Welcome, Guest

6 Days in, and never felt better!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 6 Days in, and never felt better! 296 Views

6 Days in, and never felt better! 22 Jul 2020 11:23 #352872

• climbinghigher
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
B'H i'm 6 days in, and actually feel the best iv'e felt in ages!
I realized that till now I was relying on my therapist to do the work for me, but I stopped with him last week, and realized - it's up to me now, what a great decision!
I daven every day that I can keep it up for at least 1 more day...

Re: 6 Days in, and never felt better! 22 Jul 2020 13:20 #352877

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy to hear!  That's a great way to view it. In "one more day" increments. Sometimes looking too far down the road can make us see to many potholes at once. Also, I know the world says not to look back only ahead, but in this case where you already have 6 pure shiny sparkly diamond encrusted days, look back! (maybe walk backwards so you can see it the whole time   ) Proudly and it will prove to you that of course you can do "just one more day" (for the rest of your life). Your post is mechazek everyone! Keep posting!

Re: 6 Days in, and never felt better! 23 Jul 2020 02:46 #352914

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I can't comment on dropping the therapist piece, as I don't know you. I can however say that you are right that you are the only one who can help yourself. I once was soooo down and depressed and I reached out to everyone I knew to help and for some reason nothing helped! 

I realized I had to do it all myself, and I was able to pick myself back up and B''h my life has been amazing since then. That moment really transformed my life. It definitely didn't all of a sudden become easy, but I just adjusted my attitude and realized Hashem is in charge and he just wants me to try my best and he will take care of the rest!  

Re: 6 Days in, and never felt better! 23 Jul 2020 17:54 #352952

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
So true. I don't think it's possible to make any personal change unless you decide to take over and do it. (Of course, even then it's not easy...)
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes