Welcome, Guest

New Journey to 90 days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: New Journey to 90 days 13663 Views

Re: New Journey to 90 days 08 Jun 2018 15:46 #331883

Just a quick suggestion for dealing with your anxiety. Anxiety gets worse when you feel you have to fight it and get rid of it because if not you will                          (fill in your specific blank). When you are constantly allowing anxiety to rule your life instead of you being a less anxious person because you avoided him, the anxiety will feel stronger and be present in everything in your life. And pretty much destroy you as every time he will come, you will run for dear life for an escape.

Once i learned and accepted the fact that hashem created me with a bit of anxiety. And yes certain things i do will cause me to feel more anxious but anxiety is just a feeling which is uncomfortable but i could withstand the feeling "i could ride the waves". I will not let anxiety rule my life. The 1st few days of you learning to be ok with feeling anxiety and uncomfortable are brutal and i mean terrible brutal. But once you train your brain that the worst thing that anxiety could do to you is make you feel uncomfortable and you learn to accept and be ok with sometimes feeling uncomfortable the anxiety will stop feeling scary. 

Baruch hashem i've reached a point that things which used to make me go insane from anxiety, i hardly feel them anymore and if i do i am just "mindful" that i'm feeling this way and "accept" my feelings for what they are with no need to fight them or pass judgment on them. they are just feelings. 

Wishing you hatzlocha in learning to deal with your anxiety
 Good Shabbos Yankel!
Important quote from Cordnoy
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” 

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

Feel free to reach out yd@guardyoureyes.org
732-646-5774

My Story

Yankel's Daily Inspirational Quotes

Re: New Journey to 90 days 11 Jun 2018 10:34 #331991

• iwilldothis
  • Current streak: 1390 days
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Yankel, the more I stay clean the clearer my mind gets and the more I appreciate what you and others say.

Today is day 7, I had a rough day yesterday. I was watching a TV show that is not supposed to be triggering for me, but somebody said something that was triggering, so I called somebody before it got out of hand. I was honest with what I was feeling and wanted to do and the urge passed. I was ashamed when I called but I'm glad I did because I didn't want to act out after that.
Until last night, when I decided to watch a different show because I didn't let myself watch the other one because I wouldn't enjoy it if I was lusting the whole time. I watched a different show and something that doesn't trigger me actually triggered me. I was/am shocked, I can't watch anything. I have to watch animated PG tv shows or not watch at all. It might be a good idea for me not watch at all because I use it as an escape. I'm going to try to meditate and be mindful of what's going on with me because I am feeling anxious. I also need to remember that Hashem is with me every step of the way and I should lean on Him to help me.
I liked the part of surrendering to Hashem it has helped me last time with lust. I'm going to continue doing that today.
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2018 10:46 by iwilldothis. Reason: typo

Re: New Journey to 90 days 11 Jun 2018 11:30 #331993

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Instead of being ashamed that you called, you should be very very proud. It takes courage - and it works! People that are willing to share these most private issues with others that have "been there and done that" are showing dedication to recovery. Keep it up and iyh the day will come when others will call you!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: New Journey to 90 days 11 Jun 2018 12:35 #331995

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
TV is packed with little things that turn men on, and often it's done by design because the shows are watched by a whole family, so they put it in something to turn on the father, a good looking man for the mother to look at, the comic relief etc.

I think the important thing is to set boundaries that are sustainable for you. If your job is video editing for a TV studio, you can't stop watching TV shows. But if you have the abolity to design TV shows out of your life then I would say go ahead, it's no big loss. This is not even related to sex, there are lots more fulfilling activities than watching TV. I am just putting some perspective on it for you, I am not saying that TV shows are assur or anything.

Re: New Journey to 90 days 12 Jun 2018 10:51 #332060

• iwilldothis
  • Senior Boarder
I'm still clean BH. I am feeling withdrawal symptoms. I don't know how to explain it, but I just to be in bed all day and ride the waves. I'm feeling heavy and I don't know how I am going to make it through the day sane. I just need to breathe and call other people. I will do this. Hashem please help me. I've gone through this before and I can do it again. I feel like I have two parts right now. One part that knows that everything is ok and the other part that's driving me crazy and saying that nothing is ok. That I need to isolate myself and get nothing done.
I know that probably didn't make sense. Maybe I'll start making sense tomorrow. I'm listening to music just to keep me out of my head.

Here's to day 8. 

Re: New Journey to 90 days 12 Jun 2018 11:28 #332062

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
The antidote for withdrawal is exercise. As much as you can! It is actually physiological. When one exercises to the level that the heart rate is elevated - when you sweat, the same calming endorphines that are secreted into the brain when masturbating are released. So get on the treadmill, go for a brisk walk, do some push ups. Make it part of your daily regimen. And as you wrote, get out of isolation and get on the phone with buddies who have "been there and done that". They will hold your hands as you go through a few challenging days.

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: New Journey to 90 days 12 Jun 2018 12:03 #332065

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting. To me masturbation feels different than exercise, but this is fascinating.

Re: New Journey to 90 days 12 Jun 2018 14:30 #332075

"iwilldothis" it sounds like you are feeling exactly the way i'm feeling today. Wanna go for out today for a depressed person chill?
Anyways when i feel this way i try to go to the gym, do some mindfulness exercises, or sit down and just write a letter to hashem writing down clearly how awful i'm feeling at the present moment, helps me feel so much better. It's my way of telling him hashem i can't fight my moods they are stronger than me so therefore please take care of them for me!
Also when we feel like we need to withdraw and sit in bed the whole day, it's very important to do the exact opposite treat yourself out to a restaurant with some friends or your wife, even if you don't feel like it and take care of yourself take a nice hot shower, go swimming or even the mikvah. your moods are not going to improve right away but slowly you will start feeling better.

Lots of luck Yankel!
Important quote from Cordnoy
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” 

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

Feel free to reach out yd@guardyoureyes.org
732-646-5774

My Story

Yankel's Daily Inspirational Quotes

Re: New Journey to 90 days 14 Jun 2018 10:50 #332210

• iwilldothis
  • Senior Boarder
I'm on day 10 and I still woke up with a brain fog and confusion. I'm not having lust or anything, just brain fog and confusion. I've been like this for the past couple of days. It is better today. I am having times where my mind is clear and it's usually when I'm not thinking about the fact that I can't concentrate. All I have to do is go on with my day, just for today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. I'm going to reach out to people today, just to get out of my head. I'm going to take a walk and just be.

Re: New Journey to 90 days 15 Jun 2018 10:53 #332259

• iwilldothis
  • Senior Boarder
The brain fog lifted halfway through the day yesterday.  I had a clearer mind.  I just didn't know what to do with myself. I wasn't feeling lust but my body instinctively wanted to go watch p. It was an easier battle because I reached to others(anybody) just to get out of my head. 
Now I have a clear(er) mind than a few days ago and I can focus on the work that I need to get done that I haven't done yet. I still want to crawl into bed and watch tv all day but I just need to keep on doing what I need to do.
Thank you, Hashem. One day at a time.

Re: New Journey to 90 days 15 Jun 2018 11:27 #332260

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Its called withdrawal, chaver. During this time, exercise at least once a day and stay connected with good people. It will pass iyh. Next come the wet dreams... Its all part of an expected cycle of breaking free. You are BH on the way to freedom. Stay focused and connected. You will iyh look back and feel very good.....

Re: New Journey to 90 days 17 Jun 2018 11:32 #332303

• iwilldothis
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, I need to get something off my chest because it's been bothering me for a bit and I maybe if I post somebody can shed some light. 
I started SA a couple of weeks ago and I have few guys numbers that I try to call every other day. I feel so uncomfortable when I have to call others and I know I shouldn't care and just do what I need to do. I don't know what I'm supposed to share about and talking is not enough. What I usually do is tell the other guy what I'm lusting about. I don't go into graphic details. Enough details to make the lust not have so much power over me. And it helps.

But I'm not uncomfortable because I have to share that I'm feeling lust. I get uncomfortable because I have to share what I feel lust for guys. I get so embarrassed even though I know it's good for me. Maybe I'm doing this whole sharing thing wrong but it helps me even though its embarrassing. 
My problem is that I feel like I'm pushing others away when I tell them that I have SSA. I know it's all in my head or at least I'd like to think that it is. I keep on telling myself that I don't care and all I should care about is my sobriety and who cares about what others think. There'll be people who freak out then it's their problem.

On a happy note, today is day 13.

Re: New Journey to 90 days 17 Jun 2018 12:18 #332306

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Shame wears off after a while. Just keep saying the things that you are most ashamed to say, in the way that makes you feel the most ashamed.

After the shame is gone you can make more progress than you know what to do with.

Re: New Journey to 90 days 17 Jun 2018 12:52 #332308

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov on 13! Look at it as if you had to share something awkward with a doctor. You discuss it in a clinical fashion. Same here. Noone focused on recovery looks down at another guy's desires. We all understand that for whatever reason, whether from birth, due to environmental factors, or other causes, some of us here have "strange" desires and fantasies. The bottom line is that all addictive desires lead to unhealthy behavior and we need to learn how to deal with the general issue of lust. Keep sharing. The more you do, the less powerful the lust is. It gets defined with boundaries and becomes managable with the techniques you are learning. Iyh one day at a time you are going to become a healthy happy fellow, and be at peace with yourself, having learned how to deal with the underlying forces driving the sexual drives in you. Hatzlocha.

Re: New Journey to 90 days 18 Jun 2018 07:22 #332348

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Feel free to send me your number in private message so you can have someone else to call who doesnt care if you like men, women, or pixels.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes