Welcome, Guest

This is it - 90 Days here I come!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 32491 Views

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 28 Oct 2011 10:05 #123164

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Good to hear you are still sober. Less than a month since Yom Kippur and Succos.
Stay clean and get to 90!
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Last Edit: by .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 28 Oct 2011 17:54 #123253

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gotta stay strong and move ahead. Rosh Chodesh is a zman of hischadchus. Let the heartaches of the past fall away and look forward to the glorious future! Gut Chodesh everyone and have a great Shabbos!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 30 Oct 2011 05:20 #123315

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, this Shabbos was pretty darn difficult. I got the closest to falling I have ever gotten to in this campaign. Too much lying on the back and letting hands and mind wander. It's really a miracle that I didn't go all the way to hotzaas zera chas veshalom. I had an emotional letdown recently that really got me depressed and I just got so drawn to my old medication that it was extremely hard to say no. I added on to my neder and am not allowing myself to even lie on my back.

I couldn't help myself and I talked with HER again. Nothing sexual to her. Just shmoozing. I have a feeling I'm going to lose and not make it to 90...

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 30 Oct 2011 05:58 #123317

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up NOYA. If I may say so, acting out is not geshmack at all. It is really awful and disgusting, not to mention stupid and infantile. I think you will agree that it is never satisfying and it is so much better not to act out. That way you can live with happiness and avoid guilt.

We are all rooting for you. THIS time you WILL make it to 90.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 30 Oct 2011 23:54 #123390

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Blind Beggar. You are absolutely right. Those words sound so familiar... I'm feeling better overall. The weather has a big effect on my overall mood I find. Today was a gorgeous day, so I felt good, and I'm getting over whatever disappointments faced me a few a days ago. Things are turning around and good things are coming into my life again. I haven't technically acted out, so I guess I'm technically still on the chart, although I violated my personal code of 90 days falling by contacting the girlie. Since we didn't sext, I guess bedieved I'll keep on the chart, which means I only have 5 days left.

I feel good, though, and feel like the threat went away. I feel more at peace and that taivah is further away than it was. I just have to keep my head down for the next few days and hopefully I'll emerge victorious!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 31 Oct 2011 14:18 #123450

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know if I'm still okay or not. I ended up shmoozing with her again last night, and this time it got inappropriate. It wasn't classic what we used to do together, but it was inappropriate nonetheless. She asked me for details about some sexual thing, and we talked about that for a while, and we both were kind of dancing around, both wanting to really sext, but not quite getting there. It was a lot of nivul peh, speaking about inappropriate things without actually getting personal. We were kind of starting to act something out together, and she was starting to play along, but then my roommate saved the day by coming in.

Not sure what that counts as. I didn't get that aroused from it, and I wasn't motzi zera from it either, but I'm not sure if that counts as a true fall or not. I'm just upset about doing something like that. Now I just feel hurt and stupid, and I wanted to stop beating around the bush and actually act out. I know that I'll only feel much worse if I do that, though. I don't know what to do...

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 31 Oct 2011 14:43 #123458

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Dear Noya,

Sounds like you need to get off this slippery slope.

Keep in mind what someone who I respect a great deal once said about falling: "It wasn't geshmack at all. It was awful. It was disgusting. It was stupid and infantile. It wasn't satisfying ... it's so much better not acting out, and living in happiness without guilt." 
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 31 Oct 2011 14:56 #123461

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds like a slip to me, but if you slip too much.................
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 31 Oct 2011 15:07 #123462

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
NOYA, we are all standing behind you.

We are cheering you on!!!

Go, NOYA, Go ! ! !                  Go, NOYA, Go ! ! !                  Go, NOYA, Go ! ! !                  Go, NOYA, Go ! ! !                 

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 02 Nov 2011 12:27 #123837

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Noya!

How are you today?

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 02 Nov 2011 13:53 #123848

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
I am doing okay I guess. I feel like I'm white-knuckling a lot. I feel like I'm just waiting for 90 days to end so I can go crazy again. It's hard to let go. What happened to my menuchas hanefesh I had about a week ago? Is it because I'm resenting not being able to learn so much this week? I'm not sure, but I'm definitely lusting a lot. I want to do bad things. I want to fool around with girls.

It's not what I really want though. I really want love and intimacy, not just a fling. Right now I think I just want a fling, though, so it's hard to figure myself out now. G-d, give me strength. Show me the way. I give up control of my life to you. Help me to focus on other things and to forget about these taivos!

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 02 Nov 2011 16:13 #123878

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
NOYA wrote on 02 Nov 2011 13:53:

I am doing okay I guess. I feel like I'm white-knuckling a lot. I feel like I'm just waiting for 90 days to end so I can go crazy again.

That's the downside of the 90 day chart .

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 02 Nov 2011 17:05 #123892

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just remember, it's not over when you reach 90, it's just a checkpoint on the road to a lifetime of Kedusha.

So keep on trucking, and watch out for those icy patches!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Nov 2011 11:53 #124045

• nebulamud
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hi NOYA, I had no idea that this whole post even existed. It's amazing. I just wanted to give you my support, and repeat what Guard said to you two years ago on this very post (page 1)

guardureyes wrote on 16 Nov 2009 12:08:

...You need to bite that bullet and not give in, even if you feel like you will die. And I promise, you WON'T die. It takes a certain level of messiras nefesh, but when a person is ready to go to that length even when the pain gets to Level 2 and he refuses to give in, Hashem often gives us special siyata dishmaya and releases us from the powerful grip of the addiction.

I think that this is a very powerful statement. The yetzer makes us go so crazy when we get past a certain point and tells us that it will always be this way, and we may as well give in. HE IS WRONG! This stuff will go away, I have seen that in myself from when I have been sucessful in the past. Just keep doing what you have been doing, and just ignore that yetzers nonsense. It won't always feel like it does.
NebulaMud

Re: This is it - 90 Days here I come! 03 Nov 2011 14:39 #124069

• yona18
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, here we are, Day 90. I woke up with huge taivos, and I was thinking about them basically until shmoneh esrai. Then I asked Hashem to help me and I told Him I was letting go of the taivos. You can have them. I felt a lot better after that. I still feel them in me somewhere but they went away from being strong today to just being in the back of my mind.

I'm not feeling the tremendous kedusha and inspiration I was hoping for today, but we'll see what happens I guess. If I mess up today that would be really embarrassing. Wish me luck!
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes