Welcome, Guest

I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 28050 Views

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 25 Jun 2019 03:57 #341924

• higher
  • Current streak: 647 days
  • Gold Boarder
higher wrote on 11 Jun 2019 04:46:
. i had a fall. i was in a situation with a bad book around and i knew i shouldnt be looking inside and i flipped to a bad part. actually it wasnt a ''bad book'' specifically. in terms of its labeled category it was a novel. but apparently nowadays, either the authors have lost their talent or if they dont put in an inappropriate scene, the book simply wont sell (as much). 
 Either way, i probably could have rationalized that it was just a slip and maybe even gye wouldve allowed me to continue on the streak and all that.
 But im tired of slips as well. for me, i want real clean days. so i scratched the whole thing. 
 Im proud of all the times ive said no the yetzer hara, and i know that ive made Hashem proud over the different successes within this streak. the streak aint my religion and quite frankly (in terms of gye rules) its not even a goal of mine, so here i am. 
and im gonna keep on trucking. 

REM, i appreciate your point. its true.
but i must confess. i dont feel like a garbage can.
see the bold.
and i will still keep on truckin'.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 25 Jun 2019 04:00 #341925

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
btw i dont give a darn about my karma but it seems that some individual is making it his duty to find time on a consistent basis to lower it.
if you have a problem with any of my posts.....
SAY IT TO MY FACE! (post it.)
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2019 04:56 by higher.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 25 Jun 2019 05:48 #341926

I just uped it.
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 25 Jun 2019 17:34 #341939

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 25 Jun 2019 05:48:
I just uped it.

nice of you.
its not about the karma (but it is!)
​i really just want to hear if anyone has any criticism concerning my posts. id rather people not hide behind faceless and wordless karma lowering and rather speak up and post directly.
 i have no problem defending any of my posts and also no problem admitting if i agree that im wrong.
 so speak up, unknown one! now!

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 27 Jun 2019 13:20 #341973

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Regarding an earlier comment here, there are two types of "feeling bad" about a fall. Charata - to feel bad enough to do something about the fall, is good. Figuring out what the trigger was, talking it over with a chaver, and planning strategy for the future is all good. Yi'ush - to simply feel bad and "down" has no place in yiddishkeit. Usually it is also self defeating because when one is depressed, acting out is "around the corner".

Regarding karma, for the longest while I have not paid the slightest attention to mine or anybody else's. I do care what intelligent people feel about my posts and I find that where they feel it necessary to compliment or criticize, they either post a response, send me a PM or an email, or sometimes a phone call. Anonymous karma raising/lowering from any random fellow (who may be of compromised intelligence, be a cynic, or is simply unfamiliar with how guys break free) is meaningless.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 27 Jun 2019 15:22 #341976

• cordnoy
Hashem Help Me wrote on 27 Jun 2019 13:20:

I do care what intelligent people feel about my posts and I find that where they feel it necessary to compliment or criticize, they either post a response, send me a PM or an email, or sometimes a phone call. 

or, click "thank you."
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 28 Jun 2019 03:35 #341984

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
Regarding an earlier comment here, there are two types of "feeling bad" about a fall. Charata - to feel bad enough to do something about the fall, is good. Figuring out what the trigger was, talking it over with a chaver, and planning strategy for the future is all good. Yi'ush - to simply feel bad and "down" has no place in yiddishkeit. Usually it is also self defeating because when one is depressed, acting out is "around the corner".

Regarding karma, for the longest while I have not paid the slightest attention to mine or anybody else's. I do care what intelligent people feel about my posts and I find that where they feel it necessary to compliment or criticize, they either post a response, send me a PM or an email, or sometimes a phone call. Anonymous karma raising/lowering from any random fellow (who may be of compromised intelligence, be a cynic, or is simply unfamiliar with how guys break free) is meaningless.

great points! i really appreciate your post!
i did notice that you personally have taken down your karma so no one can raise or lower it. 
if you truly dont care about it...then why would you even bother taking it down? wouldnt you just ignore, it period? 
not an accusation, just curious...
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2019 14:13 by higher.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 30 Jun 2019 17:22 #342011

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
higher wrote on 28 Jun 2019 03:35:

great points! i really appreciate your post!
i did notice that you personally have taken down your karma so no one can raise or lower it. 
if you truly dont care about it...then why would you even bother taking it down? wouldnt you just ignore, it period? 
not an accusation, just curious...

I don't recall ever requesting my karma be taken down...….
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 15 Jul 2019 03:50 #342290

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Higher than all this! I hope all is well...

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 15 Jul 2019 18:55 #342303

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
im okay bh.
appreciated. 
maybe well talk one of these days...

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 15 Jul 2019 19:00 #342304

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
i actually had pretty bad slips, very close to falls recently. 
kind of lonely. but things are okay.
decent ground for improvement with stuff.
have to work on it.
been pretty busy lately.
i hope that i am successful, bez''h
i also hope the same for everyone else here.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 16 Jul 2019 13:00 #342321

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch.  I'm also going through a period with additional stress.  Our journey has its ups and downs.  We just need to ride this out.  It will get better.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 23 Jul 2019 01:20 #342483

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
just wanted to say that im doing well bh!
had some hard times recently but i bounced back up.
hope everyone here is doing well.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 04 Oct 2019 15:35 #344000

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
just wanted to say that recently i got a dirty text with a pic inviting me to date someone. bh i wasnt able to open the pic cuz i dont have internet on my phone (blocked). cud be it was a fake but for me it was a nisayon not to cave in. i deleted the text right away, bh.

Re: I AM HIGHER THAN ALL THIS!!! 04 Oct 2019 16:02 #344002

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That's great to hear.  Thanks for sharing that "win" with us. 

It's nice to have you back on the forum.  Gmar Chasima Tova
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes