Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Freedom 5363 Views

Re: Freedom 30 Aug 2020 03:20 #354342

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 11:  Clean

Day 12: Clean

Seeing more success and less lusting however temptations are increasing tenfold. Hashem help may I merit another week.
Your best teacher for success is your last mistake

Re: Freedom 30 Aug 2020 17:04 #354369

What do you mean 'less lusting but temptation' is increasing? Do you mean the urges are coming more now?

Hang in there Meyer, We're with you.

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Freedom 30 Aug 2020 21:09 #354377

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Im Tevakshena Kakasef wrote on 30 Aug 2020 17:04:
What do you mean 'less lusting but temptation' is increasing? Do you mean the urges are coming more now?

Hang in there Meyer, We're with you.

Sorry, less need/want for lusting but increase in urges
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2020 04:48 by Meyer M..

Re: Freedom 31 Aug 2020 01:26 #354385

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 13: Clean. Making good progress

Re: Freedom 31 Aug 2020 02:06 #354388

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I just read this thread from the beginning and your determination is truly inspiring!! You are so smart for coming and posting your progress everyday, as it is so helpful to stay connected!

Do you do anything else besides using GYE to fight your urges? Learning Torah, Meditating, keeping busy? 

Keep up the great work and every day clean is another 15 steps forward!

Re: Freedom 01 Sep 2020 00:00 #354439

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 31 Aug 2020 02:06:
I just read this thread from the beginning and your determination is truly inspiring!! You are so smart for coming and posting your progress everyday, as it is so helpful to stay connected!

Do you do anything else besides using GYE to fight your urges? Learning Torah, Meditating, keeping busy? 

Learning and keeping busy is on top of my list. I am a devoted workaholic though and I don’t prefer to sit around and relax doing nothing, your mileage may vary. Staying connected and using the resources here as mentioned is also critical and it’s definitely ten times better to have an outside TRUSTED individual involved as well. 

In other news: Day 14: Clean 

Stay tuned...

Re: Freedom 02 Sep 2020 00:58 #354511

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 15: Clean! 

Time to update my first post with the log of events!

Re: Freedom 03 Sep 2020 00:41 #354538

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 16: Clean!

Still going strong, updated log, feels like yesterday that I was feeling like giving up, calling it quits and here I am. And for the sake of reminding myself when I feel down: I am happier now than when I indulged constantly. Pain still there? Sure, but I'm happier.

Re: Freedom 03 Sep 2020 03:26 #354545

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Meyer M. wrote on 01 Sep 2020 00:00:

Realestatemogul wrote on 31 Aug 2020 02:06:

Learning and keeping busy is on top of my list. I am a devoted workaholic though and I don’t prefer to sit around and relax doing nothing, your mileage may vary. Staying connected and using the resources here as mentioned is also critical and it’s definitely ten times better to have an outside TRUSTED individual involved as well. 

In other news: Day 14: Clean 

Stay tuned...

I agree that an outside party can definitely be helpful! Keep up the great work!!

Re: Freedom 06 Sep 2020 00:42 #354627

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 17: Clean

Day 18: Clean

Day 19: Clean?

Life Curveball #???: So ‘wet dreams’ are not considered falls as far as a I know but here’s the question: why now? I never had wet dreams as far as I can remember but then again maybe I didn’t have them due to M. Is this my body’s way of relieving itself since it knows I’m not going to let? (I’m not going to get into to much detail but even in the dream I wasn’t giving in without a fight...pretty proud of that since as far as I know that wouldn’t happen unless it’s ingrained in me).

I’m told I’m supposed to ignore it and move on. Can someone explain what I’m supposed to expect and what I’m supposed to do as I’m a little confused right now...

Re: Freedom 06 Sep 2020 01:06 #354629

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
When a person doesn't release the sperm then the body rids itself of it through nocturnal emissions or during any nap. It's normal and part of being a man. Nothing to worry about at all.

Re: Freedom 07 Sep 2020 01:59 #354681

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Meyer M. wrote on 06 Sep 2020 00:42:
Day 17: Clean

Day 18: Clean

Day 19: Clean?

Life Curveball #???: So ‘wet dreams’ are not considered falls as far as a I know but here’s the question: why now? I never had wet dreams as far as I can remember but then again maybe I didn’t have them due to M. Is this my body’s way of relieving itself since it knows I’m not going to let? (I’m not going to get into to much detail but even in the dream I wasn’t giving in without a fight...pretty proud of that since as far as I know that wouldn’t happen unless it’s ingrained in me).

I’m told I’m supposed to ignore it and move on. Can someone explain what I’m supposed to expect and what I’m supposed to do as I’m a little confused right now...

Alot has been written about this. Actually you get a mazel tov. When people start breaking free from all this garbage, their subconscious revolts "What happened to that great pleasure?!" So when sleeping, it takes over and causes the wet dreams. Ignore it. Eventually it gives in and quiets down.....Meanwhile take it as a good sign that your subconscious mind realizes that you do not consciously plan on ever doing this stuff again, so Mazel tov.

Disclaimer - if one is busy lusting throughout the day and then has a wet dream, he is responsible for that...what is written above is for someone that is doing a good job of keeping his eyes and mind clean as much as is possible 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Freedom 07 Sep 2020 11:21 #354694

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 20: Clean

Re: Freedom 07 Sep 2020 19:07 #354709

Keep it up Meyer!

Just a quick warning when it comes to wet dreams. I don't know about you, but often the day after a wet dream my taiva is much higher. Just something to expect, and be ready for. Either way, best to ignore them and move on.

Only beracha

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Freedom 08 Sep 2020 03:34 #354730

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Im Tevakshena Kakasef wrote on 07 Sep 2020 19:07:
Keep it up Meyer!

Just a quick warning when it comes to wet dreams. I don't know about you, but often the day after a wet dream my taiva is much higher. Just something to expect, and be ready for. Either way, best to ignore them and move on.

Only beracha

Yes. Same here, just feels like you already did it so why not continue? (like the after fall feeling but without the disgust and without the small pleasure) A more gray area than black.

Where can I read more about the Torah's perspective on 'wet dreams'? 

Day 21: Clean! 

I'm still fascinated that 3 weeks ago I was contemplating giving up for good and the strides made in those three weeks dumbfound me at times.

Mazel Tov on 150 cumulative days clean!!!
Last Edit: 08 Sep 2020 03:37 by Meyer M..
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes