Welcome, Guest

Making it happen
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Making it happen 10621 Views

Re: Making it happen 24 Jan 2020 05:42 #346932

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
Day 101 

The difference between 100 and 101.....

Re: Making it happen 24 Jan 2020 10:34 #346934

• benploiny
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear  iwillnevergiveup
your determination and the quality of staying focused is exceptional, your amazing

Re: Making it happen 27 Jan 2020 01:06 #346970

I love your username, iwillnevergiveup. I'm rooting for you! 

Re: Making it happen 27 Jan 2020 05:40 #346977

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 104 

The yetzer hara is brilliant in the way he can try twist your thinking. Pushing full throttle to fight his renewed efforts. 
To all the “New faces” here welcome. Stay around I promise you it’s possible. It will take real effort, you have to fight the war on all fronts. 

Re: Making it happen 27 Jan 2020 15:58 #346983

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
iwillnevergiveup wrote on 27 Jan 2020 05:40:
Day 104 

The yetzer hara is brilliant in the way he can try twist your thinking. Pushing full throttle to fight his renewed efforts. 
To all the “New faces” here welcome. Stay around I promise you it’s possible. It will take real effort, you have to fight the war on all fronts. 

@iwillnevergiveup  ... I guess your name defines you a lot!

Rav Dovid Leibowitz, zt”l, taught how to figure out whether our inner voice is being manipulated by the yetzer hara. The secret is to determine whether our feelings cause us to serve Hashem better or worse. Does this voice get you to act and learn with zeal, or does it get you depressed?

After the speech is over, do you feel motivated to succeed, or are you uninterested in doing anything? Do you feel capable of becoming the person you want to be, or do you feel worthless? Ridiculing thoughts make you feel like a helpless loser.

Clearly, they come from the yetzer hara. Who else wants to drag you down? Who doesn’t want you to accomplish? Who is sick enough to tell you that you are horrible and can never escape it? It is all from him! He is trying to make you despondent so he can crush you.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2020 15:59 by davidt.

Re: Making it happen 30 Jan 2020 06:10 #347033

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 104 
Recently, multiple people expressed lack of hope for themselves and fear of punishment. 
We all have to answer for our actions one day. I won’t deny that. 

A few points want to share that may help you with these concerns.

1. If your life wasn’t “worth it and you were too far gone” Hashem would’ve ended your life. The fact you’re alive is proof you are here for a reason and still have a LOT of hope. 

2. You were put on this world to struggle in different areas of life and spend a lifetime working on it. Part of the Nisayon you have, may be to get back up after falling down. 

3. You Can do Teshuva, and regretting the past,
changing now and not doing it again, still works even if do fall in a month from now. 

4. Every second you fight even if you eventually fall is worth millions.  And those zechusim you get from fighting, help protect you in the future. 

5. If you’re stuck in a rut, you need some serious inspiration to get you going. That means not just right now,
start reading, watching, listening to content from this site on hourly basis not twice a week. 

Good,luck
Iwillnevergiveup

Re: Making it happen 31 Jan 2020 21:26 #347069

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 108

You feel like your fighting and than hashem gives a challenge that seems mind boggling, tell yourself hashem obviously knows I’m am growing and that I’m holding on the level to overcome this higher step of a greater challenge. 

Re: Making it happen 04 Feb 2020 00:55 #347126

• elya k
  • Gold Boarder
Ideally I don't want to reach the point where I get tempted, but when I do I use "Play the Tape Out" skill to help me see the consequences of my own actions. In other words I step back and say to myself, last time I did this, I upset my wife, I felt guilt and shame and is a few minutes of looking going to be worth going through that misery again. 
What about you?  Have you ever used this?  What do you use to help you in the moment? 
Elya K was the first  GYE hotline moderator for couples struggling with Shmiras Eiynaim issues in their marriage.  Elya is the author of 6 books, among them Navigating the Phases of Sex Addiction Recovery, Help Her Heal with Carol Sheets,  Ambushed by Betrayal: The Survival Guide for Betrayed Partners on their Heroes’ Journey to Healthy Intimacy with Michele Saffier. 

FREE EBOOK ON THE GYE SITE AT: Mask In the Mirror (guardyoureyes.com)

Elya K. has been coaching people worldwide for over 10 years for Shmiras Eiyanim issues. 
For a free 15 minute consultation call 901-248-6001.

Re: Making it happen 05 Feb 2020 06:56 #347153

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
I generally say stop it’s not worth because ...
more to the point of what you’re about to do has multiple consequences and you’ll regret it. 

But why am I crossing lines I haven’t crossed in 2-3 months?

Re: Making it happen 08 Feb 2020 19:32 #347238

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
I see having a goal makes a lot easier, so I have a new goal of getting to 150 days. 

Whoever has anything to share about staying strong long term please share. 

Re: Making it happen 09 Feb 2020 01:36 #347243

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep posting and staying connected to GYE.  

Re: Making it happen 09 Feb 2020 05:14 #347247

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep staying strong!!!

Take it one day at a time and have good fences!

Re: Making it happen 13 Feb 2020 18:54 #347323

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 121 Today’s daily boost is so true. 
Next time a challenge comes your way listen to it. It really helps breakdown how right now you aren’t thinking and just wait.

Re: Making it happen 16 Feb 2020 06:42 #347352

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
When the yetzer hara tells you just a little, not all the way he’s basically saying let’s go to a place where you can’t make proper judgment, and than over there you’ll decide whether to stop or not. 

Say Not now

Re: Making it happen 20 Feb 2020 06:11 #347445

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 128
There were times when I thought after so much work and real effort, I’ve overcome this challenge for the most part. Yet I would say the last week has been my hardest since day 90. 

I realize it’s the Constant work that made it easier as I go along. The fact I’ve done it for this long proves I can do it and Must do it. 

I know what works and I’ve seen great success when I stick to it. But ever so slowly the yetzer hara knows how slowly tone it down little by little till you are totally exposed to the fire. 

I need to rethink what I can do, to keep myself accountable to my schedules and actually keeping up the chizuk. 

Iv anyone has anything to add or recommend, please post it, so we can all grow. 

Thanks,
Iwillnevergiveup 
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes