Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Hayom Yom 17994 Views

Re: Hayom Yom 10 Mar 2021 01:50 #365150

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
BHYY wrote on 10 Mar 2021 00:18:
I have a tremendous urge now to watch and act out.
Even the knas I accepted upon myself is not enough to keep me back. I am simply not giving in now because I know I will feel absolutely horrible afterwards.

I can honestly say, that this sentiment is the main thrust behind me being in the place I am today. Always keep this in mind. It's a simple and useful CBA.

Re: Hayom Yom 10 Mar 2021 05:31 #365166

• BHYY
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
My stress levels are sky high. Very nutty situation with college but I'll spare you the details...
I need advice for ways to relax. I (for very good reasons) gave up every method of relaxation I have ever used. Well, almost every. Covid took care of the gyms for me. I don't read secular novels, I don't listen to audiobooks, I don't watch YouTube videos, I don't read secular news. I'm stuck. I have some frum books but it just doesn't help me chill. I tried some frum podcasts but also, doesn't work. Too intense. Rabbi Dr. Twersky zt"l used to read Peanuts when he was eating because he needed to chill.....hmmmmm........
I crave the rush from exercise. Unfortunately there are no separate gender gyms where I am. There's a limit to how many times I can walk up the same block...
What do you guys do when you need to really chill and relax? When you have to completely zone out and reset & restart?
נאָך אַ שריפה ווערט מען רייַך - After a fire one becomes wealthy.

My email: bhyy@protonmail.com

My thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/349632-Hayom-Yom

Re: Hayom Yom 10 Mar 2021 06:38 #365168

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
BHYY wrote on 10 Mar 2021 05:31:
My stress levels are sky high. Very nutty situation with college but I'll spare you the details...
I need advice for ways to relax. I (for very good reasons) gave up every method of relaxation I have ever used. Well, almost every. Covid took care of the gyms for me. I don't read secular novels, I don't listen to audiobooks, I don't watch YouTube videos, I don't read secular news. I'm stuck. I have some frum books but it just doesn't help me chill. I tried some frum podcasts but also, doesn't work. Too intense. Rabbi Dr. Twersky zt"l used to read Peanuts when he was eating because he needed to chill.....hmmmmm........
I crave the rush from exercise. Unfortunately there are no separate gender gyms where I am. There's a limit to how many times I can walk up the same block...
What do you guys do when you need to really chill and relax? When you have to completely zone out and reset & restart?

I'm sorta in the same spot as you.

I blocked all social media and my latest achievement I blocked youtube.

Not much to do now.

Why don't you do exercise where you are? Pushups/burpees/situps/squats?

I follow the news and listen to political podcasts.
There are tons of GYE audio here that I have yet to explore.

catching up with friends/family is a great way to use out the time.
These are some things that are helping me "chill/zone out"...it may not work for you..maybe even detrimental. It's up to everyone on there own to know what will be a step up for them or a step down.

DavidT wrote: Even with a filter, if we spend our time on non-Jewish news and entertainment websites, we’re bound to see many things we shouldn’t. And one thing leads to another. Spending time on sites like Youtube, Facebook, Instagram (or even news sites like CNN and Fox News) are risky. It’s inevitable that we’ll stumble in shmiras einayim. Once we are standing at the edge of the cliff, we are very vulnerable to falling off of it. Instead, we must stay as far away from the edge of the cliff as possible. Therefore, one of the most powerful tools in this struggle is making good fences.

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Last Edit: 10 Mar 2021 06:42 by zedj.

Re: Hayom Yom 16 Mar 2021 17:45 #365526

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
A phenomenal book was written and published by Feldheim last year about the Jewish approach to Mindfulness by an ehrliche psychologist. I highly recommend the book as it has helped me a lot. I reached out to Dr. Jonathan Feiner, the author, and he sent me the following chapter-which was especially helpful for me-to post publicly for the oilam.
Enjoy.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hayom Yom 16 Mar 2021 18:39 #365532

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Just went through your thread and wanted to tell you you are a warrior, for never giving up, I think that's the most important thing. Thanks for giving us such chizzuk! So many people stay clean for months, start falling and never come back. I am in day 0, so you're already ahead of me. I think streaks are good to monitor progress, but we shouldn't dwell on them. A person who is 10 days clean and safely adding a day at a time is infinitely better than a 1000 day person who's slipping left and right. 
We're not exactly in the same situation. You're single, I'm divorced with two kids. All I can say is, I feel the pain of loneliness now. It's unbearable, indeed. But Hashem's got our backs. I'm sure He has a great shidduch for you in line, as well as one for me I hope
All we have to do is keep moving forward, like when Moshe Rabeinu led us through Yam Suf...
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו
Last Edit: 16 Mar 2021 20:32 by Snowflake. Reason: grammar errors

Re: Hayom Yom 17 Mar 2021 21:57 #365616

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
Was up really late last night (this morning?) working on a project. That means I'm tired today. HALT (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired). Gotta be careful.
I chapped a short nap this afternoon but not enough. The fatigue and real tiredness is starting to kick in now. On top of that I have a boring class tonight. 
What am I going to do?
I just finished a geshmak chavrusashaft to give my neshama some chiyus before going to class. Other than that I'm just going to be mindful that I am tired which makes me extremely vulnerable to my urges. I have to be cognizant not to put myself in situations that can lead me to fall because being tired zaps your willpower. And I have to be nice to myself

Re: Hayom Yom 18 Mar 2021 16:11 #365664

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
How'd the rest of the day go?

Re: Hayom Yom 21 Mar 2021 02:05 #365755

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
B"H went well.
Been doing well lately B"H. ODAAT.

Re: Hayom Yom 21 Mar 2021 13:53 #365777

• Striving Avreich
  • Gold Boarder

Re: Hayom Yom 22 Mar 2021 01:57 #365852

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
A few hours short of 1 week clean and I fell.
I'm just standing here on my 6 days clean mountain enjoying the view.
This Sunday class (still) is a killer. It's hard to describe in writing but basically you can't do anything else and are forced to sit glued to your screen for an interminable lecture. Well, at least Yuntif takes care of the next two Sundays...

Re: Hayom Yom 22 Mar 2021 09:59 #365861

• Striving Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Well now you have 2 weeks taken care of for this massive trigger. Three weeks ahead. You can do it!
What is the plan for the next 3 weeks?

Re: Hayom Yom 24 Mar 2021 19:52 #366038

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder

"Grant400" post=360195 date=1609366117 catid=19

Here's my take. I hope you don't hate me. I just simply care.

I wish I can lunge through your screen and grab you by the neck and shake you good and hard until you wake up. Your on GYE already for a while, quite a number of years. You are definitely super intelligent. You already know all the tricks and methods, all the insights and every idea that has been dissected to death on this forum. Yet you're still coming with excuses.  "I feel this way" and "I feel that way" and "I have to this" and "I have to that"...

WHY?!?!? Haven't you already seen the truth a million times? What more are you waiting for? Magic? One more idea that will transform everything for you? Another few years of reading endless posts?

My friend, do you want to look back in another 10 or 20 years and still be clicking thank yous on posts that "resonate"? Do you plan on still searching for "that" something forever?

You already have a toolbox full of equipment, now its time for to use them. It's time to tear yourself out of all this c**p! This disgusting filth!

No more feelings, or "ways I feel " or whatever excuse you can use to tame your guilt or your brain that is looking at you with horror. No more dissecting why you search for this specific naked person over a different kind of animal.

Just do. Accomplish. Change. Be a man you can look at in the mirror in 20 years. It's hard and brutal and torturous, but so is the status quo.

Numb, shmumb, Lionking.....Start on your path to sanity!

Please don't hate me, because I love you! Remember, I'm writing a story that takes alot of time and energy, just to get you to post...also you are really good looking...my,have you been going to the gym lately?

A now in hiding Grant

P.S. Assasination isn't necessary. Just negative my karma.

Cross-posting here what I saw earlier today. So strong. So powerful.
Thank you for the shake-up. Otherwise I would have fallen.
Thank you General, and lionking for bringing it up again.

Re: Hayom Yom 25 Mar 2021 03:33 #366065

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
What a day. My exams (for now at least) are done! Time for the Yom Tov of Cheirus!
Stressful day, murderous test plus a boring lecture on top of it, but I am clean!

Re: Hayom Yom 25 Mar 2021 03:36 #366066

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great to hear!
Now time to keep busy with pesach cleaning

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: Hayom Yom 25 Mar 2021 03:41 #366067

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
Zedj wrote on 25 Mar 2021 03:36:
Great to hear!
Now time to keep busy with pesach cleaning

Yup! Gotta tackle the cars. Wow...leil bedika already...

Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes