Welcome, Guest

Pray for me please
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Pray for me please 5418 Views

Re: Pray for me please 09 Mar 2021 12:30 #365086

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Testero wrote on 08 Mar 2021 23:02:
Day 4. Tough and demanding one, but I'm totally clean. I feel confident and motivated, but I know from autopsy, how it all can disappear like a morning fog. I'm seriosuly considering strong filters for my mobile and did some reading in the subject. Thank you @eyes for your support and kind offer. I will remember about it.

1. It can't "disappear". Those days are yours forever.   2. For Heaven's sake, get yourself the best filter possible. Don't wait. Do you plan on having enticing treife food in your kitchen pantry and telling your kids to only choose kosher?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Pray for me please 09 Mar 2021 14:54 #365100

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 4. Tough and demanding one, but I'm totally clean. I feel confident and motivated, but I know from autopsy, how it all can disappear like a morning fog. I'm seriosuly considering strong filters for my mobile and did some reading in the subject. Thank you @eyes for your support and kind offer. I will remember about it.1. It can't "disappear". Those days are yours forever.   2. For Heaven's sake, get yourself the best filter possible. Don't wait. Do you plan on having enticing treife food in your kitchen pantry and telling your kids to only choose kosher?Dear Testero,

Its Eyes Again.

Please call techloq and ask to speak to Aaron Frand. He is a tzaddik in our generation. He understands us guys and wants to help.

​He will not leave any loopholes. call you will see good results

We are rooting for you 

Re: Pray for me please 17 Mar 2021 16:52 #365606

• testero
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
I had a fall one week ago and another one last night. I'm convinced now that I really need that strong filter ASAP. Thanks for the push, guys.
I feel stupid, beat up and frustrated, but I'm not giving up. Started day #1.

@eyes: I appreciate your help, but Techloq is for PC only and I need a filter for android mobile device. Currently I very rarely have an opportunity to fall while using PC. I found two options for android filters on this site,  but I decided to spend some time to look for a better alternative. I'd appreciate a good recommendation.

@Hashem Help Me:  

It can't "disappear". Those days are yours forever.

Wow, thanks. That's the right way to look at it.

We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.
The Fight

Re: Pray for me please 17 Mar 2021 17:41 #365607

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Testero wrote on 17 Mar 2021 16:52:
  but I decided to spend some time to look for a better alternative. I'd appreciate a good recommendation.

Have you looked into Gentech filter?

Re: Pray for me please 18 Mar 2021 23:30 #365692

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have an amazing idea for you.
it will cost less than a filter.
switch to a dumb phone. they cost about 10 bucks and you could buy it in any convenient store. just ask them for a prepaid unlocked phone.
it will be the best purchase you've ever made 

Re: Pray for me please 19 Mar 2021 14:08 #365716

• Ripelsa
  • Fresh Boarder
webchaver.org/login.php 
I never had a Filter (my boss isn't the type.) So I tried this and its awesome. It allows you every were. But sends a report of your history to someone else (I set up my wife) and additionally I set it up with the gye account that bills my card $100 for every time I view explicit content  to add yourself to the gye account when you sign up put in this code in the group box "KBA" Hatzlacha!!!!!

Re: Pray for me please 28 Mar 2021 11:46 #366124

• testero
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,

I tried to post a few times, but I had big problems with access to GYE (the site was constantly down). I managed to connect now, but only via VPN. Did you guys experience it too?

Anyway, I had another fall, but now I'm 7 days clean, which makes me really happy!

I have, again, very busy time in my life - I'm building house for my family at the moment plus it turned out that I'm in danger of loosing my job, so I'm attending lots of trainings and job interviews. This results in almost no free time, except for very late at night, after I put my kids to bed and I'm too tired to do anything. This also means I don't have possibility to wander into sin - which is a blessing of course. 

In terms of filter - thank you very much for all the ideas guys! I can't use dumb phone, because I need a smartfone capabilities to work, manage building process etc. I've spent some time looking for a proper filter and the options you suggested, but didn't come to a good conclusion (either too expensive or didn't had what I needed). I would need more time to do the research, but since I'm extremely busy right now I realized I won't be able to quickly find spare few hours for that. The problem is that I can only do that while I'm alone (either at work, where I'm very occupied lately, or after my wife goes to sleep, which is always a dangerous time to stay online).

At the same time I'm certain that I need something, so I decided that I would use a simple solution - a total internet blocker on my mobile, after 10:30-11 PM. I'm convinced that this solution would help me in 95%+ situations. I know that, because auto-turn off feature of my phone used to do exactly that in the past. Problems started when I sometimes needed my phone, or kept it on for innocent reason... and then fell.

My plan then is that I need a simple app, like parental control, which would just cut off my internet as described above. This obviously needs to be password protected and I figured one of you guys could keep the password for me, in case something unexpected happens that would require me to change that routine. I spend some time looking for the proper app, but it's not that easy to find. At the same time I feel the pressure to do this ASAP and I hope to be able to do that in next few days.

​If that plan  wouldn't work in the long run, I will have no choice but search something more sophisticated. What do you think about it? Does any of you use such android app (perhaps for your family protection) and could recommend any?

Thanks!

The Fight

Re: Pray for me please 30 Mar 2021 05:15 #366151

• DeletedUser825
  • Current streak: 109 days
  • Expert Boarder
Testero wrote on 28 Mar 2021 11:46:
Hi,

I tried to post a few times, but I had big problems with access to GYE (the site was constantly down). I managed to connect now, but only via VPN. Did you guys experience it too?

Anyway, I had another fall, but now I'm 7 days clean, which makes me really happy!

I have, again, very busy time in my life - I'm building house for my family at the moment plus it turned out that I'm in danger of loosing my job, so I'm attending lots of trainings and job interviews. This results in almost no free time, except for very late at night, after I put my kids to bed and I'm too tired to do anything. This also means I don't have possibility to wander into sin - which is a blessing of course. 

In terms of filter - thank you very much for all the ideas guys! I can't use dumb phone, because I need a smartfone capabilities to work, manage building process etc. I've spent some time looking for a proper filter and the options you suggested, but didn't come to a good conclusion (either too expensive or didn't had what I needed). I would need more time to do the research, but since I'm extremely busy right now I realized I won't be able to quickly find spare few hours for that. The problem is that I can only do that while I'm alone (either at work, where I'm very occupied lately, or after my wife goes to sleep, which is always a dangerous time to stay online).

At the same time I'm certain that I need something, so I decided that I would use a simple solution - a total internet blocker on my mobile, after 10:30-11 PM. I'm convinced that this solution would help me in 95%+ situations. I know that, because auto-turn off feature of my phone used to do exactly that in the past. Problems started when I sometimes needed my phone, or kept it on for innocent reason... and then fell.

My plan then is that I need a simple app, like parental control, which would just cut off my internet as described above. This obviously needs to be password protected and I figured one of you guys could keep the password for me, in case something unexpected happens that would require me to change that routine. I spend some time looking for the proper app, but it's not that easy to find. At the same time I feel the pressure to do this ASAP and I hope to be able to do that in next few days.

​If that plan  wouldn't work in the long run, I will have no choice but search something more sophisticated. What do you think about it? Does any of you use such android app (perhaps for your family protection) and could recommend any?

Thanks!

maybe look into qustodio- its free
My thread: Let's get this party started

Who the heck is Benoni?

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. -Gerald Vaughan

Re: Pray for me please 02 Apr 2021 16:59 #366291

• testero
  • Senior Boarder

maybe look into qustodio- its free

I've just checked it out. Looks exactly like what I need. Big thanks!
I had extremely busy and stressful time, but looking back everything seems to be going in the right direction. I found a new job (!). It's been 12 days and I'm clean (!!), which I know isn't much, but after previous long bad streak feels like a deep breath of fresh air. I had some urges of course but there are so many things happening in my life, that to be honest I didn't have time for them. I feel blessed. 
The Fight

Re: Pray for me please 09 Apr 2021 19:14 #366597

• testero
  • Senior Boarder
19 days clean! Thank G-d!

I had a slip today. It happened several hours ago, but I still feel triggered. I stumbled upon improper picture online and followed it. I stopped fairly quickly, but instantly felt the rush within me. It seems so not worth now, so pointless, so stupid.
It probably happened because, after many days, for the first time I had some alone time online. It reminds me that I need to install the filter ASAP (yeah, I still haven't done that), or else I will most likely fall soon.

I can't elaborate, because I have only few minutes to post this. Anyway - 19 days is 50% of my record clean ever! I hope I get some free time soon to install the filter before it's too late...

Praying for you guys, stay strong.
The Fight
Last Edit: 30 May 2021 12:43 by testero.

Re: Pray for me please 10 Apr 2021 18:38 #366612

• Striving Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
If you go to the local TAG Office, they will help you. They are very knowledgable in the different types of filters

Re: Pray for me please 15 Jul 2021 22:03 #370924

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Testero,
how's it going?
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Pray for me please 18 Oct 2021 21:48 #373404

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How are you holding up?

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes