Welcome, Guest

Can I really do this?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I really do this? 2194 Views

Can I really do this? 26 Oct 2018 00:10 #336682

• baalshemtov
  • Current streak: 684 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, so I’m not really sure how to go about this but I guess it’s worth a try, in the past 6 months I can say that I really have started to try harder in order to maintain my shmirat enayim and Brit, I’m married with a child btw, I took internet completely off my phone, and set up filters on completely everything besides my wife’s phone-not really sure how to go about that, but every 2-3 weeks I keep falling into traps, I get so hyped about watching some garbage online that I cannot think clearly enough to stop, I’m not in the best of moods right now seeing as I’m only clean the past 22 hours, but I want to regain control and start again on the 90 day chart, I will try to add every days progress and hopefully through this we will all be able to come over this struggle, I’m always telling people not to get down and that hashem just wants you to try and doesn’t care if u really succeed or not, but sometimes it’s just so hard to understand that hashem really can forgive you for every time you went against him, sometime you just think that your an addict and you will never stop and never really reach your true potential, but enough with negative thoughts, I will try my best to start this journey and keep you all informed of how it’s all going for me, may hashem bless us all with strength, and may he take away our yetzer hara 

Re: Can I really do this? 26 Oct 2018 01:05 #336683

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. Great first post. You can and will iyh get better. Many many people here have done that, including me. Stay connected, keep posting, and research all that GYE has to offer. Feel free to reach out to the oilam here. Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Can I really do this? 26 Oct 2018 01:07 #336684

Welcome!!! It’s awesome that you were working hard on this on your own for a while already, and it’s even cooler that you decided to take the step of joining other great people working on the same goal.

It may be helpful to post an update every couple days as you embark on the 90 day challenge. Sometimes writing things out brings clarity, especially when you are dealing with a lot of emotions.

Hashem is limitless and his capacity to forgive is also without limit. But, I know that for me, it was also useful to spend time thinking about how I want to stop this not only because it’s a sin, but also because it really doesn’t make me happy in the long term.

Anyways, best of luck going forward! KUTGW!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Can I really do this? 26 Oct 2018 02:27 #336687

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Re: Can I really do this? 28 Oct 2018 02:43 #336713

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Congrats for joining the crew!!

​I will definitely say that the last thing you mentioned, staying positive, has helped me tremendously. Anything that is just negative thoughts about past actions is purely the yetzer hara - FACT. Ignoring past failures and just focusing on getting better (through GYE) has been crucial for me getting to now 76 days clean.

Hatzlacha!!!!

Re: Can I really do this? 28 Oct 2018 05:03 #336719

• gyehelp2017
  • Current streak: 1869 days
  • Gold Boarder
Having the 'baalshemtov' on board is a great chizuk for us all, yes we all need chizuk and we keep in touch and that keeps us going. So my friend welcome aboard, and the more you stay connected (through post/chat/email.......) the better of things are, and of course there is no one size fits all, every one sees something else as best for them, so try as many tools as possible from GYE and see what works best.
hatzlucha raba on your (our) journey!!
Feel free to reach out to me at gyehelp2017@gmail.com

Re: Can I really do this? 28 Oct 2018 07:06 #336722

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome !

Good for you that you set up filters that's a great step 
Dont let the "How could Hashem forgive me"
question pull you down it's the people like you whom he loves - your trying so hard to do what he wants... 

Hatzlacha

Re: Can I really do this? 28 Oct 2018 22:43 #336767

• baalshemtov
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much for all the love and support guys, it’s already on day 4 and I’m feeling much better, I’m not going to lie I have times when the temptation really gets ahead of me but I’m trying my best not too even open the door of having a small little look because I know that’s all it takes to go down hill. Will keep taking it day by day and with hashems help hopefully this will all pass through, will continue too keep you guys posted on the progress 

Re: Can I really do this? 01 Nov 2018 15:03 #336904

• gyehelp2017
  • Current streak: 1869 days
  • Gold Boarder

will continue too keep you guys posted on the progress 

How are things going baalshemtov? Please keep us updated, not only for your own benefit,  but we all gain from hearing and sharing with each others struggles/success.......       and btw, yes we ALL have struggles,  the question is only what we actually do about it.
keep us posted, all the best!!

Re: Can I really do this? 02 Nov 2018 11:00 #336930

• baalshemtov
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello my holy brothers, sorry it took so long to write back but every time I tried something took over me and stopped me from writing on this great forum, maybe it was also a little embarrassing, the past 48 hours have been insane for me, I’ve been going through extremely hard tests some that I’ve succeeded but unfortunately I did end up looking at something inappropriate for a couple of minutes and thk gd some how managed to get off the website with out completely going through with the aveirah, I used to be able to go 40-50 days without having these types of urges but everythingg changes ever since Yom Kippur, but every time I wanted to sin more honestly I thought of you guys and kept myself together more or less, thanks so much for all the support, I will try to frequent this website even more often 
Shabbat shalom

Re: Can I really do this? 02 Nov 2018 11:22 #336931

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up chaver! Yes, in the beginning it is rough. It is a form of withdrawal. Stay focused and stay in touch. The site has a lot of useful resources. Also, exercising helps relieve the urges. Hatzlocha. We are rooting for you.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes