Welcome, Guest

WannabeFree in 90 days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: WannabeFree in 90 days 10620 Views

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 26 Jun 2018 21:41 #332719

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So happy for you, thanks for the good news.

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 26 Jun 2018 23:11 #332724

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov!!! Be matzliach!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 01 Jul 2018 14:33 #332846

• WannabeFree
  • Current streak: 238 days
  • Expert Boarder
Day 56

I find it difficult to balance not looking at a woman and not being rude to her. I used to chat up this one woman whom I meet every so often while picking up my son from preschool (one of the other mothers). She is really pretty and does not dress very tzniusly, hence a huge trigger.  Today I picked up my son early (hoping that I wouldn't meet her), but she also came early and it was very difficult not to look at her and speak to her without seeming rude. I managed to avert my eyes most of the time, but when speaking to her I could not avoid looking at her. (I also tried to avoid speaking to her as much as possible.) I got out of there as quickly as possible, but not without some damage being done to my eyes.

I have been repeating to myself every morning when I leave the house that I the beauty of women was not given to us to enjoy outside of marriage and that Hashem should help me guard my eyes. I believe this has helped me a lot and as opposed to last time I handled this situation much better, but was probably a bit rude. (Last time I wasn't trying to stop myself from looking and thinking about her at all...)

השלך על השם יהבך והוא יכלכלך
wannabefree613@gmail.com

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 01 Jul 2018 15:17 #332847

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Me too!

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 02 Jul 2018 03:54 #332874

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
1st of all - You are a real inspiration to me , you joined GYE a few months ago and your going full force tackling the issues , showing real courage and strength etc.

2nd - regarding what you wrote about today , is it not possible to be very polite yet not have a conversation?
if you are respectful most people wont take offense , and if they do I would say that your doing the Ratzon Hashem and if someone thinks thats rude its Still the right thing - again this should be done with  Mentchlichkeit , try it,
( or it could be the " FRUM Yetzer Horaah " could be if you look deep inside you really just like talking to her - but your telling yourself Im a great Baal Midos  Im not saying that is the case and its not my place to - its just something I could see myself doing)

Good luck ! Keep inspiring us !  

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 02 Jul 2018 07:24 #332884

• WannabeFree
  • Expert Boarder
I most certainly want to chat to her and look at her and used to do it as much as possible, however I am now trying to refrain from this behavior because it is bad for me. If I hadn't become friendly in first place it would have been much easier to just not politely and be on my way... I got myself into this. On the bright side in a month's time my son will be finished this particular preschool and I should not be seeing her again. So I'll have to do my best until then to avoid her.

BTW thanks for the vote of confidence/chizuk.

wannabefree613@gmail.com

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 04 Jul 2018 20:46 #332978

• WannabeFree
  • Expert Boarder
Day 59

Having very busy days recently b"h, now that I'm working, so less time to check in here. Being busy is good, but walking and driving around I still find my eyes wandering non-stop. It is a constant struggle, but worth it. I haven't had a real fight with my wife for over two months now and until now it has been a regular thing that when we can't be physical I would basically ignore her. Not on purpose, but I was just living in my lust world, so that she played no part in it when she was off limits.  She/we could never figure out why it happened, but now it seems so obvious.

wannabefree613@gmail.com

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 06 Jul 2018 13:21 #333034

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
WannabeFree wrote on 04 Jul 2018 20:46:
Day 59

Having very busy days recently b"h, now that I'm working, so less time to check in here. Being busy is good, but walking and driving around I still find my eyes wandering non-stop. It is a constant struggle, but worth it. I haven't had a real fight with my wife for over two months now and until now it has been a regular thing that when we can't be physical I would basically ignore her. Not on purpose, but I was just living in my lust world, so that she played no part in it when she was off limits.  She/we could never figure out why it happened, but now it seems so obvious.

I have the same (looking) issue. It helps me when I remember that at work I would definitely force myself myself to look at the most attractive woman in the office if she needed something business-related, and then focusing like a laser beam on the business at hand would be the only way not to think about sex. I am not big on guilt but I think I owe my wife the same courtesy. It's much harder to to do obviously. I find that the telephone helps me relate to her as a regular person.

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 14 Jul 2018 21:09 #333386

• WannabeFree
  • Expert Boarder
Day 69

Hey, I haven't posted in ages, but I'm still following emails from a few of the threads and the chizuk emails.  It is still not the same as writing about it here, because when things come up they stay in my head and I need to get them out. B"h I have still kept clean even though for technical reasons I've only been with my wife once in the last 2 months and need to wait at least two weeks again. It has not been easy, but has been easier than previously that I can remember. I still am not close to my wife emotionally and she feels it and keeps me at arms length because of it. Something I need to work on... Have a good week!

wannabefree613@gmail.com

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 01 Aug 2018 21:03 #334181

• WannabeFree
  • Expert Boarder
Day 87

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. I have not fallen, but have slipped numerous times. It is hard to keep focus when I can't get back to here every day. I need the constant reminder and support to keep from constant lusting. On the whole, though, I am in an incomparable place from three months ago!

wannabefree613@gmail.com

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 02 Aug 2018 04:01 #334201

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi its great to hear that your doing good

To eliminate the problem of not being able to visit the site often enough ,  I would  recommend setting up an accountability partner which takes no time and is much more than accountability its someone who can be mechazek you ,empathise with you , give you valuable advice etc.  I started this 6 weeks ago and it has had a tremendous impact on my struggle , and I know of many others who have been helped with this , dont forget this forum is here for us to help each other overcome our struggles together.

Kot

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 04 Aug 2018 21:47 #334285

• WannabeFree
  • Expert Boarder
Day 90!

wannabefree613@gmail.com

Re: WannabeFree in 90 days 05 Aug 2018 04:50 #334295

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov! Keep it up!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes