Welcome, Guest

My Book of Business
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Book of Business 136499 Views

Re: My Book of Business 02 Oct 2017 15:57 #320832

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bb0212 wrote on 01 Oct 2017 06:16:

Shivisi_Hashem wrote on 27 Sep 2017 21:00:
Day #43

Today is my first day in the last week of my Shivah Nekiyim, 1st day in my 7th week, its my 2nd time, and hopefully last time ill be at this stage, and im sooooo excited i made it till here.... GYE is my life saver, saved me from everything bad, marriage, yiddishkeit, and what not..... the support and chizuk one is getting here is huge.... Thank You all.....

should we all have a Gmar Chasimah Tova, a Healthy Wealthy and sweet year, should this YH be בטל ומבוטל for ever, it caused already so much pain for so many people.... should this year be a completely clean and sober year, no lust and any struggle in any way or shape......

Thank you all!!! Im still clean all because of you, your support, your posts, your messages and what not.. keep it up.

Let’s Stay Strong! Let’s Stay Clean! And let’s be positive and happy, Yes! We can and we will do it! And Together!

Shivisi,

Firstly, כל הכבוד לך! Your dedication to posting continuous updates is truly remarkable. Thank you for inspiring me among others! 

אמן לכל הברכות וכן למר

you wrote

no lust and any struggle in any way or shape.

Perhaps having the struggle is healthy. While I would not ask Hashem to challenge me, especially in this area, the one thing that makes us to grow stronger the most is the struggle. Picture a bodybuilder posing with weights in his hands. Are the weights in this imaginary picture 5 pound weights? No, it's probably 100 pounds. But the first time he stayed lifting weights, he may very well have stayed with 5 pounds. When that was too easy, he went up to 10 lbs. When that became too easy, he went up to 15, etc.  When the weight he was lifting stopped being a challenge, it meant two things: 1) he's stronger more than he was a few weeks before, when he couldn't lift the 5 lbs without a struggle, and now 5 lbs are easy. & 2) in order to continue growing, he must keep struggling.

II hope this makes sense, too tired to continue right now, but I think that's all I wanted to say

thanks for your points, but as they so לא מעוקצך ולא מדובשך if i wont have this struggles i wont need to get stronger in this area, so i would wish to get rid of that completely, but since i know that this is a very sweat dream, i will continue to work on myself...
Thank You
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: My Book of Business 02 Oct 2017 15:58 #320833

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 01 Oct 2017 12:02:
bb, your analogy makes sense. However we do daven "v'lo li'yedei nisayon" and in the 12 step system one asks Hashem to "take it away". Just a thought.

exactly.... 
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: My Book of Business 02 Oct 2017 16:04 #320835

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
Day #48

Today is #48, i had a great Yom Kipur, i was a different person then the past years, thank to you all, and i hope to continue to do so for another year.... i wish to stay clean, even its not that easy, i do struggle here and there, not to compare to last year, when i was out of control completely.

let stay strong, lets be positive, being and thinking positive, even right after a fall changes the entire mindset and attitude from a person, the Mitzvah of the lulev also shows that, we take together all kinds of people, even the Aravah, which taste and smells not the best, and we tell them that we all can be good, we are all good, and we all do Mitsvois together, we have to be and think positive.

Thank you all!!! Im still clean all because of you, your support, your posts, your messages and what not.. keep it up.

Let’s Stay Strong! Let’s Stay Clean! And let’s be positive and happy, Yes! We can and we will do it! And Together!

Re: My Book of Business 03 Oct 2017 16:15 #320879

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
 Day #49 - 7 full weeks - Unbelievable 

Today is my 49th day, im clean for 7 weeks now, tomorrow will be day 50, my longest stretch being clean, and the credit goes to GYE..... without you, i will be at day 1.....

for me getting here was 1) Taphsic, 2) partner, 3) a lot of thinking, before it goes out of hand, as i heard once "When you can stop you don’t want to, and when you want to stop, you can’t", what it says is 2 things, 1) that when you are not in the mood or you just dont want to act out, you can stop it, and basically, its not even a struggle, and 2) when you are in to the lust mode and white knuckling, and you want to stop it, you just cant.... and its so true, basically it boils down to מחשבה at the second this lust thoughts pops in to your head, at that second you have to make this military decision, do i want to go further or i dont want, and remember, if you let it go on for just another second, usually its a done deal, its over, and even if you didnt end up at this time, but the next time it will be harder to stop it, 

by the way i sew a good one: Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.

Re: My Book of Business 04 Oct 2017 02:42 #320898

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Keep it going!  You're energy is really inspiring:grinning:

Re: My Book of Business 04 Oct 2017 04:00 #320899

Mazel tov on breaking a personal record!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: My Book of Business 10 Oct 2017 01:40 #320975

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bb, your analogy makes sense. However we do daven "v'lo li'yedei nisayon" and in the 12 step system one asks Hashem to "take it away". Just a thought.

Great point. I stand corrected. That said, I'd change what I wrote to: while we may not want it, having a struggle can have very positive side effects. Struggles (that don't kill us) make us stronger.

Re: My Book of Business 10 Oct 2017 03:08 #320982

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • כנשר יעיר קינו, על גוזליו ירחף
Reb shivisi! Just poping by to say hello & A giten moed! There are some people in shul that never miss their daily minyan; thus whenever they don't show up it raises an eye brow (dude, I know it's sukkos now, but still..). Your post are so strong and encouraging! i hope you're doing well!

Yitz
Last Edit: 10 Oct 2017 03:41 by LoveU,Hashem.

Re: My Book of Business 10 Oct 2017 05:17 #320988

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
bb0212 wrote on 10 Oct 2017 01:40:

Great point. I stand corrected. That said, I'd change what I wrote to: while we may not want it, having a struggle can have very positive side effects. Struggles (that don't kill us) make us stronger.

Im still standing at my opinion, that if it would be in my power, i would eliminate the struggle even it makes us stronger, לא מדובשך ולא מעוקצך 

Re: My Book of Business 10 Oct 2017 05:20 #320989

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
LoveU,Hashem wrote on 10 Oct 2017 03:08:
Reb shivisi! Just poping by to say hello & A giten moed! There are some people in shul that never miss their daily minyan; thus whenever they don't show up it raises an eye brow (dude, I know it's sukkos now, but still..). Your post are so strong and encouraging! i hope you're doing well!

Yitz

Hay yitz,
thanks for the kind words, it gets me going...
Yes, im still clean, and hope to continue doing so...
im currently in upstate till after Hoshana Raba, and its very tough to write, with very limited internet connection..
will be back after sukkes iy"h
thank you...

Re: My Book of Business 10 Oct 2017 23:10 #321006

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Expert Boarder
Im happy for you! Your focus is keeping me sailing (at least for today)
I suppose very limited internet connection is a blessing.. 
May you have a blessed year!
Yitz
Last Edit: 10 Oct 2017 23:14 by LoveU,Hashem.

Re: My Book of Business 16 Oct 2017 15:06 #321130

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder

Day #62

Today is day #62, I’m finally back, I had a great and nice Yom Tov, and yes, I’m still clean, but it was hell of a job, wasn’t easy at all, I’ll admit, I had a few “almost” falls, but I got away from it, it was crazy, I was fighting a few times with my thoughts back and forth, should I or shouldn’t I, you know what I mean, but at the end, I got away clean, toughest time was, when I went with my kids to the Park Chol Hamoied, all the woman out there, it was hell not to look, what helped me was, that I knew that I’m clean for over 50 days, so why kill it, why mess with success, and also I knew I will have to admit publicly that I fell, I just couldn’t take the embarrassment, what will I write, that I had a fall, it’s too shameful…..

I was never ever clean for so long, its 62 x 1 day at a time, I never believed I will make it that long, I never believed that I have this strength, and I never thought that there is such a thing to stay clean such a long time….. without GYE I would never stayed clean, I would never have the right tools to stay clean, the support I get here, the community, its great, im clean only because of you, keep it on.

Lets focus on Today only, because “The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now” and remember “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing”

Let’s Stay Strong! Let’s Stay Clean! And let’s be positive and happy, Yes! We can and we will do it! And Together

Re: My Book of Business 16 Oct 2017 15:21 #321133

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Expert Boarder
Wohoo!!! congrats!! I am so happy for you!! Keep the fire going and may Hashem be in your way for today! 

Re: My Book of Business 17 Oct 2017 20:09 #321225

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
Day #63 - Week #9

Today is a very exciting day, its my 9th clean week, wooooooow!!!! im sooooooo excited..... i would never believe in myself that i can do that....... seeing is believing... i don't know how to celebrate..... any ideas???? i'm soo soo excited... i'm ready to dance.... i'm a little upset why i didn't know that i can do it a little bit earlier in my life, i wasted so much precious time and zer....... for nothing, just because being under the impression that im anyways lost, which was a lie.... wowow... Thank you all....

i sew in Ohr Hachaim Hakudesh last week, that we have to let go our urge/lust/חשק/תאווה first, and as long we dont let it go, it will run after us, and as soon we will let it go, it will let us alone.
כרמוז בתיבת לא תטיב שעודך מתאוה וחושק לבחינת הרע והוא אומרו ואליך תשוקתו ואתה חפץ למשול בו ולגרש אותו לבל ירבוץ לפתחך, והגם כי ה' ירצה להפרידו מעליך אבל צריך שאתה תרחיקהו מתשוקתך כי כל עוד שאדם חושק בבחינת
הרע הוא ממשילו עליו כאומרו (תהלים פא) לא יהיה בך אל זר, וכשהאדם מואס בדבריו ובעצתו זו היא השפלת
ו,
any explanation on that is welcomed 
im happy as can be, and lets all be happy, וואס שמחה קען, קען קיינער, only be positive, and only positive thinking took me to where i am now.....

Let’s Stay Strong! Let’s Stay Clean! And let’s be positive and happy, Yes! We can and we will do it! And Together

Last Edit: 17 Oct 2017 20:09 by Shivisi_Hashem.

Re: My Book of Business 17 Oct 2017 20:26 #321229

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Expert Boarder
I'm so happy for you brother!!  Congratulations!!
Time to create page: 0.91 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes