Welcome, Guest

Singularity's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Singularity's Journey 106992 Views

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Apr 2017 17:38 #310852

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Shlomo simple and down to earth 

missed you on the non call this week...
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Apr 2017 21:14 #310874

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
There was a non-call! 
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Apr 2017 21:33 #310876

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah I only found out sunday but I tried every 1/2 hr ....
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Apr 2017 22:12 #310882

• cordnoy
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 19 Apr 2017 21:33:

Sorry.

Wasn'tI there an email?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Apr 2017 22:51 #310883

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
There was.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Singularity's Journey 20 Apr 2017 08:17 #310906

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Thanks, Shlomo

Inspired by this, I will make a commitment b"n to try and keep my glasses off at all times where I'm not at my computer or with my wife at home. Or other safe places like shul etc.

I battle with it, ah but it's just a walk up from shul on a quiet road, ah, it's just the kiddush, ah, ah ah, ooh.

So I should just make it an absolute rule. It would help a lot. 

Also I'm trying an SA meeting tonight PG
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 20 Apr 2017 13:28 #310922

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I think I know the other guy from that meeting. 

Re: Singularity's Journey 20 Apr 2017 14:40 #310929

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 19 Apr 2017 22:12:

MayanHamisgaber wrote on 19 Apr 2017 21:33:

Sorry.

Wasn't there an email?

NP there was an email but I wasn't by the comp. so didn't see it till sunday....

Re: Singularity's Journey 25 Apr 2017 13:29 #311410

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Baruch Hashem, I have managed to surrender a little better these last two days.

I went for a run after 2 weeks of sick-keit
I am in a night kollel! That pays! BH!!!-- It's part of the "God Grant me the ... courage to change the things I can...."

And morning learning was not fluid at all. And I gotta learn somthin' 

Keeping pace. Trying to be grateful and assume my role in the world, calmly, a father, husband, son.

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 02 May 2017 09:12 #312075

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
A few points:

Friday night, after ping pong with the kids (switching beds, putting to sleep) all night, I felt I reached an even deeper level of surrender, that this is my tachlis right now. It brought a lot of serenity and the next day was wonderful.

Someone complimented me on my learning Saturday night and my first reaction was NOT to be overly-humble, but to say "BH He gave me a good mind, and I've put in lots and lots of effort, too". The honest humility is a non-trigger, and I like it.

At the SAA meeting last night, I resolved the word "should" is toxic to me. I try live in the reality of the now, and try consider any situation not as good or bad, but simply what is actually transpiring. Then I hope I can be unbiased in going into real issues. 
My addict lives in what should be right now. What I should be doing and how things should turn out. There is no should. There is just is.

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 02 May 2017 09:19 #312076

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
You should have success remembering this.

Re: Singularity's Journey 02 May 2017 11:27 #312080

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Singularity wrote on 02 May 2017 09:12:
A few points:

Friday night, after ping pong with the kids (switching beds, putting to sleep) all night, I felt I reached an even deeper level of surrender, that this is my tachlis right now. It brought a lot of serenity and the next day was wonderful.

Someone complimented me on my learning Saturday night and my first reaction was NOT to be overly-humble, but to say "BH He gave me a good mind, and I've put in lots and lots of effort, too". The honest humility is a non-trigger, and I like it.

At the SAA meeting last night, I resolved the word "should" is toxic to me. I try live in the reality of the now, and try consider any situation not as good or bad, but simply what is actually transpiring. Then I hope I can be unbiased in going into real issues. 
My addict lives in what should be right now. What I should be doing and how things should turn out. There is no should. There is just is.

Thanks for the share. Beautiful thought. A real goal for all of humanity. Imagine the stress free world we would live in if everyone attained that. Many of our gedolei Yisroel were real examples of that. Their awesome yishuv ha'daas was very much due to their deep belief that Hashem wanted them to focus only on what He wanted from them at that particular moment. By the ones i was zoche to meet, it was as if time stopped when speaking with them. It was as if they had nothing else on their minds at that moment.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Singularity's Journey 02 May 2017 13:19 #312095

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I love the point about should. I have friends who are obsessed with not saying the word. Their saying is "we avoid should statements." Me being me, I go to the opposite and deliberately say the word should around them. Or I'll point out where the literature says the word should.

Last Edit: 02 May 2017 13:20 by shlomo24.

Re: Singularity's Journey 02 May 2017 13:33 #312098

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Shlomo24 wrote on 02 May 2017 13:19:
I love the point about should. I have friends who are obsessed with not saying the word. Their saying is "we avoid should statements." Me being me, I go to the opposite and deliberately say the word should around them. Or I'll point out where the literature says the word should.

Funny...
128 times

This should suggest a useful program for any­ one concerned with a drinking problem

Re: Singularity's Journey 03 May 2017 02:25 #312169

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
GrowStrong wrote on 02 May 2017 13:33:

Shlomo24 wrote on 02 May 2017 13:19:

Funny...
128 times

This should suggest a useful program for any­ one concerned with a drinking problem

Should can be a tyrannical word- because we have so many shoulds and it makes us feel bad. But should we get rid of should so we should not feel bad? Aren't there things that we should do? Shouldn't we say that we should?
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes