Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Starting again 13373 Views

Starting again 06 Jul 2018 00:05 #333015

• ManWhoStumbles
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
I had many failures in the last six months, and write I am at day zero. I realize I will have to communicate to people about my struggles to break free, so I will update this daily except for Shabat and Yom Tov. I will try to write strict schedules, and finish reading the handbook

Re: Starting again 06 Jul 2018 02:31 #333019

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. Sharing is step one in getting out of this mess. Your willingness to be in touch is wise and courageous. That's what bh worked for me.....
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Starting again 06 Jul 2018 14:11 #333035

• ManWhoStumbles
  • Senior Boarder
Day 1: I am trying to structure my time, so I won't have any opportunities to fall. I am also working to maintain my enthusiasm from today for all days going forward. With the help of G-d, I'll move forward.
Good Shabbos!

Re: Starting again 08 Jul 2018 01:48 #333064

• ManWhoStumbles
  • Senior Boarder
Day 2: Shavua Tov! I had some flashbacks to falling today, but I moved on. I hope I can stay strong with the help of heaven.

Re: Starting again 08 Jul 2018 23:24 #333102

• ManWhoStumbles
  • Senior Boarder
Day 3: Sometimes I get thoughts while trying to fall sleep, but I tell myself "I love you Hashem, and then move on."  Hopefully with the help of Heaven, I can stay safe in the coming days.  

Re: Starting again 09 Jul 2018 09:28 #333113

• yerushalmi
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Expert Boarder
Keep up the good work! 

Would you care to share what you are struggling with? Where are you struggling (home, office, yeshivah etc)? The more you share, the more the group here can and will encourage you!
For me, it was hard to open up to people. But slowly I am realizing, the more I open up, the more that people here can help me. 
Yerushalmi

Re: Starting again 09 Jul 2018 19:16 #333135

• ManWhoStumbles
  • Senior Boarder
Day 4: I currently struggle with a screens problem, which manifests itself in online gaming, and p***. I struggle when I am home and have trouble staying clean for more than a week. Hopefully, Hashem will give me the ability to have more self control. 

Re: Starting again 09 Jul 2018 20:53 #333140

• yerushalmi
  • Expert Boarder
Is there a way for you to get rid of unfiltered internet access?

Re: Starting again 09 Jul 2018 22:47 #333149

• ManWhoStumbles
  • Senior Boarder
I actually just fell when I tested my filter. I have trouble setting good filters for chrome book. Do you have any ideas?

Re: Starting again 10 Jul 2018 01:44 #333155

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
I never touched a chromebook. However based on my understanding, there is a supervised user option which really locks down the device. Can that work for you?
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Starting again 10 Jul 2018 03:12 #333161

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
Supervised users are unfortunately no longer available on Chromebooks, it was replaced with Family Link. I was not able to find a reliable way to lock down my Chromebook. I gave up and put a physical lock on the charger, so I can't use it anymore (unless I take a Dremel or a bolt cutter to it).
Whatever it takes.

Re: Starting again 10 Jul 2018 08:30 #333175

• yerushalmi
  • Expert Boarder
ManWhoStumbles wrote on 09 Jul 2018 22:47:
I actually just fell when I tested my filter. I have trouble setting good filters for chrome book. Do you have any ideas?

The only internet capable device that I own is a PC. The filter that I use is from gentechsolution.com, and it works for my needs. I don't know anything about Chromebooks. However, if the device is causing you problems, then you need to get rid of it, one way or another. The Chofetz Chaim writes, that if one's job requires him to be in a place where he will hear Loshon Hara, he is obligated to give up his job! Even if he has nothing else lined up, he can not stay in an environment where he will stumble. If we are required to give up our livelihood in order not to hear Loshon Hara, certainly we can give up a few hundred dollar device!
These lines are easy for me to write, as I am not giving up any devices. But you have to whatever it takes to stay clean.
Hatzlacha!!

Re: Starting again 10 Jul 2018 09:40 #333177

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ManWhoStumbles wrote on 09 Jul 2018 22:47:

I don't know much about chrome os, but this sounds like what you are looking for:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webfilter-free-parental-c/epniipcfpbjliciholgdeipceecgcfmj?hl=en

Re: Starting again 10 Jul 2018 20:13 #333209

• ManWhoStumbles
  • Senior Boarder
Day 1: All of the chrome extensions can easily be disabled and removed, even without inputting a password. Today I actually davened in a Minyan for the first weekday in a long time, instead of davening at home. I think I think I am flawed in having too high an opinion of myself, and if I work on that, that might help me. 

Re: Starting again 10 Jul 2018 20:55 #333211

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ManWhoStumbles wrote on 10 Jul 2018 20:13:
Day 1: All of the chrome extensions can easily be disabled and removed, even without inputting a password. 

If that's the case then get a new machine. Or you could make a neder - under the supervision of a chacham - that for a limited amount of time you will not  use a computer with access to the internet without a shomer.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes