Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Here goes 3552 Views

Re: Here goes 08 Mar 2016 21:10 #280694

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Anonbrother613 wrote on 08 Mar 2016 18:23:
Hey Cordnoy,

In response to your first question, a bit of a background: I have an iPhone and a laptop, both with access to the internet. For my laptop, I have k9, a very basic filter, basically to stop popups, and accountability software, which watches over everything and is set to alert even seemingly innocuous stuff (to my wife). On my iPhone tho, even though Safari is locked and the App Store is locked (my wife has the passwords), any other app that has an inbuilt browser can access the internet unwatched. When I first found this out (and had a fall), I made a condition with myself: if I used an app for nefarious purposes, then I would delete it. This worked well, as I would not want to delete my apps (say, sport apps). A couple of times I fell, and followed thru and deleted the apps. But then, sometimes, when the desire would hit, I would go thru the seemingly innocuos looking apps and figure how to use them to access the wider web. For example, Waze.

So when I said one click, what I meant was one inappropriate image, which would incite the lust, which would incite the motive to look for loopholes.

For the record, I have very few apps left There is only one that I know would allow me unfiltered access to the Web, but it is a sports app that I use everyday and I don't want to lose it. 

In regards to your second question: When I said that lust a yetzer Hara and not just an addiction, what I mean is that it differs from, say, alcohol. Alcohol can be used safely in moderation; for many people, it's not addictive and safe. But lust is different.....even a minute amount is tried. Additionally, I presume that every single male in the world is at risk of addiction, in contrast to say alcohol, where one has a predilection towards addiction and the other doesn't. Therefore, the walls we have to create against lust are much higher. And that's why I'm doing my best to wean myself off of movies, the internet, and secular culture in general.

Anyways, this is the end of my soliloquy. Let me know what you think.

There is a simple way to solve your phone issue. I had a similar issue. You can either call a TAG office and ask them to help you (let me know if you don't know what that is) or set restrictions on surfing on settings on youth. It will keep most bad websites off limits. Or you can even set it to white list.

Re: Here goes 08 Mar 2016 22:59 #280707

• cordnoy
Thank you.

So you don't really have a filter?
I have what to say on the comparisons and contrast between lust and alcohol. I once asked Dov for several sentences on it. Regardless, it is not good for my sobriety to delve into this right now, so I will let others debate it to death.

B'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes