Welcome, Guest

Restarting the journey, after a plateau
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 14805 Views

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 30 Oct 2020 15:22 #356906

• excellence
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes Shabbos afternoon was and is often the hardest part of the week for me, Wishing you a smooth Shabbos.
Mazal tov on reaching this milestone of 2 weeks, we cannot fathom what Nachas ruach this is to HKBH. This Shabbos is the Parsha of nisyonos. we mustn't forget we will never be given a nisoyon if we don't have the tools/power to, with time overcome it. 
we say everyday in davening הנותן שלג כצמר, which can be translated that 'Hashem only gives snow according to how much wool there is'. meaning Hashem only tests us according to our capabilities in overcoming the Nisoyon. See how much belief he has in you.
MANY BELIEVE IN GOD, BUT NOT MANY BELIEVE THAT HE BELIVES IN US. we are his beloved children who we refer to in davening before shemone esreh as ידידים-friends of HKBH, thats how close he is with us.
Anyway have a wonderfull Shabbos from your Chaver here in Europe.
were all connected! we have common goals!
Hatzlocho rabo,
Gut Shabbos

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 30 Oct 2020 15:43 #356910

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder

My davening has improved a lot this week, I got a sefer that's helped me a lot

Which sefer? I want to try it too.

In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 31 Oct 2020 16:45 #356926

Thank you excellence, that's a very powerful idea. 
Hope you had a great shabbos from a fellow European.

Captain, the name of the Sefer is pathway to prayer, it's like a interlinear siddur for shemona esrai, wih a bit more ideas in the translation. I've also been trying to focus on shem Hashem and elokim when I say them, I think orach chaim simun hey says the cavono we should have. It's very difficult for the whole of davening, but I try to have it in mind for at least shemona esrai.

Day 15
Shavua tov, hope you all had an amazing shabbos.
Shabbos was very nice, going for a run now, and have some phone calls to make when I get back, and then a melave malka so I think I should be preoccupied tonight.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 01 Nov 2020 22:19 #356971

Day 16
Very straightforward day bH.

Update from last night. Kept myself busy on motzei, pretty much did what I said I would, and had a melave malka so that made the time pass by.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 01 Nov 2020 22:46 #356972

• excellence
  • Platinum Boarder
wishing you an easy day 17 too!

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 02 Nov 2020 22:12 #357012

Day 17
Very straightforward day again, bH. 
I'm amazed at how some days you can't keep your mind clear of urges and negative thoughts, and other days it takes almost no effort to keep them out.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 03 Nov 2020 06:42 #357036

• excellence
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking forward to you reaching day חי-18, giving you a new lease on life! 

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 03 Nov 2020 20:54 #357055

Day 18
Another straightforward day again bH. Had a few images pop into my head today, but didn't have any real urges. 
It feels boring to have nothing to share this whole week, but if being clean is boring, then I'm quite happy to be boring.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 03 Nov 2020 21:13 #357057

• excellence
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, Dont worry this the sort of news were looking to see!
Oh, How many people wish this is what they could write.
Keep going & making all of the team proud!

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 03 Nov 2020 21:15 #357058

excellence wrote on 03 Nov 2020 21:13:

Thank you excellence! I really appreciate your support!

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 04 Nov 2020 04:58 #357067

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
excellence wrote on 03 Nov 2020 21:13:

Oh, for how many years I wished I could write this

Totally agree with your observation, excellence! 

Looking to improve, just keep it short and simple. We're not looking for entertainment and news stories... 
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 04 Nov 2020 06:30 #357071

You are like a poshutir yid which sounds like a simple thing but really isn't if looked at deeply. 

Keep trucking lucky person!
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 04 Nov 2020 22:33 #357088

Day 19
Very thankful to Hashem for how this week has gone so far.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 05 Nov 2020 22:16 #357130

Day 20
Another very good day bH. Nothing really of note to mention, other than I feel I'm really starting to get into the yeshiva schedule.

I heard in a shiur today a Ramban on this week's parsha, and I thought it might be useful to share with you guys here, maybe have a look inside if you get the chance, in case I don't present it well.

The Ramban on this week's parsha כב:א, says that Hashem only tests tzadikim and not reshaim who won't listen. I see a lot of guys going through tests here, and that must only mean one thing: there's a lot of tzadikim here too.
He also mentions that Hashem doesn't need us for anything, but the nisayon is for our sake, to actualise our potential which Hashem knows we already have within us. If Hashem knows that we are capable of being matzliach, the reason we actually have to go through the nisayon is a chesed from Hashem, as we'll receive more schar for a test we actually overcome, rather than one in theory we had the potential to overcome.
Last Edit: 05 Nov 2020 22:27 by looking_to_improve.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 06 Nov 2020 04:42 #357143

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The Ramban on this week's parsha כב:א, says that Hashem only tests tzadikim and
He also mentions that Hashem doesn't need us for anything, but the nisayon is for our sake, to actualise our potential which Hashem knows we already have within us. If Hashem knows that we are capable of being matzliach, the reason we actually have to go through the nisayon is a chesed from Hashem, as we'll receive more schar for a test we actually overcome, rather than one in theory we had the potential to overcome.

Thank you for sharing!
something that always comes to mind when someone says "Hashem doesn't need us"
I think it important to remember Hashem "wants" us
also as you mentioned, one can overcome any challenge if he wants because we have the power to do so.

ו

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes