Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: On my way... 12855 Views

Re: On my way... 20 Mar 2018 15:51 #328641

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
A. Or  because I had a long streak, I became stronger and more experienced?

B.I feel stronger and not depressed following my fall. Is it the benefit of fighting and being clean for 139?

A.CHECK, i agree because you had a long streak your say no  muscles are stronger .
B.CHECK,i agree that its the benefit of fighting and being clean for 139.and im sure youll get there again!

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Last Edit: 20 Mar 2018 15:57 by ieeyc.

Re: On my way... 22 Mar 2018 11:29 #328740

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
139 is an incredible accomplishment! Those days are yours forever. Sounds like you are in serious recovery and that your fall was very short and although unfortunate, a time to look back, see what was accomplished, learn from what happened and move on. Try to figure out what the trigger was and help prepare for that eventuality again. In reality, for many of us, this journey is like climbing a mountain. Along the way there are ditches and pits that need to be crossed to get to the top. There are also times that we need to head downhill to get to the next path heading up. Get up, shake off the dust, bandage your scratched knees and keep on climbing. May Hashem be with you and protect you.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: On my way... 04 Apr 2018 19:45 #329241

• benblum
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Everybody, thank you all for your comments.
I am trying to make my strategy and my tools stronger. I discovered in the past 2 weeks that once the yetser hara find a loophole, then it will exploit it as much as possible. One of the keys for me to fight this is to connect to people. Connect is the opposite to isolate. If I could have more fighting partners around when I feel weak or tempted, I think I could do much better! So far, I had 1 or 2 fighting partners but sometimes they are not available and this is where it gets dangerous. I wanted to ask in this forum who would be ready to be in my google hangout list. It would be totally anonymous and like this I can have many options of fighting partners to reach out. Obviously I can return the favor and if I can be helpful, it would be even more amazing Let me know what you think of this idea.

Re: On my way... 05 Apr 2018 01:12 #329256

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
hi ,sounds great,whats google hang out?

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Last Edit: 05 Apr 2018 01:14 by ieeyc.

Re: On my way... 05 Apr 2018 05:38 #329267

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Google hangout is the Google messaging system. It is an app that you can install on your phone. You only need a google account to use it so it is completely anonymous

Re: On my way... 11 Apr 2018 12:54 #329555

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Hi everybody, anyone interested in the google hangout list?

Re: On my way... 08 May 2018 13:58 #330808

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Hello everybody, this is my thread where I share my ups and downs. Well this is a down period for me. I've been doing poorly lately. Falling numerous times (last fall yesterday night). My system seems to be broken and I need fresh ideas to get back up. I would really like to have fighting partners that I can turn to when I am in difficulty. The system I use is the google hangout app on my phone. It is a chat system completely anonymous. Let me know if anyone would be interested to get the app so that I can gather several fighting partners. I need to get out of the isolation. This is the key to success in this fight. Connect!! The opposite of Isolate! Let me know.

Re: On my way... 08 May 2018 14:43 #330809

• cordnoy
benblum wrote on 08 May 2018 13:58:
Hello everybody, this is my thread where I share my ups and downs. Well this is a down period for me. I've been doing poorly lately. Falling numerous times (last fall yesterday night). My system seems to be broken and I need fresh ideas to get back up. I would really like to have fighting partners that I can turn to when I am in difficulty. The system I use is the google hangout app on my phone. It is a chat system completely anonymous. Let me know if anyone would be interested to get the app so that I can gather several fighting partners. I need to get out of the isolation. This is the key to success in this fight. Connect!! The opposite of Isolate! Let me know.

God speed! 

Imho, the key to success is to connect, but really connect. Anonymous connections are not real, and therefore, change is not real either.

Is it better than not connectin' at all? Yes, but one needs to be honest in his recovery growth.

That is what I found with myself, and I have seen that with many others as well.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: On my way... 08 May 2018 16:28 #330815

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
I agree with you. I don't think that there are meeting close to me. Is there maybe a middleground option, like phone meeting that I could try to participate too?

Re: On my way... 08 May 2018 16:45 #330817

• cordnoy
benblum wrote on 08 May 2018 16:28:
I agree with you. I don't think that there are meeting close to me. Is there maybe a middleground option, like phone meeting that I could try to participate too?

There's actually a call this afternoon@ 1:30 est. It's still anonymous unless you'd like to get more involved.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: On my way... 08 May 2018 17:00 #330818

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
How do I get in the call? What is a number to dial? Is it like a shiur or more like a meeting?

Re: On my way... 08 May 2018 17:12 #330820

• cordnoy
benblum wrote on 08 May 2018 17:00:
How do I get in the call? What is a number to dial? Is it like a shiur or more like a meeting?

sent you an email.

Re: On my way... 08 May 2018 23:29 #330828

• grateful4life
  • Current streak: 1300 days
  • Administrator
cordnoy wrote on 08 May 2018 14:43:

benblum wrote on 08 May 2018 13:58:

God speed! 

Imho, the key to success is to connect, but really connect. Anonymous connections are not real, and therefore, change is not real either.

Is it better than not connectin' at all? Yes, but one needs to be honest in his recovery growth.

That is what I found with myself, and I have seen that with many others as well.

1. My experience has been similar to Cordnoy. Real connections to people is where the real recovery is at. 
2. Just an fyi, I used to use hangouts until I received some lustful spam texts so I deleted it.

Re: On my way... 09 May 2018 01:27 #330835

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Real connection is the way to go. It is what saved me. I think you know my opinion on this.........
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: On my way... 09 May 2018 14:02 #330852

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
I understand. So what are my options for real connection especially if there are no meeting close to me?
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes