Welcome, Guest

My Clean Days Log
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Clean Days Log 16203 Views

Re: My Clean Days Log 23 Sep 2020 13:08 #355368

Day #14.

I am now going to switch to posting every other day. I have had very few urges in these two weeks. Being intentional about stopping and posting here have been great interventions.

Although I have written about this in my previous streaks, it is worth noting again. I do not have any access to stimulating materials. That is the greatest intervention.

Re: My Clean Days Log 25 Sep 2020 13:56 #355484

Day #16.

Right after I wrote that post on day #14 about having very few urges, I had an urge. I got up from my desk and got some fresh air. That helped this time. Other than that,--due to my extra measure of caution and intentionality--smooth sailing.

Re: My Clean Days Log 27 Sep 2020 11:35 #355557

Day #18.

G'mar chasimoh tovoh.

Re: My Clean Days Log 29 Sep 2020 13:30 #355604

Day #20.

Re: My Clean Days Log 01 Oct 2020 13:46 #355686

Day #22.

I wouldn't call yesterday challenging in the sense that I almost had a "fall," but I did have a lot of urges. So, in that sense, challenging.

I have written about how I am spread very thin professionally and that I work from home. Not easy to stay on top of everything and be productive all the time. Also, it is very stressful. I am very behind on some deadlines. I hope to unbury myself during Chol HaMoed or after Simchas Torah and then set up a regular schedule to easily meet all of my obligations. The main thing is that I should only be in front of the computer screen when I have to. Not the whole day. Way too may distractions. The distractions keep me from being productive and then the urges come. But, b"h, no access to stimulating materials.
Last Edit: 01 Oct 2020 13:47 by שבע יפול צדיק וקם. Reason: Clarification

Re: My Clean Days Log 05 Oct 2020 03:57 #355763

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
There are definitely alot of challenges these days, and yom tov and covid isn't the easiest duo. Wishing much success in catching up and work obligations and staying the course! 

Re: My Clean Days Log 05 Oct 2020 11:19 #355773

Day #26.

Re: My Clean Days Log 07 Oct 2020 13:19 #355865

Day #28.

Unfortunately, I am spending Chol HaMoed--a time meant for eating, drinking and learning Torah--catching up on all the work that I am behind on. Fortunately, my seven-year-old daughter is spending each day playing in my office. I am much more productive with her in the room and don't have any issues or urges. 

A gutn moed!

Re: My Clean Days Log 08 Oct 2020 06:48 #355903

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
שבע יפול צדיק וקם wrote on 07 Oct 2020 13:19:
Day #28.

Unfortunately, I am spending Chol HaMoed--a time meant for eating, drinking and learning Torah--catching up on all the work that I am behind on. Fortunately, my seven-year-old daughter is spending each day playing in my office. I am much more productive with her in the room and don't have any issues or urges. 

A gutn moed!

This is surely better then me, spending my Chol Hamoed, a time meant to catch up on all my learning, instead on eating and drinking. 

The main thing I think is to be productive, In all my years I have never felt even the faintest amount of productivity from eating and drinking, but that's just me.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2020 08:49 by wilnevergiveup.

Re: My Clean Days Log 08 Oct 2020 13:58 #355908

wilnevergiveup wrote on 08 Oct 2020 06:48:

שבע יפול צדיק וקם wrote on 07 Oct 2020 13:19:
Day #28.

A gutn moed!

This is surely better then me, spending my Chol Hamoed, a time meant to catch up on all my learning, instead on eating and drinking. 

The main thing I think is to be productive, In all my years I have never felt even the faintest amount of productivity from eating and drinking, but that's just me.

I totally agree with you, wilnevergiveup. I was just quoting the Talmud Yerushalmi. In fact, that is what the Yerushalmi says!

​אמרו בירושלמי (מועד קטן ב:ג) א"ר בא בר ממל אילו היה לי מי שיומנה עמי וכו' היתרתי שיהו עושין מלאכה בחולו של מועד וכו' כלום אסרו לעשות מלאכה בחולו של מועד אלא כדי שיהו אוכלין ושותין ויגיעין בתורה ואינון אוכלין ושתין ופחזין

Bo Bar Mamel said: If there was someone who would be appointed with me, I would permit all forms of work on Chol HaMoed. The reason they initially forbade work on Chol HaMoed was so that they could eat, drink, and learn Torah. But in reality, they are eating, drinking, and pochazin (getting drunk and sinning).
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2020 14:00 by שבע יפול צדיק וקם.

Re: My Clean Days Log 09 Oct 2020 16:09 #355947

Day #30.

Wishing everyone a good Shabbos and a good Yontif. 

Re: My Clean Days Log 12 Oct 2020 13:53 #356010

Day #33.

Re: My Clean Days Log 13 Oct 2020 15:10 #356078

Day #34.

I am struggling at the moment with a strong urge to masturbate. I have been saying "no" for about an hour now. I decided to write a quick post about it.

I pray to Hashem that the urge should not overcome me and that I should be able to report "day #35" tomorrow.

Re: My Clean Days Log 13 Oct 2020 16:42 #356084

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Tomorrow is day 35

And it's up to you to make sure

Hatzlacha 
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: My Clean Days Log 13 Oct 2020 16:48 #356085

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
שבע יפול צדיק וקם wrote on 13 Oct 2020 15:10:
Day #34.

I am struggling at the moment with a strong urge to masturbate. I have been saying "no" for about an hour now. I decided to write a quick post about it.

I pray to Hashem that the urge should not overcome me and that I should be able to report "day #35" tomorrow.

Go for a jog.  that will help break the urge.  At the very least, go out for a walk
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes