not choice, but rather an expression of identity.

The relevance to Purim is that the Jews in that time brought this out in themselves through their מסירות נפש which in turn caused Hashem to reciprocate and choose them, thereby nullifying the גזרת המן.

-ד״ה על כן קראו תשי״ג, ספר המאמרים מלוקט ה׳, הערה 69

My current thread 
Last Edit: 26 Feb 2021 19:13 by oivedelokim.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 26 Feb 2021 19:15 #364289

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
In our language: We don’t choose purity only because it’s not good-toxic, in fact- for us to act out, although in the beginning that is the only possible motivation. We ultimately choose purity because essentially we are pure and holy.

ולהחליפם באומה אחרת איני יכול

My current thread 
Last Edit: 26 Feb 2021 20:11 by oivedelokim.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 28 Feb 2021 02:03 #364306

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day four.

Had a very nice Purim and Shabbos. 

Had a few moments when I felt weak a susceptible to a fall. 

But I overcame.

And here I am, clean.

I don’t remember who’s line this is, but it saved me: “The cleaner is stay, the cleaner I stay”.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 28 Feb 2021 08:26 #364317

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Just spent an hour on the phone with a GYE friend. Shared some post-Purim inspiration with each other.
Going to bed now.
Clean.
Planning on a clean day tomorrow.
So help me G-d.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 28 Feb 2021 13:49 #364325

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
OivedElokim wrote on 28 Feb 2021 02:03:
Day four.

Had a very nice Purim and Shabbos. 

Had a few moments when I felt weak a susceptible to a fall. 

But I overcame.

And here I am, clean.

Wow! You're an inspiration! I hope you're celebrating and appreciating the greatness of what you accomplished! (Don't just wait for 90 days lol. Anyway overcoming the struggle is more valuable that any number of clean days if they would be without challenge.)

don’t remember who’s line this is, but it saved me: “The cleaner is stay, the cleaner I stay”.

It's in @Starting's signature from AlexEliezer. (On a side note, some people here have some interesting and inspiring signatures. They are definitely worth reading.)
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge
Last Edit: 28 Feb 2021 13:50 by Captain.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 01 Mar 2021 01:17 #364387

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I just went for a run now.
I feel great.
Gotta make it a regular habit.
It always helps...

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 02 Mar 2021 00:31 #364485

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day five.

Traveled today. Caught myself lusting once or twice. Otherwise I’m clean.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 02 Mar 2021 02:28 #364495

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Running is great. Plus it's a great time to speak to peole
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 02 Mar 2021 22:14 #364582

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day six

Didnt get much sleep last night.
Thats not great.

Otherwise having a productive day. Learned a lot. Gonna go write down some Tosafos now.

I stay clean primarily by staying busy. And BH today I’m quite busy...
Maybe I’ll go for a short run today.

Upward and onward

My current thread 
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes