Welcome, Guest

90 days for the heavy addict...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days for the heavy addict... 20834 Views

Re: 90 days for the heavy addict... 28 Mar 2019 04:24 #340109

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
sorry to hear about the rough day they are the worst 

I recently came across a book about peace of mind  by reb zelig plisken and opened up 5o a chapter where he recconemnds an exercise where you think or say repeatedly or at different times of the day "Great thoughts Great feelings Great words Great actions"
its really been helping me maybe it could benefit you 

hatzlacha! komt!

Re: 90 days for the heavy addict... 29 Dec 2020 07:09 #360074

• escapeartist
  • Current streak: 59 days
  • Expert Boarder
Wow haven't looked at this topic in a while. I used to take myself so seriously lol.
My wife nebach has corona, she's quite sick & nauseous & dizzy & headachey...
So farshtaytzach I'm not going to complain about quarantine, that I get to quit my day job & try my hand at being mommy, Rebbe, Morah, Doctor & cleaning lady.
Just reflecting how this would have been disastrous way back in the olden days before the creator very graciously granted me a program of recovery & the freedom it comes with.
I get to spend time with my kids, concentrate on appreciating & enjoying the time with them.
I can try to be there for my wife in her time of pain, I can miraculously hear out her complaints and not feel the need to escape to my fantasyland.
I can stay up till the wee hours of the morning, alone on my computer, working on my new business the Eibishter gave me - without the drive to surf the net and find whatever gets through my filter.
Hashem, thank you. Thanks for leading me to this site, for leading me to SA, for leading me to life.
Please grant me another day of freedom, of sanity & connection to You.

Re: 90 days for the heavy addict... 29 Dec 2020 11:56 #360077

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Refua sheleima
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: 90 days for the heavy addict... 03 Feb 2021 06:53 #362612

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bump
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes