Welcome, Guest

90 days attempt
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 90 days attempt 4076 Views

Re: 90 days attempt 03 Aug 2018 13:27 #334263

• joyoflife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Senior Boarder
Not sure what makes you say that? Could you explain a little more why you think that's the case? To me it seems that the embarrassment is not the source but rather an outcome. Overcoming the embarrassment might lead me to recovery but in of itself is not the source. I mean when I started this thing many eons ago I didn't think that the reason I was doing it was because I would be embarrassed when recovering. If you could explain a little  more I would appreciate it 

Re: 90 days attempt 03 Aug 2018 13:45 #334266

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
JoyOfLife wrote on 03 Aug 2018 13:27:
Not sure what makes you say that? Could you explain a little more why you think that's the case? To me it seems that the embarrassment is not the source but rather an outcome. Overcoming the embarrassment might lead me to recovery but in of itself is not the source. I mean when I started this thing many eons ago I didn't think that the reason I was doing it was because I would be embarrassed when recovering. If you could explain a little  more I would appreciate it 

Sure. Your vision of the world which causes the embarrassment is likely also the cause of the feeling which for all intents and purposes seems like regular sexual desire. When you use behaviors which are not consistent with that vision of the world, then that vision starts to change. When you introduce yourself at the meeting and share your dirty secrets that's not consistent with that vision. You watch your own action and rationalize it and learn from it. And initially it hurts. But good things sometimes hurt like a son of a gun.

It will only really make sense when you see it for yourself. Words are always filtered and interpreted.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2018 13:46 by mzl.

Re: 90 days attempt 09 Aug 2018 08:03 #334470

• joyoflife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Senior Boarder
I'm a little embarrassed to post this but once again I fell. I'm doing a cheshbon of sorts to make sure it doesn't happen again. Definitely need to call someone and simply take the next step

Re: 90 days attempt 09 Aug 2018 18:22 #334487

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Pick up the phone and call - you wont regret it.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes