Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Day 1! 1154 Views

Re: Day 1! 26 May 2020 02:34 #350377

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 622 days
  • Platinum Boarder
welcome formywife125

For state 2, the flat state, either sleep or go for a walk.

Or force yourself to do some cleaning/tidying.

I guess that state is a mixture of tiredness and mild depression, so I recommend a positive action to change it.

Re: Day 1! 26 May 2020 02:58 #350380

• yosef10
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
@colincolin posted this on another forum, I haven't read it but it may help. Let me know what you think. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/beyond-self-destructive-behavior/201601/mindfulness-in-the-treatment-self-destructive-behavior 
"Sometimes the only Bechira we have is to ask for help"

Maybe you can gain something by following my journey... Or not, whatever works
MY Forum

Re: Day 1! 12 Jun 2020 13:19 #351105

• good1
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm with you. I am going to make today day 1, again. I've succeeded in the past for a time, a few times, but definitely late nights, movies, too much food, or visual imagery in secular pop culture plants a seed of wanting more, and the yetzer harah has fooled me to not think sometimes.

Re: Day 1! 12 Jun 2020 14:10 #351113

• BHYY
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
formywife125 wrote on 21 May 2020 04:18:

BHYY wrote on 18 May 2020 14:50:
Welcome! You're doing great already posting about your struggle.
For your first trigger I really recommend mindfulness. It will teach you that these urges are external and you have the power to say no. A chashuve member of these forums (forgive me I forget who) once said "we have no recorded deaths on account of not giving in to that urge". Feel free to reach out to me (bhyy@protonmail.com) and I can recommend some great material on frum mindfulness including audio exercise.
Welcome to the club! Hatzlocha!

Thank you! I actually am trying to practice Mindfulness, but am having a hard time detecting if it's helping.

So sorry I didn't see this response until now. Feldheim recently put out a great book on Mindfulness, it might be k'dai for you to get a copy (https://www.feldheim.com/mindfulness) I know several members here going through it, myself included. 
נאָך אַ שריפה ווערט מען רייַך - After a fire one becomes wealthy.

My email: bhyy@protonmail.com

My thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/349632-Hayom-Yom

Re: Day 1! 14 Jun 2020 14:30 #351157

Hi Yosef10- thanks for the reply! Sorry my replies arent as long and involved- I dont get much time to be on GYE. My wife cannot see me on it, and she's usually around.
I have done a full MBSR course, and lots of classes etc. I guess I am putting too much stock into meditating, and losing focus that meditating is just a means to get to mindfulness. Im also a perfectionist. So I just need soem sort of external gage to know if the effort is worth it.

Re: Day 1! 14 Jun 2020 14:32 #351158

I hear you. I just dont often have the option just to go to sleep (I have a busy schedule and kids BH). Walk and Loud Jewish Music may work. I need to try.

Re: Day 1! 14 Jun 2020 14:33 #351160

Tremendous Hatzalacha!!!!

Re: Day 1! 16 Jun 2020 01:53 #351273

• yosef10
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
formywife125 wrote on 14 Jun 2020 14:33:
Tremendous Hatzalacha!!!!

I'm happy to help, keep it up. Trust me, I need the Chizuk and advice as much as everyone else... 
Also just a random though, maybe it's a good idea if you would inculde your wife in your journey through mindfulness. Studies show those that meditate together feel a closeness in a different way. You don't really have to tell her about your struggle, just say someone suggested to you, make up a story, and say you think it could be beneficial for both of you... Especially in corona times.
Just a random idea that popped into my head, either way keep up the great work, and thanks for keeping us posted.  
"Sometimes the only Bechira we have is to ask for help"

Maybe you can gain something by following my journey... Or not, whatever works
MY Forum

Re: Day 1! 25 Jun 2020 08:34 #351784

Thank you Yosef10. You always have helpful and sweet posts. You should be blessed.
My wife knows almost EVERYTHING about my struggle. I dont know if I should publicly share my story, bc it may not be relevant for people, but I made some really bad decisions. Thank Hashem, my life is great now, but thats not because of ME. 
She hates meditation and mindfulness.. Very practical type of person. 
The dynamics of our marraige (though very good now BH,) are complicated. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes