Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Here we go.... 13530 Views

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 21:22 #307286

I know.. yes I am being serious... 

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 22:03 #307291

• cordnoy
annon12345 wrote on 02 Mar 2017 21:22:

Or, then again, it might be your great sense of humor.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 22:04 #307292

cordnoy wrote on 02 Mar 2017 22:03:

annon12345 wrote on 02 Mar 2017 21:22:

Or, then again, it might be your great sense of humor.

I know sarcasm when i see it ;-) 

Re: Here we go.... 03 Mar 2017 00:12 #307296

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 02 Mar 2017 19:03:

GrowStrong wrote on 02 Mar 2017 18:51:

cordnoy wrote on 02 Mar 2017 18:34:
I believe we used to have an "add a pilegesh" poll/survey/thread.

Perhaps it's a business waitin' to be started?

Shark tank?

Shark Tank has seen more than enough bad dating apps.
Personally i think Pilegesh is a very outdated concept, did you ever hear of womens lib?
Second (third,fourth) wife is the way you want to go with this startup idea.

Maybe 5 years ago when the Men and Women's forum was combined. You came too late

Uh did you forget about yours???
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Here we go.... 03 Mar 2017 03:57 #307317

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So, annon - do you think that more validation of your superficial attributes will help you?

Re: Here we go.... 03 Mar 2017 08:51 #307343

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Loving this thread.

I don't have abs or biceps. Well maybe some biceps. But I'm slowly starting to love my body. Don't go overboard though. I hear. validation is always nice. sucks when you want but don't get. But one day when you least expect it...
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Here we go.... 03 Mar 2017 11:32 #307352

cordnoy wrote on 02 Mar 2017 18:34:
I believe we used to have an "add a pilegesh" poll/survey/thread.

Perhaps it's a business waitin' to be started?

Shark tank?

Costello: hey abbot do you know what polygamy is?
Abbot: ya dats when a guy has three wives
Costello: and you know what bigamy is then
Abbot: ya dats when a guy has two wives
Costello: do you know what its called when he has one wife
Abbot: ya dats monotony 

Re: Here we go.... 03 Mar 2017 11:39 #307353

I don't know... I think everyone can use a self esteem booster....whether the validation is on something "more meaningful" or something more superficial.... 
If someone invests the time and energy in losing 50 lbs he wants to be validated he wants the compliments and ppl to say "hey wheres the other half of you" etc...

I think the desire for validation is a corollary to the amount of effort the person put in. The more I work at something the more I want people to notice... otherwise I am wasting a ton of time.... come to think of it especially if its superficial... where the byproduct of my investment is almost entirely for the reaction (with weight loss and working out there is a part that is connected to health .... but once you start looking in that mirror ... or noticing that your pants are way too big on you ... it feels awesome and you want other ppl to tell you that as well..) its only natural... i think :-D

So yeah... when people are seeking validation and dont get it in their normal circles is it so shvach to think theyll go outside their circles to get it? wherever that may be?? 

Re: Here we go.... 03 Mar 2017 12:26 #307358

Ugh really stressed today!! work driving me nuts... my boss (a shaigitz) is mamesh a mamzer and a rodef .....alotta things all at once .... b"h shabbos is coming!! 
Queue Abie rottenberg "The sun is going down......shining through the trees...another weeks gone by..."

Re: Here we go.... 06 Mar 2017 08:45 #307555

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
He's probably also a koifer b'ikar and a moreid b'malchus.

But I hope you're seeing him panim el panim.....
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Here we go.... 06 Mar 2017 23:48 #307610

@annon, I'm not an authority on anything, let alone on life itself. However, I like whenever people post on my thread, even when the content isn't unbelievably earth-shattering. So on the off chance that this principle of enjoying all posts is applicable to you... 

Firstly, I think doing anything with approval as the primary motivator is a super dangerous road to walk on. It just can't be healthy. 

Secondly, even if validation was something worth pursuing, pinning your problems/unhappiness on your lack of obtaining it is a mistake. It's no different than someone saying he'll be happy when he has money, a wife, or a new job. 

Chances are, your unhappiness has nothing to do with something you don't have. Think about all the things you've gotten over the years, have they given you a lasting happiness?

If someone complimented your body everyday would you be content with your life? 

Maybe look at this post as a suit off the rack, might not fit perfectly, but may be of some use after some tailoring. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Here we go.... 07 Mar 2017 13:51 #307668

Ihavenostrength wrote on 06 Mar 2017 23:48:
@annon, I'm not an authority on anything, let alone on life itself. However, I like whenever people post on my thread, even when the content isn't unbelievably earth-shattering. So on the off chance that this principle of enjoying all posts is applicable to you... 

Firstly, I think doing anything with approval as the primary motivator is a super dangerous road to walk on. It just can't be healthy. 

Not sure what you mean or what you are applying that to.  
Secondly, even if validation was something worth pursuing, pinning your problems/unhappiness on your lack of obtaining it is a mistake. It's no different than someone saying he'll be happy when he has money, a wife, or a new job. 

We pursue validation... it is natural... it is subconscious ... attributing "acting out" as a means of seeking validation IMHO is just being honest with myself and understanding my negeyos and triggers... I am not actively causing a desire for validation... that is a by product of life and circumstance

Chances are, your unhappiness has nothing to do with something you don't have. Think about all the things you've gotten over the years, have they given you a lasting happiness?
I never mentioned unhappiness ;-) I am a very happy person just battling a very difficult nisoyan.

If someone complimented your body everyday would you be content with your life? 
I am B"H very content with my life... I think you misread my posts... or took it to a tone it was not intended...
My seeking validation is a result of working very hard and putting in a lot of effort for something and not receiving validation or acknowledgement. Having someone recognize my efforts or even acknowledging them is helpful in so much as it doesn't trigger a desire to look for that validation elsewhere. 

Maybe look at this post as a suit off the rack, might not fit perfectly, but may be of some use after some tailoring. 

Re: Here we go.... 07 Mar 2017 15:38 #307689

Oops. Guess I was a bit off. Ok, maybe more than a bit. Anyways, best of luck with overcoming this. May you look back on these days as a time of real growth. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Here we go.... 07 Mar 2017 16:16 #307697

Ihavenostrength wrote on 07 Mar 2017 15:38:
Oops. Guess I was a bit off. Ok, maybe more than a bit. Anyways, best of luck with overcoming this. May you look back on these days as a time of real growth. 

:-) 
Thanks

Re: Here we go.... 08 Mar 2017 19:29 #307811

A gutten erev Taanis Esther
Baruch Hashem feeling very energized, getting so much chizuk from the forum ba"h
(gives me something to do at work when there's some downtime instead of reading news and following the links into the abyss :-D )
Many thanks to everyone :-) 
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes