Welcome, Guest

Journey of one day at a time
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Journey of one day at a time 143852 Views

Re: Journey of one day at a time 06 Aug 2017 14:19 #318364

Day 17/18: "What consumes your mind, controls your life."
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Journey of one day at a time 06 Aug 2017 16:22 #318368

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 06 Aug 2017 14:19:
Day 17/18: "What consumes your mind, controls your life."

You're just a goddang philosopher these days
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Journey of one day at a time 07 Aug 2017 13:53 #318392

Day 19: Slipped a bit yesterday. Luckily my shoes have great traction so I didn't fall. Ain't gonna be walking on ice anymore though. 

Random note: Sounds cheesy, but to be successful in this area or in any area you gotta believe you can do it. Makes a big difference in my experience. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 09 Aug 2017 01:09 #318485

Day 20: Talked to some great guys today, thank G-d. Don't want to to jinx it, but taphsic actually worked for me today. Anyways is there a light at the end of the tunnel here? You gotta believe it people. G-d runs the whole darn world. He ain't gonna walk out on me now. I don't deserve jack squat, but no matter what I'd do I still wouldn't deserve anything. im tzadakta ma tiyten lo uma miyadi tikach?  Haloh kol hagiborim kiayin lifanecha? 

Point is, if I would have planned my life I would have made it different. But how my life is right now is totally out of my control. It already happened. Now  comes acceptance. G-d knows what the hell he is doing. It's my job to act now. I sure as hell am going to. I will stop at nothing to beat this. Or surrender it, whichever you prefer.  

Peace

I wish everyone the most blessed night of their lives.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 09 Aug 2017 02:19 #318489

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 09 Aug 2017 01:09:
Day 20: Talked to some great guys today, thank G-d. Don't want to to jinx it, but taphsic actually worked for me today. Anyways is there a light at the end of the tunnel here? You gotta believe it people. G-d runs the whole darn world. He ain't gonna walk out on me now. I don't deserve jack squat, but no matter what I'd do I still wouldn't deserve anything. im tzadakta ma tiyten lo uma miyadi tikach?  Haloh kol hagiborim kiayin lifanecha? 

Point is, if I would have planned my life I would have made it different. But how my life is right now is totally out of my control. It already happened. Now  comes acceptance. G-d knows what the hell he is doing. It's my job to act now. I sure as hell am going to. I will stop at nothing to beat this. Or surrender it, whichever you prefer.  

Peace

Dude. It was great talking to you.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 09 Aug 2017 08:39 #318499

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Shlomo24 wrote on 09 Aug 2017 02:19:

Ihavestrength wrote on 09 Aug 2017 01:09:

Peace

Dude. It was great talking to you.

Ditto!
Love both you guys

Re: Journey of one day at a time 09 Aug 2017 14:48 #318507

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I love you too, buddy.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 09 Aug 2017 22:54 #318548

Day 21: Called into the noon call today. Going to read the Big book tonight G-d willing. 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 10 Aug 2017 13:49 #318574

Day 22: Called into morning call today. Read through the steps in the big book last night. Also read one of the stories and the twelve traditions. 

Great day people! 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 10 Aug 2017 15:16 #318580

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 10 Aug 2017 13:49:
Day 22: Called into morning call today. Read through the steps in the big book last night. Also read one of the stories and the twelve traditions. 

Great day people! 

Keep up the great work!

Re: Journey of one day at a time 11 Aug 2017 16:04 #318663

Day 23: This is my longest streak (by a bit) since my fall after 85 days. That's nice I guess. Nothing new really. Called into morning call today.

Re: Journey of one day at a time 11 Aug 2017 16:48 #318667

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 11 Aug 2017 16:04:
Day 23: This is my longest streak (by a bit) since my fall after 85 days. That's nice I guess. Nothing new really. Called into morning call today.

Wow, 23 days, its huge, dont underestimate yourself, every clean moment means a lot up there, hashem counts every bit.
keep it up brother..
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: Journey of one day at a time 13 Aug 2017 01:15 #318694

Day 24: Listened to first in Dov's series on the 12 steps on Friday. It was an overview of all the steps. Going to listen to the talk on step 1 tonight G-d willing. 

Gut voch!

Re: Journey of one day at a time 14 Aug 2017 01:09 #318735

Day 25: Looking forward to the call tomorrow morning. 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 14 Aug 2017 01:35 #318737

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
Slow and Steady, looks like you've got a nice rhythm going there. Taking real, concrete steps to success!

one foot in front of the other, odaat style.

Day 23: This is my longest streak (by a bit) since my fall after 85 days. That's nice I guess. Nothing new really.​

DAY 23: ... after 85 DAYS...

Hatzlacha!  
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes