Welcome, Guest

Day 1 for who knows how many times
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Day 1 for who knows how many times 3353 Views

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 22 Jul 2020 12:58 #352874

We have to put as much effort as we can to be the best possible people we can be. Once in 40 days is a really solid number and something which you can pat yourself on the back for.
You think you cant cut it off totally yet, I think you dont need to worry about that right now. There was probably a time where you thought going 40 days without it is insane. And there was prob a time(long time ago lol) where you thought just walking with two feet is impossible. But you kept trying "baby steps" and eventually you were able to do it. BZH this next time will be more than 40 and eventually youll hit where you want to.
The point is to keep pounding and never stop the grind. We're rooting for you, and more importantly Hashem is rooting for you. Your Father is watching and schepping nachas from the effort your putting in and wants to help you. The results are up to him but he has a pure and crystal view of the amount of effort your putting in. Hatzlacha! 
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Battle on, and I always take advice.

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 22 Jul 2020 15:22 #352884

• Hopeless101
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
I have to phyche myself up to get started yet again.

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 22 Jul 2020 15:23 #352885

• Hopeless101
  • Senior Boarder
I viewed the profile with a regular google search. My chavrusa blocked it and I didn't know the code but I sort of hacked it. I called up the company that I had a phone issue and needed the code. The yetzer harah will knows no limits.

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 22 Jul 2020 17:37 #352890

• Jj123
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
@bitochonGYE
I found for myself that by far the hardest part of the struggle is restarting after a fall. Don't let the fact that it's hard to continue make you depressed about it. It's not easy but that's ok. 
So much easier said than done though.
You can do it if you decide to.
Hatzlacha!

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 24 Jul 2020 12:23 #352988

• Hopeless101
  • Senior Boarder
I find another part of failing. It so easy to just fail again until you start again. You say to yourself I already failed. So, after failing twice in a short time I finally got psyched up again to start once more. 

Here we go DAY 1.

Issues I need to figure out...

1) I can always hack my phone, reset it, I also have filters I can turn off on my network. I need an idea on when I get to that point what I should do.I don't have a good solution. I need like a PANIC button APP that goes out. lol
2) I find when I am busy there is not much issue. Its when I am bored I get into the most trouble. Need ideas for when I do have downtime like Sunday things to do. 
3) I don't have any ideas for seeing things that just get me started. Like I said I can be watching a clean show and if the girl is pretty...

Thanks!

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 28 Jul 2020 07:34 #353083

• Hopeless101
  • Senior Boarder
i can't seem to get going again. Having a real hard time now getting passed a day or two. I've reset a few times already since last streak. 

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 28 Jul 2020 13:05 #353085

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bitochonGYE wrote on 28 Jul 2020 07:34:
i can't seem to get going again. Having a real hard time now getting passed a day or two. I've reset a few times already since last streak. 

Forget about the past.  Keep moving forward.  The beginnings will always be hard.  There will be many ups and downs.  Have you gone through the GYE Handbook and tried out the different tools and tips?

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 28 Jul 2020 13:27 #353087

• Hopeless101
  • Senior Boarder
i have yet to find the time to read the whole thing..i scanned it over the past

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 29 Jul 2020 19:33 #353129

Hi. as R Nachman writes constantly, there is only the present. No thoughts of the past or the future. That is one of the potent tools for us to employ. 

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 07 Aug 2020 20:09 #353492

• Hopeless101
  • Senior Boarder
I cant seem to get going. I had a good run but I seem to be failing every few days. 

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 07 Aug 2020 20:53 #353494

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bitochonGYE wrote on 07 Aug 2020 20:09:
I cant seem to get going. I had a good run but I seem to be failing every few days. 

2 steps forward, 1 step back....

Is there a specific situation that keep leading you to fall?  Are there any practical steps you can take to mitigate it? 

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 07 Aug 2020 21:09 #353495

• Hopeless101
  • Senior Boarder
the triggers are bordedom, stress...its been a very few stressful weeks at work...I've been having a hard time committing to it again...also, there are just so many ways to get around the system...locking my phone wont help...I can do to an ipad, other phone, reset phone, etc..I'm at a loss what to try next. I've hit bottom again..

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 07 Aug 2020 23:06 #353500

• Hopeless101
  • Senior Boarder
Just read a brief synopsis of The battle of our generation. I found a PDF online. Got a little inspired, need to read it again. But I think I am going to try the neder idea from the book. I only read it for a few minutes but it was a good and needed read. I needed something...

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 09 Aug 2020 01:58 #353507

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Also check out The Battle of THE Generation (guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation). It's also really good. (Different styles.)
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Day 1 for who knows how many times 09 Aug 2020 03:30 #353509

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bitochonGYE wrote on 07 Aug 2020 23:06:
Just read a brief synopsis of The battle of our generation. I found a PDF online. Got a little inspired, need to read it again. But I think I am going to try the neder idea from the book. I only read it for a few minutes but it was a good and needed read. I needed something...

Do you have an accountability partner?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes