Welcome, Guest

I will make it b'e"h
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I will make it b'e"h 227026 Views

Re: I will make it b'e"h 02 Jan 2018 18:40 #324584

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree though I do not always see such success with it
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: I will make it b'e"h 02 Jan 2018 19:14 #324585

• tzaddik212
  • Current streak: 241 days
  • Banned
  • אנא עבדא דקוב"ה
Tefiilah has two parts to itself.  1. Asking Hashem your needs and your wishes.    2. Asking yourself to become close to Hashem. 
With this concept the Seforim Hakdoshim explains, why is there a need to Daven, isnt what is happening the ratzon Hashem, and they answer, that whatever hashem does is to wake us up to daven to him, and to connect to him. to realize that he is the front driver, and that were all here to do his will. and we humble ourselves to him and to his torah and mitzvos.  and when we do so sincerely it is proven that it helps. The vilne gaon writes, that Hashem had put into the  Teva that Tefilah helps. and whoever does not believe in it, there was a public proof for that 2 weeks ago on Zos Chanukah that we all saw how the 2 parts of teffilah helped to get Rubashkin out of prison.  and Rubahskin was a public proof, but there is private proofs on a daily basis. 
Check out my recovery story at: guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/323855-Re-What-got-me-to-day-92#323859
Feel free to send me an Email at: zestful718@hotmail.com

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 01:03 #324608

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 02 Jan 2018 18:40:
I agree though I do not always see such success with it

I think that a tefilah like this helps even b'gashmius, cuz by this you point out that this is very important to you and you need help about it, you know there is a chance to fall, so when you involve Hashem it makes you more focused & in a fighting mode so you won't give in easy.

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 01:49 #324610

• tzaddik212
  • Banned
  • אנא עבדא דקוב"ה
well this was part of my point, that when Mayan Hamisgaber Davened not to fall, besides that he asked Hashem a tefila, he as well put himself into a place the he doesnt want to fall, and that is the two components of teffilah i mentioned before.
Check out my recovery story at: guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/323855-Re-What-got-me-to-day-92#323859

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 18:08 #324643

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
I have a confession to make
There is a certain site that gets thru my filter that I can watch trailers of movies nothing xxx but enough that I know it makes my struggle so much harder.
I hereby commit to not going on to that site for the next month bl"n.

I need to do this now as stress is most likely to happen just before a major move and I need to help myself as much as I can. And yes I will call someone from my contacts when I need to vent or cry or whatever. 
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 18:32 #324644

• cordnoy
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 03 Jan 2018 18:08:
There is a certain site that gets thru my filter that I can watch trailers of movies nothing xxx but enough that I know it makes my struggle so much harder.

I need to do this now as stress is most likely to happen just before a major move and I need to help myself as much as I can. And yes I will call someone from my contacts when I need to vent or cry or whatever. 

Remind me please to post about the difference between a confession and admittin' our defects.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 18:47 #324646

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 03 Jan 2018 18:32:

Remind me please to post about the difference between a confession and admittin' our defects.

I am remindin' you

I thought it was a confession because I was and am hiding this from my wife (guess I did not do such a good job confessing to her...) my defect is that I am still lyin' to everyone includin' myself

Waiting to here your explanation 

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 19:01 #324647

• tzaddik212
  • Banned
  • אנא עבדא דקוב"ה
Regardless if it is a Confession or an Admission, Mayan Hamisgaber I wish You success in your new Kabalah, and may you always be pure and clean.
It is time to stop to be Medakdek on others terminology, Lets leave the Lomdos and the Dikdukim for the Beis Medrosh.
What works for me when i am stressed, is that i bring Hashem in the stress, and i do my chores according to Hashem priorities. What would hashem wants me to do first, and another tool i use, is that i "Let God, Let go". I cannot control my outcomes, and i am not trying o control other,s i am only striving to be the best that Hashem intended me to be. 

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 19:13 #324648

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Amen

I am only holding where I am because I have been trying to understand what people here have been telling me.

Unfortunately "letting go" does not work for me  and I do not want to elaborate on this right now

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 19:55 #324652

• cordnoy
tzaddik212 wrote on 03 Jan 2018 19:01:
Regardless if it is a Confession or an Admission, Mayan Hamisgaber I wish You success in your new Kabalah, and may you always be pure and clean.
It is time to stop to be Medakdek on others terminology, Lets leave the Lomdos and the Dikdukim for the Beis Medrosh.
What works for me when i am stressed, is that i bring Hashem in the stress, and i do my chores according to Hashem priorities. What would hashem wants me to do first, and another tool i use, is that i "Let God, Let go". I cannot control my outcomes, and i am not trying o control other,s i am only striving to be the best that Hashem intended me to be. 

Actually, terminology and wordin' is extremely important, especially when it is definin' someone's mindset.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 21:45 #324656

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
As long as nobody takes it personal...

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 21:58 #324658

• cordnoy
youcan wrote on 03 Jan 2018 21:45:
As long as nobody takes it personal...

Especially when they take it personal.

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 22:04 #324659

• tzaddik212
  • Banned
  • אנא עבדא דקוב"ה
Haha Cordnoy, youre tough.

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 22:52 #324661

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder

I think I have the same hole in my filter- and I love movie trailers. I stopped going there Because it makes things too difficult. However, you should know that if we share the same floor there is a way to lock it down also although I haven’t found it necessary to do that

Re: I will make it b'e"h 03 Jan 2018 23:48 #324666

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • כנשר יעיר קינו, על גוזליו ירחף
Nu cord??

Get it out. The oilem is waitn'...

(I still need an elaborate explanation of this n' tendency of yours..)
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes