Welcome, Guest

My Clean Days Log
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Clean Days Log 16214 Views

Re: My Clean Days Log 14 May 2021 02:04 #368566

Day #7.
CCD #435 (since January 2020).

Thanks to everyone for "thanking" my posts. I have been really busy today and yesterday and staying clean was a breeze. Not so on Tuesday. That was a hard day!

I joined GYE in January 2020 and, at the time, I was out of the house at a job 3-4 days a week, the other day or two was with my other job, and Shabbos and Sunday were with my family. I had a long clean streak going and then my life (our lives) changed drastically with the first COVID lockdown in March. My schedule changed and I have basically been working from home/going to school from home since. I have very little in the way of schedule (that is going to change soon, iy"h).

Going to school online is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it is more affordable and more flexible for a working professional. On the other hand, I am in front of the computer so much more than I would like to be. If I am more on top of things, I print out materials and try to do everything with a pen and paper and then type it up afterwards. Just to say away from the screen. I use a filtered machine, but being in front of a screen with all of the distractions for so many hours is just not a good way to stay "clean."

My hope is that with a new schedule, more productivity, and less idle time in front of screen, that the struggle will be easier for me. Busy for me = היסח הדעת.

Re: My Clean Days Log 19 May 2021 02:58 #368653

Day #12
CCD #440

Re: My Clean Days Log 21 May 2021 02:06 #368766

Day #14.

Posting for accountability. There were a number of times in these two weeks where I would've been a goner had it not been for my participation in GYE and especially the challenge.

Re: My Clean Days Log 23 May 2021 03:13 #368838

Day #16.

Re: My Clean Days Log 25 May 2021 02:25 #368959

Day #18.

Re: My Clean Days Log 27 May 2021 12:06 #369089

Day #20.

Re: My Clean Days Log 30 May 2021 15:19 #369205

Day #23.

With gratitude to the Ribbono Shel Olam, I want to let everyone know that I accepted a job offer the other day. In another month I will have a schedule that forces me to get up and get out for a large part of the day. My hope is that when I actually am home, I will be much more focused on my other responsibilities and interests.

The one downside for these inyanim is that I will be carrying around a company tablet that I can't imagine will have any filtering software. I don't think that it will be an insurmountable challenge, but I recognize that it is something to think about.

Thanks everyone for reading my posts and "thanking."

Re: My Clean Days Log 30 May 2021 20:42 #369226

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Can it have Webchaver?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My Clean Days Log 30 May 2021 21:40 #369230

Hashem Help Me wrote on 30 May 2021 20:42:
Can it have Webchaver?

I'll let you know in a month, but I hear the מהלך. Even if I can't filter, I can at least have some accountability through the usage reports. I'll have to see what user permissions I have when I get the device.

Re: My Clean Days Log 31 May 2021 11:31 #369254

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Webchaver has been a successful deterrent for many guys here. Also, is it a given that it can't be filtered. Some guys who were initially told by the office that filters were not an option, have had the courage to explain to their employers that they do not want the constant nisayon, and were allowed filters.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My Clean Days Log 31 May 2021 17:41 #369269

Hashem Help Me wrote on 31 May 2021 11:31:
Webchaver has been a successful deterrent for many guys here. Also, is it a given that it can't be filtered. Some guys who were initially told by the office that filters were not an option, have had the courage to explain to their employers that they do not want the constant nisayon, and were allowed filters.

If I can use it however I like, I'll put GenTech on it. That has worked wonders for me on my device. I'll have to wait and see what I get and how much control I have when I get the new device.

Thanks for the tip.

Re: My Clean Days Log 01 Jun 2021 00:47 #369287

Day #25.

Re: My Clean Days Log 03 Jun 2021 18:10 #369421

Day #27. Nothing more to say!

Re: My Clean Days Log 03 Jun 2021 18:23 #369423

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
שבע יפול צדיק וקם wrote on 03 Jun 2021 18:10:
Day #27. Nothing more to say!

The best way!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: My Clean Days Log 06 Jun 2021 02:46 #369487

Day #30.

On GYE, at 30 days one receives the "Level 5: גבור כח עושה דברו" badge. This reminded me about something that I posted about before and that I'd like to post about again.

Filtering devices does not equal weakness. It is not a sign that the person is sick and twisted. On the contrary, putting a filter on a device is a sign of גבור כח עושה דברו, it is a sign of strength. Temptation is just that. It tempts us. Choosing to block it out is a choice coming from a place of strength and integrity.

I'll add that, based on my experience of the GYE forum, I am not as frum as many of the users on this forum. It seems, based on my read of this forum, that I allow more non-Jewish and secular stuff and entertainment into my home than many of the users on this forum. I am writing that because I want to stress that filtering one's devices doesn't have to be looked at as a "super frummy yeshivish" thing. It is the right thing to do for anyone who doesn't want temptation inside the home and, in my opinion, that should be the case for everyone on this forum.
Last Edit: 06 Jun 2021 14:50 by שבע יפול צדיק וקם. Reason: Typo
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes