Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Fresh thoughts 12504 Views

Re: Fresh thoughts 17 May 2020 02:27 #349808

• BHYY
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I feel you @Ihavestrength, I definitely do. They're opening the beaches...big whoopee - what am I supposed to do with that?
נאָך אַ שריפה ווערט מען רייַך - After a fire one becomes wealthy.

My email: bhyy@protonmail.com

My thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/349632-Hayom-Yom

Re: Fresh thoughts 17 May 2020 03:59 #349813

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
BHYY wrote on 17 May 2020 02:27:
I feel you @Ihavestrength, I definitely do. They're opening the beaches...big whoopee - what am I supposed to do with that?

I can think of many things!!!!....
Guess that's why I'm here
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Fresh thoughts 17 May 2020 05:47 #349825

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 15 May 2020 23:39:
@lionking Thank you for your thoughts. I respectfully disagree however. Calculating risk is something we do every single day. It is not kefirah or insanity to use data to inform responsible decision making. The only reason you drive a car is because you know that the risk of death is low (regardless of whether you know the exact statistic or not). When there is great confusion regarding levels of risk (such as with coronavirus) it is hard for people to make good choices, collectively or personally. 

12: Feeling quite depressed. I think I'm at my breaking point with the whole lockdown thing. I didn't work today. Just really couldn't. Didn't daven properly. Didn't do a whole lot of anything.

Sorry for the bad vibes. Hopefully shabbos will be nice although I'm sorta dreading it to be honest. 

Have a great shabbos!

You are totally entitled to your opinion.
NYC publishes some very thorough data at https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page also check out https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ and https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

Unfortunately, this virus has affected all ages. There were older people even 99 and over that recovered and R"L young people that haven't. We need to listen to our rabbonim and leave the anxiety out of it. (I hold the same for the Antibodies testing, we cannot rely on it to become lax in something. We must continue to be vigilant, whether that is soap washing, face masks, etc...) May Hashem protect us all.

Sorry to hear that it is making you feel depressed. Personally, I found that in the beginning, when I was following the statistics and news, I became very down and actually felt sick afterwards. Only when I stopped this habit, did I start to feel better.

Saw a good post that made me smile, figured I'll share it. See attached.

Hatzlacha Rabba
Attachments:
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com
Last Edit: 17 May 2020 05:53 by lionking. Reason: can't get image to appear only as attachment.

Re: Fresh thoughts 17 May 2020 20:16 #349862

Day 13 & 14: Was too tired to post last night, so killing two birds with one stone here. 

Feeling a bit better about things than I was a few days ago. Had a good shabbos BH. Got some learning in last night and today. Seems to be good for the neshama

Dreading working tomorrow a bit, but it should be alright. I'm going to start working out of the house consistently to get a change of scenery, which hopefully will help. Although, working by myself for many hours is really boring compared to the office environment. Anyways, enough ramblin, time to get some exercise. Peace out people and have a great rest of the day!!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Fresh thoughts 18 May 2020 05:14 #349890

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder

You're right the virus has affected a lot of people but I have spoken to several doctors here in Brooklyn and they say that its enough already and we should re-open the economy, the virus may have hurt a lot of older people and VERY VERY VERY few young people, but suicides are up, theft is up, homicides are up, and the amount of young people (under 50) actually killed by it is less than 1%, the economy is shriveled, (not to mention all the kids exposed to the dark parts of the internet now that they were locked up) and now to close things up for the foreseeable future the news is touting that kids can get it, HELLO HELLO there is something called post-viral syndrome and that can seem as thought they are sick. I do feel greatly that the state should be re-opened and the elderly  will unfortunately have to be in quarantine. Not everyone should suffer because a minority is at risk

​I think I'v rambled about my opinion enough, and this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. But I just needed to get this off my head after screaming this at everybody for the last month. Yassher Koach

Your best teacher for success is your last mistake
Last Edit: 18 May 2020 05:17 by Meyer M..

Re: Fresh thoughts 19 May 2020 03:28 #349953

Day 15: Tired as hell. Feel like I can never get anything done outside work hours. Basically I wake up, am late too work, and spend the time after work, trying to do things to keep me sane. I want to have more energy and time.

Not sure what I'm really saying, but I need to post everyday, so I can be pretty liberal with the nonsense I spout. 

Ok, that's all for me. Ok, actually one last thing. I'll let you in on something personal: my biggest trigger. My biggest trigger is the knowledge of the gap between who I am and who I'd like to be. The coup de grace of this most powerful trigger is the further knowledge that I lack the energy, time, or skills to bridge the gap. Crap, not a fun place to be. Good thing there is always bed. 

Have a good night people! Peace out and don't eat too much ice cream!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

Re: Fresh thoughts 19 May 2020 04:47 #349972

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 19 May 2020 03:28:
The coup de grace

Nice word!
Who cares who you want to be? Just focus on who Hashem wants you to be, I happen to think you're doing a fantastic job and bringing Him loads of Nachas.

Re: Fresh thoughts 19 May 2020 06:50 #349982

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I feel the same way 
But 
I realised that that that which I crave to be is not who I want to be for right now. 
Yes I wish I hadn't made those mistakes that brought me here. 
But right now I think I have to look at life in 2 regards, 
1 is who I want to be in 10, 20, 30, and 50 years from now and
2 is what I want to be in 5 minutes compared to who I am this minute 

Thanks for making me think about this
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: Fresh thoughts 20 May 2020 01:58 #350037

BHYY wrote on 19 May 2020 04:47:

Ihavestrength wrote on 19 May 2020 03:28:
The coup de grace

Nice word!
Who cares who you want to be? Just focus on who Hashem wants you to be, I happen to think you're doing a fantastic job and bringing Him loads of Nachas.

Great point brother. Thanks for reminding me  

Re: Fresh thoughts 20 May 2020 03:14 #350046

Day 16: Thank G-d another day. Not perfect in any way, but all in all OK. 

Got some very good news today BH. I'm dealing with feeling anxious quite often. Not loads of menuchas hanefesh. 

Anyways, looking forward to a great day tommorow B"H. 

Have a great night people!

Re: Fresh thoughts 20 May 2020 03:42 #350048

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Will we ever have a perfect day?

Keep on smashing it!!
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Fresh thoughts 20 May 2020 03:58 #350053

• BHYY
  • Platinum Boarder
You're doing great! Focus on living in the moment, it's a lot easier to have a perfect moment than a perfect day!

Re: Fresh thoughts 21 May 2020 03:38 #350107

Day 17: Ok, day today. Not incredible or anything, but alright. Ye, I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record. Having some technical issues related to remote working that have been the cause of some frustration.

Tomorrow is going to be a medication holiday. Why do you care? I know, sorry, I'm tired, so I'm spouting irrelevant information. In any case, that's all for me. 

Have an awesome night! Peace out people!

Re: Fresh thoughts 22 May 2020 03:23 #350183

Day 18: Another day, thank God. Didn't take my ADHD medication for the first time in a while. Day went OK. Probably felt less anxious because of it. Nervous about an upcoming date. Ok, that's all for me. Good night!

Re: Fresh thoughts 22 May 2020 23:53 #350229

Day 19: Good day today BH. That is always a nice surprise. Good shabbos everyone!

Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes