Welcome, Guest

My Clean Days Log
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Clean Days Log 16207 Views

Re: My Clean Days Log 25 Apr 2021 17:04 #367384

Day #4.

Re: My Clean Days Log 26 Apr 2021 02:37 #367428

Day #5.

I'll admit that it was embarrassing to announce to the GYE community that I was no longer in the 180s. It felt like failure. Then tonight I looked at my cumulative clean days count and I saw the number 418! I am amazed! That is since January 2020. Seeing that made me feel proud of my accomplishments. I didn't start over from zero. I just started my current count from zero. I will also say that the previous streaks make a difference for the current streak. I am already familiar with and trust myself that I can do without for an extended period of time.

I wanted to sign off by saying that hopefully this will be my last time in the single digits, but that isn't the point. The point is that, just like in all areas of life, I want to try to do my very best. So that is how I am going to sign off. I am posting here for accountability because I am trying to do my very best.

Re: My Clean Days Log 27 Apr 2021 01:58 #367474

Day #6.

Thanks for all of the "thanks" on the last post. It makes a difference knowing that you all are reading these posts.

Re: My Clean Days Log 29 Apr 2021 13:09 #367654

Day #8.

Re: My Clean Days Log 02 May 2021 03:21 #367750

Day #11.

Re: My Clean Days Log 02 May 2021 03:27 #367752

Mazel Tov keep it coming!
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: My Clean Days Log 04 May 2021 16:16 #367956

Day #1.

Back on track!

Re: My Clean Days Log 04 May 2021 16:27 #367957

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
שבע יפול צדיק וקם wrote on 04 May 2021 16:16:
Day #1.

Back on track!

Wanna join the challenge?

Re: My Clean Days Log 07 May 2021 15:56 #368162

Day #0.

I am struggling with masturbation. I would say that the struggle is primarily due to a lack of good time management. I am alone during the day and I struggle with productivity. 

I recently saw a suggestion to spend the first minutes of every day planning the day. Bli neder, I am going to start that practice. I hope that if I am busier, I will see greater success.

I am going on vacation by myself after Shabbos. I am writing this to be accountable to the GYE community and declare my intention to not masturbate the entire time I'm away. I will, b'ezras Hashem, report back on Tuesday that I was successful.

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement.

@Grant400 I will join the challenge. What do I have to do? Do I need to sign up on a different thread?

Re: My Clean Days Log 07 May 2021 17:17 #368167

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
שבע יפול צדיק וקם wrote on 07 May 2021 15:56:
@Grant400 I will join the challenge. What do I have to do? Do I need to sign up on a different thread?

Do it here
Hatzlacha!
Thanks for joining
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: My Clean Days Log 09 May 2021 15:34 #368221

Day #2.

I joined the challenge. The extra accountability is helping.

Re: My Clean Days Log 10 May 2021 00:03 #368259

My family has a product called Naki Radio. It is a WiFi radio that connects to various Jewish streams and libraries. My daughter was listening to a stream called "Gedolim Stories." That title inspired this comment:

---

כ' הרמב"ם (הל' איסורי ביאה כט:יח-כ) אין לך דבר בכל התורה כולה שהוא קשה לרוב העם לפרוש אלא מן העריות והביאות האסורות וכו' ואין אתה מוצא קהל בכל זמן וזמן שאין בהן פרוצין בעריות וביאות אסורות וכו' לפיכך ראוי לו לאדם לכוף יצרו בדבר זה ולהרגיל עצמו בקדושה יתירה ובמחשבה טהורה ובדעה נכונה כדי להנצל מהן.

The Rambam wrote (Laws of Forbidden Relationships 29:18-20) the hardest prohibition for the majority of the nation to observe is that of forbidden sexual relationships and activities. […] You will not find a community in any generation that does not have within it those who have an unbridled pursuit of forbidden sexual gratification. […] Therefore, it is appropriate for a person to control his urges in this matter and to accustom himself to holiness, pure thoughts, and proper perspectives in order to be saved from his urges. [The translation is my own.]

In the year תשפ"א, there was a group of men who found themselves struggling with the same struggle described in the holy words of the Rambam. It was so hard for them. They couldn't control their urge to masturbate. They couldn't control their temptation to look at forbidden images and videos.

They couldn't continue with the status quo. They couldn't continue seeing themselves not living up to their values. Letting out a sigh during Tefilah Zakah when uttering the parts about forbidden sexual activity was no longer enough for their service of their Maker.

These men were Gedolim. They joined GYE. They had longer streaks of refraining from forbidden activities. They encouraged and expressed so much love and care for each other. They commiserated with each other after low periods and celebrated each other's successes. They challenged each other to reach greater and greater heights.

---

So, yes, the term "Gedolim Stories" refers to the genre of story of legendary Torah scholars. However, let it be known that what we are doing here as part of GYE is nothing short of pure gadlus.
Last Edit: 10 May 2021 12:27 by שבע יפול צדיק וקם.

Re: My Clean Days Log 11 May 2021 14:14 #368361

שבע יפול צדיק וקם wrote on 07 May 2021 15:56:

I am going on vacation by myself after Shabbos. I am writing this to be accountable to the GYE community and declare my intention to not masturbate the entire time I'm away. I will, b'ezras Hashem, report back on Tuesday that I was successful.

Day #4.
I went on vacation, took a much need break and did not masturbate!

Re: My Clean Days Log 11 May 2021 18:06 #368373

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Each day we abstain, is a day that is held like a glistening treasure in shomayim. The angels definitely stand in awe by seeing us trying so hard. The midrash Bereishis tells us about the nefilim right? Angels who "fell" to our plane and immediately got consumed by arayos. So I guess they know how hard it is.
Sefiras haomer teaches us exactly that, each day is incredibly valuable to Hashem. I'm also trying to wrap my mind around that concept.
Yasher koach for never giving up!!
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: My Clean Days Log 13 May 2021 01:51 #368484

Day #6.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes