Welcome, Guest

(BIG) LONG SHOT!?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: (BIG) LONG SHOT!? 42586 Views

Re: BIG SHOT!? 10 Aug 2015 23:12 #261367

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy
Crying to who?
What will it help?

Oh come on. When my father was nifter a few years ago I cried. One may ask, Crying to who? What will it help?. It won't bring him back but I still want to cry. Maybe you'll tell me that this site is strictly for growth and there is no room for silly emotions, but then why do we encourage and sympathize with each other if not to deal with the emotional side. I fell and i'm sad about it. Angry at myself may be a better word. It's an emotion that needs to be dealt with even if it's not necessarily positive. The emoticon's are there to help us convey our feelings.
That said, maybe you don't disagree but was just pointing out that crying alone won't solve any problems.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: BIG SHOT!? 10 Aug 2015 23:48 #261375

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote:
cordnoy
Crying to who?
What will it help?

Oh come on. When my father was nifter a few years ago I cried. One may ask, Crying to who? What will it help?. It won't bring him back but I still want to cry. Maybe you'll tell me that this site is strictly for growth and there is no room for silly emotions, but then why do we encourage and sympathize with each other if not to deal with the emotional side. I fell and i'm sad about it. Angry at myself may be a better word. It's an emotion that needs to be dealt with even if it's not necessarily positive. The emoticon's are there to help us convey our feelings.
That said, maybe you don't disagree but was just pointing out that crying alone won't solve any problems.

There are distinction between the cases but I won't argue the point.

My main point is to focus on the future and not dwell on the past.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Aug 2015 22:06 #261993

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy
Crying to who?
What will it help?

SG

cordnoy

Sorry for sounding so harsh. I'm upset at my self so I'm lashing out at those trying to help me.
Like serenity wrote ( guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/243599-Glad-to-be-here?limit=15&start=285#261891 ) I don't blame anyone else for my problems, except myself, and that is slowly (and faster) chipping away at my self esteem. But as serenity very appropriately pointed out... I cant write it as eloquently. Just check out the link.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Aug 2015 22:10 #261995

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote:
cordnoy
Crying to who?
What will it help?

SG

cordnoy

Sorry for sounding so harsh. I'm upset at my self so I'm lashing out at those trying to help me.
Like serenity wrote ( guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/243599-Glad-to-be-here?limit=15&start=285#261891 ) I don't blame anyone else for my problems, except myself, and that is slowly (and faster) chipping away at my self esteem. But as serenity very appropriately pointed out... I cant write it as eloquently. Just check out the link.

Lash out at me.....that's fine. Firstly I deserve it, and secondly, my ego is so large, it bounces right off.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Aug 2015 22:32 #262002

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Cordnoy
Lash out at me.....that's fine. Firstly I deserve it, and secondly, my ego is so large, it bounces right off.

I always knew that I can count on you. I highly doubt that you "deserve it" more then me, (or probable most people here) about the ego...

Agav, I really like TalmidChaim's take on ego's
guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/253572-BIG-SHOT#253658
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 17 Aug 2015 22:34 by stillgoing.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 19 Aug 2015 23:49 #262333

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Just a thought about recent debates that have been raging on another thread lately.
Dale Carnegie
As wise old Ben Franklin used to say:
If you argue and rankle and contradict, you may achieve a victory
sometimes; but it will be an empty victory because you will never get
your opponent's good will.
So figure it out for yourself. Which would you rather have, an
academic, theatrical victory or a person's good will? You can seldom
have both.
The Boston Transcript once printed this bit of significant doggerel:
Here lies the body of William Jay, . Who died maintaining his right of
way-He was right, dead right, as he sped along, But he's just as
dead as if he were wrong.
You may be right, dead right, as you speed along in your argument;
but as far as changing another's mind is concerned, you will probably
be just as futile as if you were wrong.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 19 Aug 2015 23:49 by stillgoing.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 20 Aug 2015 00:20 #262338

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote:
Just a thought about recent debates that have been raging on another thread lately.
Dale Carnegie
As wise old Ben Franklin used to say:
If you argue and rankle and contradict, you may achieve a victory
sometimes; but it will be an empty victory because you will never get
your opponent's good will.
So figure it out for yourself. Which would you rather have, an
academic, theatrical victory or a person's good will? You can seldom
have both.
The Boston Transcript once printed this bit of significant doggerel:
Here lies the body of William Jay, . Who died maintaining his right of
way-He was right, dead right, as he sped along, But he's just as
dead as if he were wrong.
You may be right, dead right, as you speed along in your argument;
but as far as changing another's mind is concerned, you will probably
be just as futile as if you were wrong.

Good stuff; I hear, but......

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Sep 2015 23:01 #264071

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
sree
ohhh
ohhh

(Cords, does it work?)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: BIG SHOT!? 18 Sep 2015 01:45 #264094

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote:
sree
ohhh
ohhh

(Cords, does it work?)

maybe.....
but for you....

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Jan 2016 23:12 #274646

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote:
sree
ohhh
ohhh

(Cords, does it work?)

for
ohhh
ohhh

how about now?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Jan 2016 23:18 #274647

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote:
stillgoing wrote:
sree
ohhh
ohhh

(Cords, does it work?)

for
ohhh
ohhh

how about now?

You're gettin' the hang of it....Now for the pics.....

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Jan 2016 23:28 #274649

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
stillgoing wrote:
stillgoing wrote:
sree
ohhh
ohhh

(Cords, does it work?)

for
ohhh
ohhh

how about now?

You're gettin' the hang of it....Now for the pics.....

Shoo! I thought I was going to have to stay at 400 until you saw the post.
Anyway, it's a good (or bad) excuse to bump up my thread.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Jan 2016 23:30 #274650

• cordnoy
Good.

Re: BIG SHOT!? 17 Jan 2016 23:33 #274651

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
other wise I may just have to resort back to Dr. Suess......
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: BIG SHOT!? 29 Mar 2016 02:15 #282813

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
by yiraishamaim 02 Jun 2015 07:49 #255832It was so many years ago yet I remember it so clearly. I was 18 years old I am now over 50. I decided with a few friends that while we would be in the city that day we would try to sneak into a movie theater known for its "dirty movies" At the time there was no internet. Shmutz and acting out essentially had to do with magazines and movies. We were "successful" and entered the theater. What I saw startled me. The last 4 to 6 rows were filled and tightly filled with men in their sixties and seventies. They all looked sort of saddened and empty but not necessarily of low income. The rest of the theater was empty except for us 3 kids. I looked back at these men and thought " do they still have urges like us young guys? Is there nothing else they could do in their golden years? I certainly won't be such a loser at their age. Only now, when I am young and H_____ will I go to such a place. For me going here is sorta normal but these old geysers???" I have since learned that P____, acting out and the like is not so uncommon for the elderly. It is clear that sexual addiction just does not go away. Young men so inclined become middle-aged men so inclined and eventually turn into elderly men ... Is there anything more sadder and more reprehensible as a dirty old man? Conversely, the person who works on himself with a proper program of recovery is the polar opposite. He becomes more self-confident as he works his program. AT THIS POINT- Although continuing his recovery he feels capable of working on other middos. Daven and learn more. His glowing nature becomes conspicuous to others.  "Chochmos Adam Tair Panav" He becomes a dignified person with a happy disposition.  Hachaim V'hamaves is really in our hands. If we have the desire and put forth the right  hishtadlus, G-d will take care of the rest

I love this post, because it shows that if we don't tackle this beast now, we are always going to be feeding it. It never ever gets full. And thats assuming that we're not in jail... 

BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.89 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes