Welcome, Guest

neuron_redux 90 days round 2
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 2246 Views

neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 06:05 #255175

• neuron_redux
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Fresh Boarder
94% of my 2014 days were mentally and physically sober.

I just finished 4.5 months, and had a relapse that began Friday night with edging, continued Saturday with edging, and consummated Sunday night.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 09:58 #255179

• cordnoy
welcome,
sorry to hear about that.
lookin' forward to hear about your recovery tactics.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 19:50 #255240

• skeptical
Welcome to GYE!

What's your approach?

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 19:51 #255241

• neuron_redux
  • Fresh Boarder
btw it took over 4 years since first crawling into the office of a therapist thoroughly confused about whether 40 to 50 hours a week was a problem, 3 years in SA, and 8 months of being off work to scratch out 4.5 months of real sobriety and begin to grasp and to grok recovery. Getting sobriety and recovery is brutal, but worth it. And the alternative is ghastly, ghoulish, gutting anyway.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 19:59 #255242

• neuron_redux
  • Fresh Boarder
How come a moderator is skeptical? Skeptical of this?

What is my approach?

A therapist, gentle as a lamb, saw the agony beneath the desperado barely surviving life as a left-brained automaton (engineer), and spoke to the "child" hiding inside. I have no idea how they do this. He coaxed me into SA, and a sponsor, also as meek as a lamb, created a safe relationship.

Eight months of leave (so far) has helped me face step 4.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 20:04 #255243

• skeptical
Are you skeptical that a moderator can be skeptical of things he's skeptical about?

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 20:36 #255244

• cordnoy
neuron_redux wrote:
btw it took over 4 years since first crawling into the office of a therapist thoroughly confused about whether 40 to 50 hours a week was a problem, 3 years in SA, and 8 months of being off work to scratch out 4.5 months of real sobriety and begin to grasp and to grok recovery. Getting sobriety and recovery is brutal, but worth it. And the alternative is ghastly, ghoulish, gutting anyway.

Amen!
Ain't dat the truth!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 22:34 #255250

• neuron_redux
  • Fresh Boarder
I would not work with a sponsor who did not believe sobriety or recovery were truly possible. I do not know what you are skeptical about, but I assume your chosen moniker is contextual. To me it is poor taste in this context.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 21 May 2015 23:31 #255252

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. Great to hear of your significant stretch of sobriety. It came with effort and you articulated how you feel it is so worth it. About skeptical?

wait till he answers and if he answers then comment- prejudging is never wise - and he certainly deserves more.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 22 May 2015 00:16 #255253

I see the gloves are off. I know Skep is caring honest and real. I believe Skeptical was the name he started wìth and his success made him confident in the strides you can make working the steps. The name stayed to demonstrate that even skeptics who honestly work the steps will become believers when they see their efforts meet with success.
It helped me stay in the game although I dont understand all the principles.
My heart aches for you as I am too scared to imagine the pain of your fall.
All the very best. You are truly brave dusting off and getting back in the game.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 22 May 2015 04:51 #255264

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome back, chaver. Thanks for your honesty and I totally relate.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 22 May 2015 04:52 #255265

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
This may be the post of the year. Thank you.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 22 May 2015 15:32 #255300

• skeptical
neuron_redux
I would not work with a sponsor who did not believe sobriety or recovery were truly possible. I do not know what you are skeptical about, but I assume your chosen moniker is contextual. To me it is poor taste in this context.

Talk about judging a book by its cover.

Anyway, I'm not here to sponsor anyone.

I'm a regular person who just so happens to volunteer on a site that has, and continues to help me.

A Moderator is one who helps to ensure content and people are safe. That is all.

I also share my experiences when asked (and sometimes when not).

Hatzlacha!

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 22 May 2015 15:52 #255302

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe we're supposed to always be skeptical of ourselves.
Al taamin be'atzmecha ad Yom moscha.
Skeptical how much sanity we have, skeptical about our ability to withstand tests, skeptical of the purity of our actions, and skeptical just like it suggests in korbonos: mah anachnu, meh chayeinu, meh chasdeinu, ma tzidkoseinu, mah gevuraseinu, etc.
And by the way, you Neuron-redux, you've got an awfully scientific sounding name. I will have to find a bigger dictionary.

Re: neuron_redux 90 days round 2 22 May 2015 19:36 #255324

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
neuron_redux - we haven't heard from you. I hope the little give and take between us didn't scare you away. You have tackled bigger deals than this silly little squabble if it is even that.
Your sobriety is most important and even though I officially speak for no one but myself I am sure all the men here would appreciate being part of your growth.

Make our day and please join us.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes